“Yet again fantastic” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Sa Coma
blackpool
“Yet again fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

This was our second stay at this hotel and yet again what a great holiday we had. Everything about this hotel was right for us. We travelled as a party of four. Two adults and two children aged 9 and 6.
ROOMS:-
Every room has a view of the pool and is very spacios. More than enough space for 2 adults and 2 kids. Towels changed everyday and cleaned to a high standard. The bathroom is very very impressive with a walk in shower that was great.

FOOD:-
From breakfast to Evening meal the food was varied, piping hot, well presented and very tasty. You can now have a chinese meal cooked infront of you and also meat and fish cooked to order. As for desserts utterly brilliant, the Chef should be congratulated on these, I have never seen anything as well produced and presented and to cap it they all tasted great.

STAFF:-

Every member of staff appears to have a smile on their faces and all seem to enjoy their jobs. This "rubs off" on the guests and creates a very relaxed atmosphere. Nothing is to much trouble for the reception staff. The bar staff are very efficient and even when the bar is busy you get served quite quickly. The waiters in the restaurant are very good and extremely polite. A special mention to Lena from the entertainment staff, her enthusiasm is very infectious.

THE POOL:-
The pool is an ample size for this hotel, yes it can get busy but we stayed in the height of the season. The sunbed situation is the same in this hotel as many others. If you want a certain spot then yes you have to reserve your beds. If you are not bothered you can still come down at 10 o'clock and get 4 or 5 beds together.

ENTERTAINMENT:-
More than acceptable. Some acts better than others. Rud Stewart was brilliant- make sure you don' t miss him. If you want Las Vegas style entertainment- go to Las Vegas

After booking our holiday I always trawl through reviews on this site on a daily basis, if you are in this position now, firstly I am very envious that you are about to stay at the Palmeras Playa, I would come back tomorrow, and secondly what a great holiday you are about to embark on.
Finally I would reccommend this hotel to anyone and will be returning next year,

4 Thank upthepool2011

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

Great hotel great for family's food is very nice with good choice of variety and tastes nice near to the beach and all your essential shops near buy etc spar, car & bike hire opposite and bus and little train stop outside which takes I to cala millor which was handy because we had family staying there would just like to mention and give a Big big thank you to Rachel & Clare on reception for being very helpful and friendly to us there English but slp the other staff speak very goog English so lookout for them worth the vista and good value for money we stayed in a lovely 5star hotel in Tenerife last year and this hotel is definitely a high contender with last years we wear half board but most people are all inclusive will definitely be staying here again soon! :-)

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank hayleylou1994
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

My husband and I, along with our 8 yr old daughter stayed at the Palmeras Playa 9th - 16th Aug. we had an absolutely fantastic week. The hotel is extremely clean and well kept. Every staff member we encountered had a smile on their face and were happy to help with any question. The hotel seemed to be full as it was peak season, however it still had a very calm relaxing atmosphere. There were no big ques at the bars. As mentioned in other reviews you did need to reserve your sun bed pretty early to get a good spot but I think this is a common issue in most hotels. The food was of a high standard with plenty of choice, we never felt the need to check out local restaurants. The rooms were clean and spacious.
We were a little disappointed with the entertainment, it certainly wasn' t action packed. They ran the kids activities separate from the adults. Some people may like this but personally I think if the tournaments etc had been combined parents could of had fun with their children rather than doing things separately. The evening entertainment was very average too but this didn't stop us having fun and enjoying a few drinks in a great atmosphere.
We loved Sa Coma, it has a beautiful beach and plenty of little shops along the prom. We went out for a walk every evening, it felt very safe and family orientated. The beach is 2 minutes away, we would leave all our things by the pool and pop for a quick swim and walk back wet, it's that close!
I would confidently recommend this hotel to friends and family. We had a fantastic time, it was so relaxing, I would definitely like to return. Great hotel in a great location, book it!!!!!!

3 Thank Danielle R
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2012

I stay at the palmeras with my husband and two year old daughter in the middle of aug , upon arrival at 3am we were greeted by the wonderful reception staff who I have to say really do go out of there way to help.
The rooms are great very modern and spacious and the bathroom well what can I say that shower is just brilliant (missing it already) the rooms were cleaned and made up everyday with fresh towels and they all have a pool view and a view of the stage area.
The pool area is kept clean and there is plenty of sunbeds to go around although one part does get the shade around three in afternoon.
Now on to the food , there was always lots of choice at all meal times and food was hot and constantly being changed . The desert section was heaven just so much to choose from just excellent. The drinks were good to anything from shorts to champagne and the cocktails are lovely.
The hotel is situated five minutes walk from the beach, the beach does get very busy so go early! Beach is excellent with lots of water sports on offer.
Sa coma itself is a lovely family resort not to big but the neat by town of calor Millor is just a fifteen min walk away or the fishing village of sillot a two mon walk, all in all we loved out holiday at the palmeras and will defiantly be returning in the future

• Stayed August 2012
Belfast, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2012

first impression lovely clean hotel rooms spacious with large walk in shower no water left in room which was odd for a 4star premier hotel food either a hit or a miss not the warmest at times food needs to be replenished more often took 2 boiled eggs one morning both were raw when opened the white of the egg was only slightly turning white. hubby got a badly cracked cup on last morning bacon burnt to a crisp entertainment very poor in evenings boring at times not what you expect from a 4 star premier hotel .

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank lucinda1049
grimsby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

We stayed at this hotel the last week of July / first week of August for 11 nights and what a fantastic 11 nights it was!
We arrived and our first impressions weren’t necessarily that favourable. Our room that was supposed to be a pool view turned out to be looking over the corrugated roof of the outside stage. After debating for a while we decided to nip down to reception and see if we could change rooms. Although I could tell the receptionists weren’t particularly pleased, they were pleasant enough and changed our room for a different one higher up with a better view. I must stress that this was First Choice’s fault and not the hotels as in the brochure it stated all rooms have a pool view. I think we counted about four that didn’t have one (how unlucky were we!) Now to the good bits,
The rooms are fantastic! They are spacious and clean and you couldn’t ask for more. There is a flat screen TV with a few English channels. (The Olympics were on at the time so it couldn’t have been better coming back to the room after a great day and watching the highlights) The rooms have a fridge that you don’t have to pay for which we thought was an added bonus. Also, don’t bother taking a kettle as a decent sized one is provided along with a selection of tea and coffee sachets.
The bathrooms are lovely and the walk in shower was great. Again, you can save some room in your suitcase as there’s no need to take a hairdryer with you because a good quality one is also supplied. Towels are changed everyday if needed and the maid service is very good.
The pool is just about the right size for the size of the hotel. The dreaded sun lounger situation is a little bit annoying. Why have the Brits taken to the philosophy that if you put a towel on a sun bed at 7 in the morning then that automatically becomes your bed for the rest of the day whether you are going to use it or not??? For every bed in use there were around 8 with just a towel on. It’s really annoying but what can the hotel do about it without upsetting holiday makers who have paid a lot of money to stay there? To be fair to the Hotel, as the week got busier they did bring out some extra beds.
One gripe for me was there are no areas set aside for smoking so you might find yourself getting a face full of smoke when at the pool, at the seating in front of the stage and even in the ‘outdoor’ part of the restaurant. (It’s not really outdoors as there is a roof on the building just no windows)
Talking of the restaurant the food is one of the main reasons that makes this hotel stand head and shoulders above others that we have stayed at. It is fantastic and I can honestly say I had some of the best food I have ever tasted. The stir fry, cooked while you wait is a must as is the grill were again, the chefs will cook the meats and fish while you wait. I don’t eat desserts but they are incredible to look at and I am reliably informed by my wife and son that they taste as good as they look.
There’s pretty much constant food all day if you want it, from a lovely cooked breakfast first thing, followed by a continental breakfast at the outside bar. Then there’s lunch either outside at the bar or in the restaurant. Next comes afternoon cakes and biscuits, again at the bar and then dinner in the restaurant in the evening. If that’s not enough there are ice lolly’s to help yourself to all day. There’s even ham and cheese sandwiches at 11p.m. for a late night snack. No wonder I put on over half a stone in weight! As I mentioned you can have lunch at the outside bar which is more of a snack bar serving stuff like burgers, hotdogs, chips, kebab meat etc or you can eat in the restaurant which provides more upmarket dining. (If you really wanted you could do both!)
You help yourself to beer, wine, hot drinks and soft drinks at the bar all day, (there are bar staff if you want something different like Sangria, Cava, Slush or Spirits) and there’s a bar service in the evening with very friendly bar staff. Special mention to the barman called Quique who has a constant smile on his face and nothing is too much trouble for him.
The evening entertainment the hotel provides is of a good standard and the fact that it’s all outside under the warm Majorcan sky makes it extra special.
The kid’s entertainer is also great and puts so much into her job. Just watching her and the energy she puts into her work leaves you breathless.
I can’t really fault the hotel at all. It’s the best hotel we have ever stayed at and I would recommend it to anyone. You can look but I don’t think you’ll find any better on the island!
Sa Coma is a nice resort too. It’s no good if you want to go clubbing every night but for a family it is perfect. The nature reserve to the left of the beach is worth a visit although it’s probably best to pick a cooler day if you can. We also went to the Safari Park, (there’s a free Bus that takes you there in about 10 minutes from just outside the hotel). It’s worth a visit and isn’t too expensive.
We did go on the catamaran trip but wish we’d have done the glass bottom boat one instead. The one we went on was more of a shuttle service than a tourism attraction so we were a bit disappointed with that.
It’s worth noting that there is a supermarket about 15 minutes walk from the hotel. (Go up to the nature reserve, turn left and after about 5 minutes walk it is on the right) It’s about 50% cheaper than the Spar shops in the area so worth a visit if you want to save a bit of money on water, beer and sun cream amongst other things.
Nearby S’illot is a little livelier than Sa Coma and worth a visit on an evening. (Turn right at the Seafront and it’s about two minutes walk away). We loved a stroll up to the bridge and looking at all the fish in the river.
The weather was fantastic and all in all I can’t praise the hotel or the resort enough.
We probably won’t be going back next year simply because we want to try different places but we are looking to try more Protur Hotels in the future. If you are reading this review and going to this hotel all I can say is, LUCKY YOU!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
18 Thank simruthar
dublin irl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

We are a family of four(children 9+7) and have just returned from a two week stay at Palmeras Playa,We had a wonderful stay..as many reviewers have said this hotel ticks so many boxes for families. I was originally a little unhappy with our room as it was on the top floor(7th) and felt it was very high up for the children .. I approached Rachel on reception who could not have been more helpful,she gave me the option of not 1 but 2 different rooms,(I can't think of many hotels where reception are that service driven,Thank you!!)in the end we stayed where we were as the views were so nice,looking out into the hills..Rachel really could not have done enough to help and also organised for us to have a late checkout as we had a very late flight home ,Rachel is a credit to the Protur group as are the other reception staff who were always so polite..the rooms themselves are quite small but kept so clean by the friendly cleaning staff,the bathrooms on the other hand are a great size+decorated to a high standard,and as has been mentioned the showers are huge..we made use of La Reserva water park which is part of The Protur club,it is a good walk in the heat but again it was great value and as we were all inclusive our tickets in were at a reduced rate and our food+drinks there also included..there is a kids club,the girls are lovely,(thank you Lina+Aniko) but it's a small club,probably more suited to younger kids though it was a great place for the children to get to know their fellow young holiday makers+so they made some great little pals,for our son who is nine we would have liked a little more activities, there is only 1 table tennis table+1 pool table..now onto the food!! WOW,I am a fussy foodie and I must have put on a few pounds(+ The rest) the food really is fantastic,with a great variety of fresh healthy salads,fish ,meat etc+food cooked to order by very attentive chefs(I don't know how they stay so cool+calm with the heat from their cookers)..I don't like being negative at all about this hotel as they don't deserve huge criticism,however I do need to say it would have been nice to have a coffee after dinner but they turn off the machines and as the waiters do not actually serve AI guests in the restaurant,
in order to have a coffee with desert one had to leave the restaurant and get a coffee in the bar and take it back in,it just wasn't worth it!!.As a four star hotel I think it would be nicer to be served drinks rather than pouring them for yourself,which is what you must do at all meals..that aside,we would definitely recommend this hotel to families,it is terrific value for money,with fab food,2 minutes from a beautiful beach,it has wonderful staff,super bathrooms and free wi-fi in so many areas of the hotel(not just in reception) so well done Protur,We will definitely return to your hotel group!!

Room Tip: rooms at the end of block A and on higher floors have a lovely view to the hills..