“Didn't want to come home!!!!”
Review of Europa

Europa
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Sa Coma
Reviewed 1 August 2014

We've just got yesterday from staying in the Europa apartments in Sa Coma, and I can honestly say this was one of the best holidays I've ever had!!! If you want a 5 star hotel go to the ritz, as some people have got to realise that the Europa is only a 2 star apartment!!
Irene and Miguel that run the complex are a lovely couple who will go out of their way to make you feel welcome, and will do their very best to resolve any problems that you may have. We've got 2 girls that are aged 11 and 9, and they had an absolute ball in the swimming which I may add is lovely too to swim in as it's a fresh water pool, and you are in for a treat at night as it lights up in the most beautiful of colours. We did have a little problem with ants, as when you have children they tend to drop crumbs and sweet stuff on the floor, but if you just ask Irene or Miguel for ant spray they soon are rid off!!!

Sa Coma itself is such a beautiful place with lovely white beaches and clear blue seas. You will never be bored, as there is loads of things to do. You can hire electric scooters for 9 euros for 30 mins, and these are so much fun!! There are loads of restaurants and shops, and you can get 2 meals for 10 euros at "kenna's" Irish bar which is really really nice food, but we kind of stuck with chaplins bar, as the food was gorgeous and the staff were so lovely and friendly.

We have already been looking at the prices to go back to the Europa apartment for next year, as like I said we had a fab time. If your looking for a quiet holiday, where you can get a sun lounger without sticking your towels down at stupid o'clock, lovely restaurants, good shops but most of all a cheap but cheerful holiday then you won't go wrong with Europa!!

Room Tip: Ask for an apartment over the swimming pool as this is just stunning at night, when your having a dr...
6  Thank Andrea O

Reviewed 31 July 2014

We booked these apartments as a last minute trip to the sun and we are so glad we did. (Just back 4 days ago and wish we were there!) We were very pleasantly surprised as we hadn't paid a lot of money and expected some disappointments along the way. I can honestly say there were none. The apartment did smell a wee bit damp on arrival, but very quickly with the windows opened that soon went and bedding, towels and whole apartment was spotless. Certainly there were some tired bits around the complex but I have stayed in some complexes that allege to be 4 star and not even nearly as good as Europa! We had tv, (With English speaking channels) not that we watched it much, as Sa Coma itself is a beautiful, vibrant holiday resort, perfect for families. The pool was lovely with lots of sunbeds and no mad dash for them in the mornings. My absolute fave though of the whole place is the lovely pool lights at night, a real treat for balcony night time. We were in room 18, shower was great and view of pool and gardens lovely. Irene, the lady that runs the complex and her gentleman colleague, went out of their way to ensure we had a good holiday and nothing was too much trouble for them. For basic, cheap, really good family accommodation you wont go wrong! We may have found our "forever" holiday home!

Room Tip: room 18 great shower and view of pool area, gets the sun from mid afternoon to evening.
6  Thank Loufairy1
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We are a family of 4 (I have 2 girls aged 10 & 7) and came back from Europa Apartments yesterday. I was dreading it given some of the reviews on here!

Apartments: we stayed in no. 7 which is in a quieter part of the complex, it did have a smell of damp in the bedroom, but I used air freshener when it needed it. The beds/sofa beds are very comfortable and had mattress protectors, I have stayed in some 4/5 star hotels - (admittedly in Egypt which are more like 2 star everywhere else!) and even they didn't have these. The bathroom was brand new and very clean. The kitchen was a little tired with a 2 ring hob and microwave, but again it was spotless.

Amenities: Has a little park, tennis court and lovely well kept gardens. The pool is lovely and clean and has lots of inflatables for all the guests to use during your stay for free. Each apartment has 2 loungers and a patio set which was perfect for sitting out in the evening.

Overall: The married couple who manage the apartments are fantastic, very kind people. The resort is very friendly and relaxed (no towels out on the sun beds at 6.00am!), yes there are but you get a giant can of ant spray in your room provided by the hotel (it is a problem everywhere in Mallorca) and I would rather them than cockroaches or rats - which we spotted outside of a 4 star hotel on our 2nd day!!!

Yes you have to pay for a kettle/fan but I don't go to work for free!!! Everything is at a cost to someone and it's not ridiculously priced and the hotel do not give you any hard sell on anything unlike others have in our past holidays.

It's 5 minutes walk from the bars and restaurants and 7 from the beach. It is great value for the money we paid and if you pay next to nothing and expect the Ritz then you will always be disappointed!

We are returning next year for longer and cannot wait to see how things improve understand the lovely couple's management!

The hotel bar is so cheap, but would have been great if they had some family entertainment in the evening - then we could have chilled at the hotel bar, rather than having a drink in the bars along the front.

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank lindseyh1978
Reviewed 24 July 2014

From what I read on trip advisor before leaving I was worried about what we had booked, we had five adults and two children. However I was pleasantly surprised when we got there. The rooms are basic but clean and adequate, the staff where excellent the beer and drinks at the bar was very good value. You are about five minutes walk from the main area with the shops, bars, restaurants and also the beach. All in all it was a great holiday for a really good price, I would recommend this site and I would return to it myself.

Room Tip: There are three floors we had ground floor outside the swimming pool in Block C.
3  Thank Valerie H
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I was worried about what we had booked after reading some reviews but was pleasantly surprised with this place. We did not pay a great deal for the accommodation and what we got was what we paid for. The place is tired and in need of some TLC but the rooms were clean and comfortable and ours was not particularly large but that said We did not anticipate spending our fortnight in the room. The staff were helpful and pleasant. The best thing about this place is that it is hidden away and is pretty quiet considering Sa Coma is a fairly busy resort. It is also only a 5 minute walk to the beach. I would stay here again if my budget was the same but if I had more to spend I would probably go a little more upmarket!

2  Thank Louise S
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Great location only 2 mins from shops and many bars and restaurant.Nice n chilled any pretty quiet but still a busy resort .Lots to do around and very cheap to eat and drink ..A great week away .Sa Coma is a great family resort.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jason B
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Arrived at the europa apartments on the 30th June, we were a bit worried about the reviews we had read, but there was no need, the aparments are clean and tidy, good little kitchen, the pool is great and gets the sun all day, the staff are really helpful and friendly, and the location of the hotel is perfect, 5 min walk to the beach, supermarket, bars, and restaurants. Dont let some of these reviews put you off, it really is a good hotel, and great value for money!

• Stayed: July 2014
#4 of 13 in S'illot
Som Siurell
Som Siurell
#15 of 29 in Sa Coma

Been to Europa? Share your experiences!