We usually go for a villa for the main family holiday, so an all inclusive hotel deal was uncharted territory for us this year. What a pleasant surprise this tuned out to be. From the first minute when we were greeted by Dominique in reception (who was brilliant every time we needed help or info) we found all the staff really friendly & interested in helping to provide a great service. The bar staff were fast & friendly as were the restaurant staff. Being all inclusive, we expected to have to queue endlessly in a Butlins type of environment, but it really wasn't like that at all. Even at busy times, we always managed to seat 6 in the restaurant & if there wasn't a table immediately available, the waiters laid one in a flash. The food was fab! Our expectations weren't high, but the range & quality of dishes was great at every meal time. If we didn't fancy a full sit down lunch in the restaurant, there was an excellent pool bar stacked with salad, burgers, sausages, pizza etc plus draught beer & soft drinks all on a self service basis.
The only bad points for us:
The pool seems a bit small for a hotel of this size.
There are not enough sun beds, so you have to join in the 'get up early & put your towel out' brigade, despite notices saying that unattended towels would be removed before 9am, although we didn't see this being enforced at all.
Same problem with tables & chairs in the evening. If you like the look of that evenings entertainment, you need to eat early then get outside to grab a table. Several occasions we watched the acts on the outdoor stage from a sun bed!
That said, we had a great week & came away wishing we'd booked for 2 weeks - that can't be bad a thing ?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Protur Palmeras Playa Hotel with 4 stars is one of our hotels in Majorca. Located in Sa Coma, it is located 100 meters from the Sa Coma beach and 500 meters from the small fishing port of s'Illot.Our hotel in Sa Coma has twin rooms and is perfect for families with children wishing to spend their holiday in Majorca.The outdoor pool is surrounded by gardens and terraces where you can enjoy the Majorcan sun.A full entertainment programme with evening shows and activities complete the leisure on offer at the Protur Palmeras Playa Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotel.de, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Protur Palmeras Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protur Palmeras Playa Hotel Sa Coma
- Protur Palmeras Playa Sa Coma, Majorca