I normally pour through the reviews on here so only fair that I leave a detailed review.
So we arrived on the 6th June, went to our room and it didnt look like the superior room picture on the web, went back to reception, spoke with Clare who is English and very helpful. She said it was because there were two types of room; a family suite where basically the sofabed and adults twin bed face each other separated by sliding doors and one where its all open plan. Basically the same but laid out differently. We felt the family suite was cramped and Clare said we could happily move, no fuss, no bother, great.
This really set the tone for the rest of the holiday which was thoroughly enjoyable. So breaking it down:
Staff: Exceptional (yes exceptional) and I mean all of them, reception, restaurant staff, bar staff just fantastic. You may have seen the entertainers name Lina crop up time and time again, and for good reason. She is *amazing*, running the entertainment for the adults single handed with such passion and enthusiasm. Make sure you get involved playing 'Sjoelen' which is great fun and there is an outside ping pong table which is very popular.
Rooms: Like I said we preferred the open plan room to the family suite but all rooms overlook the pool and are clean, modern. There are no baths but have excellent walk-in showers. We did go for a safe but to be honest its such a warm and friendly resort I'm not really sure you would need to.
Food: Incredible, such a choice and range at every meal. I recommend the stir fry of an evening which the chefs cook up to order, sometimes a little bit of a queue but a healthy and filling meal. We've done a number of all inclusives and the food here was way better than anything else we have had. Beer and white/red wine you help yourself to. Beer is ok, red wine isnt bad but didnt think much to the white wine. The coffee out of the machines is ok too.
Facilities: Pool is a decent size, as others have said the sun moves around and different parts have sun at different times, like the sunbeds really. We didnt think the hotel was too busy so always got sunbeds fine. I personally detest the whole towel reservation thing (and in my experience the British are the worst for this *not* the germans!) and it wasnt too bad at all. There is a gym which is sparse but has a couple of bikes, a treadmill and some dumbbells but the equipment is new and up to date. There is the lounge bar that opens from 6pm and the pool bar is open all day. Its worth nothing that during euro 2012 games with a 6pm kick-off they opened the bar at 5pm, that gives you an idea of the sort of place this is, little touches that mean *alot*
Entertainment: On the whole not bad at all, couple of ropey acts, one that stands out (for being bad) was a robbie williams tribute, some joker calling himself 'Rob idol', well apart from his Mum and best friend I cant imagine who tells him he can sing, it was painfully obvious he has not had any vocal coaching whatsoever but we did get some really good acts overall.
Resort: really nice beaches (sa coma and s'illot) just a few minutes walk away, you can really wade out far and nice sandy beaches. We found a couple of bars nearby and drinks prices were really good, typically 1.5-2 euros a pint so if you did want a change from the hotel.
Thats about it really, I cannot think of a single thing to complain about with regards to this hotel, simply outstanding!
Just a couple of tips; if you like really good coffee then at the pool bar they have a coffee machine behind the bar which is a bean to cup machine which gives you really good coffee. Dont buy stuff from shops on the beachfront, go one street back and you'll find prices are cheaper. In the bar are two large bottles of a drink the locals call 'herbs', try the sweet and and the dry (they are shots) and get yourself some (called Tunel) in the local spar to bring home.
Go and enjoy
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Protur Palmeras Playa Hotel with 4 stars is one of our hotels in Majorca. Located in Sa Coma, it is located 100 meters from the Sa Coma beach and 500 meters from the small fishing port of s'Illot.Our hotel in Sa Coma has twin rooms and is perfect for families with children wishing to spend their holiday in Majorca.The outdoor pool is surrounded by gardens and terraces where you can enjoy the Majorcan sun.A full entertainment programme with evening shows and activities complete the leisure on offer at the Protur Palmeras Playa Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., World Independent Hotel Promotion, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Protur Palmeras Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protur Palmeras Playa Hotel Sa Coma
- Protur Palmeras Playa Sa Coma, Majorca