Just got back from a week here (16th – 23rd Aug) with my family – 2 daughters aged 5 and 8. Booked with lowcostholidays £1600 for a week which we thought was a bargain. Considering that the hotel element of this was only £650 then we feel that the HSM Torre Blanca represents excellent value for money.
The hotel is located on the outskirts of Sa Coma but is not too far to walk to the beach. We did not find it necessary to go to the beach, everything we needed was right within the apartment complex. There was the also the minibus which will run you down there and back. There were a handful of people waiting for each journey. The complex spans two sites separated by a very quiet road. We specifically requested a pool view and were given apt 50 which was as close to the pool, reception and bar as you could be. This was great noise was not an issue (more later).
We had a one bed apartment that had at some point (like most units) had been setup for self catering as it had a sink area and cooking ring in the living area. There was also a sofa with pop up bed so each apartment slept four. The apartments are in blocks of about 4 or 5. We had no noise from our neighbours what so ever despite the complex being full. Each apartment also had a TV with German cable channels and BBC news. However we didn’t really use it. There is a ceiling fan which does help a little with temperature. When we were there the day temperature was around 37c and night around 25-30c. This mean that we did struggle to sleep on the first night. If you want air con in your room then you can either a) pay more for your holiday and choose a higher class of accommodation or hire it there... We hired a fan for 15EUR for the week on the second day and had no further problems. No problems with showers, toilet, bidet or sink. Rooms were cleaned and beds maid most days. The maid also made animals out of the towels which the kids loved.
Yes this hotel is popular with Germans. At the start of our hols I would say 60% German, 20% British and 20% Spanish. By the end this had gone to around 50% German, 30% British and 20% Spanish. The hotel is well served by German tour operators – one in particular 1 * 2 Fly (http://www.1-2-fly.com/) which if you have kids runs the kids club there (Solino). We did not find the fact that there were German people there an issue – what would be the issue? I would go so far as to suggest that some things were actually better as there were no English there.
1. Despite being all inclusive we did not see anybody drunk. I.e. No British day time Binge Drinking
2. When the Bar shut at 12pm prompt it was silent. No drunks singing football chants etc
3. Wide variety of interesting foods. Not just traditional English dishes to keep Brits happy.
The only noticeable time was during the ‘mini disco’ when a lot of the songs were in German. But then our girls would dance to anything.
Sunbeds are specifically not allowed to be reserved. However most are and most are empty for the bulk of the day. The hotel encourage you to take towels off and give them to reception. However no one does. We did play the game and reserved our beds when we got up and never had a problem.
Entertainment and Kids Club
There seems to be a few strands of activities. Mini/Solino (the younger childrens kids club) seems to be run by the German holiday company “1 2 Fly”. All of the activities are announced over the microphone by the side of the pool and commence with the chocolatte dance and a song in German: “eins, zwei fly Solino...” Listen out for this song: http://youtu.be/rxyd9MKgtEc?t=22s NB This is not the hotel...
The Solino club have a club house right at the back for the apartment complex where kids can go for around 2-3 hrs in the morning and afternoon. The exact opening times are on the entertainment notice board.
The Maxis and grown up entertainment are done by the inhouse entertainment team. It consisted of aqua aerobics, tournaments in football, darts, pistol shooting, archery and mini golf to name a few. Again exact times are on the entertainment notice board.
Every night there is entertainment of some sort of other. Starting with the Mini Disco at 8.30pm and then Bingo followed by a show. Around 11pm everything winds up so no noisy late night disco. The hotel entertainment staff deserve a medal doing everything in 3 languages so you do not miss out.
The Animation office - aka little shop of useful things...
The entertainment team work out of an office. When you leave you can donate your inflatables, books, sun cream, buckets and spades etc. These are all then sold to incoming guests for 1EUR and the money donated to a charity. We didn’t find this until the end and had already purchased lilos, a giant ring and more sun cream from the Eroski just down the road. You can also hire foc (just deposit) sports equipment to use the tennis courts and multisports area etc.
Out and about.
We didn’t find it necessary to leave the complex that much. There seemed to be plenty of companies that did offer trips out. We did go to the La Reserva ‘water park’ (http://youtu.be/A-QeXNG5Hlw) at the adjoining Club Protur hotel. Older children 10+ would quickly be bored and it was fairly expensive – around 30EUR per person + extra on a weekend. However this was for all inclusive and the food was better than HSM Torre Blanca.
Wow what can I say about food. I put on around half a stone whilst there due to the huge amount of choice and food available. There is plenty of opportunity to eat. Breakfast is typical continental and/or fried egg, Spanish bacon, sausage and beans. The freshly baked French bread is worth a mention. Lunch and dinner were always choice of two or three different meats usually one fish and then either chicken or Pork. We tired Shark and Squid whilst there. Pasta, salad and Pizza also available. If I was to criticise anything:
1. Vegetarian choice was lacking. No main vegetarian dish.
2. Puddings were the same every day.
3. There was no light snack option for lunch. I.e. sandwich etc.
However this isn’t us.
Bread, butter, cheese and ham (along with ice cream) available pretty much all day apart from meal times.
Slush, soft drink and juice machines all within kids easy reach. Alcohol from the bar - very generous measures, all local spirits and Estrella Dam lager + a cocktail machine.
Yes it could be busy but not a real issue. Take a look at the pics to see.
Recommended. Exceptional value for money. Much cheaper than spending the same amount of time in a room only hotel in the UK. If you are prepared to be a little more of an independent holidayer then recommended. If you can’t live on holiday without Shepherd’s Pie, Sunday dinners or a sausage and chips then I would suggest that you probably look elsewhere. There are plenty of British pubs serving cider, Barcadi Breezers and John Smiths on the road down to the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IN GENERAL: The apartments HSM Club Torre Blanca offer all kind of advantages to spend unforgettable family holidays. The hotel is focused on children enjoyment, with its big and original lake shaped swimming pool, spacious sports area and all inclusive board. The hotel is open from May to October. LOCATION: The complex HSM Club Torre Blanca is situated in Sa Coma, a resort in San Lorenzo municipality in the east of Majorca, 70 km away from Palma and 65 km from the airport. The beautiful beach of Sa Coma is almost 1 km long, and there is a sea promenade along the beach surrounded by palm trees. The hotel offers a free shuttle bus to the beach, which is situated 800 m from the hotel. Sa Coma is separated from Cala Millor by a natural area of Sa Punt de n'Amer. In the proximity there is also a small talayot in S'Illot. A commercial centre, with a supermarket, is situated just steps away from the hotel. There are also bars and restaurants near the beach. Attractions such as Auto Safari Zoo or Mini Golf Paradise are a must for children! The picturesque village Porto Cristo, with its famous Drach Caves, is just 6 km away. ROOMS: The complex consists of 2 floor bungalows and has the image of a small, charming Mediterranean village. Spacious and comfortable apartments, all with a bedroom and a living room (with sofa beds), bathroom, ceiling fans (in both rooms), safety deposit box (extra charge), telephone, WIFI (extra charge), satellite TV and terrace. GASTRONOMY: The hotel offers an all inclusive food and beverage package. The restaurant serves meals in a thematic buffet style! There is a wide selection of cold and hot dishes, as well as a variety of fruit and desserts. The restaurant also offers some dishes prepared instantly in show cooking. The all inclusive package, besides 3 main meals, offers snacks between meals and all kinds of drinks (beverages, hot drinks, alcohol) and ice cream throughout the entire day. FACILITIES: Spacious terrace offers a swimming pool for adults, with a separate area for children, surrounded by sunbeds and sunshades. Bar service at the pool. Indoor Bar. CHILDREN: The complex HSM Club Torre Blanca offers the following facilities to guarantee fun for the whole family: mini club with entertainers, swimming pool, sports area, etc. Funny mascot called Sami joins the children in different games and activities. Also available baby cots and high chairs in the restaurant, at no extra cost. ADDITIONAL SERVICES: 24/7 reception. WIFI in common areas (no extra charge), WIFI in hotel rooms (extra charge), Internet corner (extra charge). Rent a car and rent a bike. We accept both Visa and MasterCard credit cards. SPORT AND ENTERTAINMENT: Daytime and evening entertainment, shows or live music various times per week. Mini golf, playground, sports area to play tennis, volleyball, football, etc. Billiards (extra charge) and table tennis in the complex. Possibility to practice sports in the area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, LoveHolidays and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your HSM Club Torre Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hsm Club Torre Blanca Hotel Sa Coma
- Hsm Hotel Sa Coma
- Hsm Hotel Torre Blanca
- HSM Club Torre Blanca Sa Coma, Majorca