“Building standards?”

Hotel Palia Sa Coma Playa
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in Sa Coma
“Building standards?”
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Got no idea about the building standards in Spain but I think it's just a matter of time until a major water damage will occur. The toilet in the room was installed an inch from the shower wall, making it impossible for an adult to sit straight on it. Visited another room with a wall hanged toilet bowl that was hanging loose an had cracked the wall behind. The shower curtain in another room was hanging outside the rim making the bathroom an indoor pool. Food being very hard to eat. Didn't pay for the trip myself as I was there on work but seeing the prices makes me very confused about where the money goes. Maybe since it's near the sea there must be higher property tax or something, no value for money otherwise. The staff was somewhat friendly but unable to help with certain things. Chose another hotel if you can.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Karl T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Reviewed 14 June 2014

well where to start we have just come back from our 2 week holiday and I can say we are a little disappointed, the rooms were lovely and clean and fresh towels every day was a bit disappointed there was no tea making facilities in the room. the hotel seems to be very German and French orientated and disabled but the lift isn't big enough for say a wheel chair or a mobility scooter or even a few people many times we found we would be waiting on lifts as many people didn't like taking the stairs. the restaurant staff are lovely and so hard working there a credit to the hotel the food however wasn't very nice there was very lack of what the food was which I thought there would of been the meats were very fatty and grizzly, the drinks you got in little plastic cups which were useless you needed about 4 just to get a proper drink. I found the entertainment staff very off putting and the children games just repeated but there wasn't really anything else for the children to do as the park consists of just a little swing and a little climbing frame they could do with some kind of indoor play area. on one of the days that was raining the entertainment staff set games in the reception it was just un organised chaos.

Room Tip: rooms to the front of the hotel have better views
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Samanthanewsham
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Hi I recently came back from Sarah coma on June the 4th. It is a beautiful resort and would recommend it to anyone. But as ford the hotel well all I can say is utter rubbish for all inclusive. You had tiny plastic cups for you're drinks that weren't even half a pint and tiny polestirine cups for coffee. The food was repetitive but mostly suitable for the French or Germans. You did have a half tidy breakfast but no real sausages only frankfurter.There were two bars one by the pool like a hot dog stand and a small one inside but only one open at a time. I could go on but for all inclusive son,t waste you're money OK I suppose for bed and breakfast. All in all a nice holiday but wrong hotel Rob from Swansea.

Room Tip: Try the Playa Dorada.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Robert W
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Helpful staff clean hotel we'll run food a lot of choice room basic we required disabled facilities which did not disappoint but the shower area/ wet room was areal problem as the whole bathroom Floor was swamped following a shower despite trying various ways to contain this hence the moping up with all the towels before being able to walk/transfer safely I felt there was a risk of falling .entertainment was average all the young children looked to be having a great time the animation team appeared very committed very few English Good value for the money went with family of all ages Good overall holiday

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank Lynn H
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Arrived 12th may 2014, upon arrival reception lady really rude insisted my 3 year old needed to wear a wrist band despite several request that my little girl wouldn't wear it eventually we got it on her there was a €10 charge per wrist band refundable but unexpected!! Soon as we got into our room my little girl wanted it off it was irritating her wrist so a lot of fuss for nothing!

Hotel clean/rooms clean but the food was disgusting I wouldn't feed it to my dog never mind my family! The food was recycled each day so what was left at lunch seemed to be reinvented in the evening, don't get me wrong the salad was all fresh and the fish but gees I've never seen so much disgusting food in my life. When booking we thought we got snacks during the day as we have done on all our AI, the snacks was being given the same time as the lunch meal times which seems pointless to me. In the end this holiday cost us an extra £425 for the week this was due to us having to eat out to avoid the rubbish food. I know everyones standards are different and to be honest ours isn't really high we are an average family from England but the food here is well below standards I'd rate it a 2* or below. The entertainment is fairly poor. Children's area consist of two metal old swings a plastic climbing frame that you get in nurseries and the slide is about a foot and half long "if that" it's for 1 year olds, there is a metal climbing frame which was very pointless. The sand in the children's area was dirty so you defo needed a shower when leaving the children's area.

The pool was ok, nice slope so ideal for toddlers and there was a life guard on at all times.

Area Sa Coma absolutely nothing for kids and nothing really here we had to walk into cala Millor each day, now that place is lovely this was about 30min walk, but you can get a bus there which runs very frequently the bus stops aren't that far from the hotel. In Cala Millor recommend the fantasy play park, some really good inflatables and it's empty during the day!

The beach in Sa Coma was full of sea weed but if you walk further up the beach it's beautiful and clear shallow waters great for young kids and the beach is fairly big.

They do catamaran trips to other resorts that's a rip off get on the bus it cost €3.60 to Porto Cristo one way and on the boat it's €22 each under 2's are free but the women didn't charge us for our 3 year old.

I wouldn't recommend going to this hotel with kids nothing to do and the food is disgusting.

This hotel is fully geared up for disabled people hoist for the pool and charge points for scooters, whilst here I'd say that around 30% of the clientele was in wheel chairs or electric scooters or had some kind of disability which of course isn't a problem as I own a home care business so I deal with disabilities and elderly everyday but when you have a little one into that equation it's not really ideal at one point someone drove into her knocking her to the floor. I'm not sure if this was due to the time of year but we had to keep an eye on her at all times after the knock down.

In a nutshell very disappointing and wouldn't recommend to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Mrsdbailey
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Arrived here Mon 5th may 2014. Booked an all inclusive package but upon arrival we were charged 10 euros deposit for wrist bands which was returnable upon departure! Thought it was AI?? Rooms very spacious n extremely clean. Pool area good. One bar in hotel that was well stocked, but again certain drinks were not AI. There was also NO wine. This was only available at meal times in the restaurant. The food was dispicable! All meat looked n tasted same!! Yuk battered broccoli at breakfast!! Really?? This hotel is ok if your only staying 2-3 days!! More than that I wouldn't reccomend!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank newbs32
Reviewed 18 October 2013

Went the 1 st of october to the 15 th of october. My fiance myself & 4 kids everyone of us had an amazing time. The hotel was in the best location overlooking the beach so we had fantastic view's from our rooms. The hotel was clean all the time with maids cleaning our rooms & making the beds daily bring fresh towels every day. The food was lovely & all the staff were brilliant so friendly. This is definitely the best hotel I have stayed in. I would definitely recommend it. I did notice however most if the people staying here were german. With only one other English family to talk to.another good thing was topless sunbathing was not popular here so it was a much better environment for the kids & families as who wants to see other people's bits definitely not me. Although a couple of awful woman did lower the tone by doing this thankfully it wasn't for long.

• Stayed October 2013