“Lovely holiday”

Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Sa Coma
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Lovely holiday”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

We have just returned from the Palmeras Playa in Sa Coma. We left yesterday (31st October). This was a perfect week's holiday. The hotel is great. Brilliant location (just a few minutes walk from the gorgeous sandy beach, land train stop right outside, shops all nearby, and bus stops two minutes walk away)

We had a great selection of food for each meal. We are a family of four and each of us found plenty we liked.

The pool area and rooms are lovely and clean, the shower is possibly the best we had.

The outstanding part was the staff. Everyone that we met were lovely and very helpful, especially David and Clare on the reception.

As we were there for the last few days of the season everything in Sa Coma was beginning to shut down for the winter months, but I could easily see that it would be very busy in the summer as its so nice.

We would recommend getting the local bus to Arta on market day (Tuesday). This is a very good market, and a lovely town. Its well worth the short walk up to the church for the beautiful views.

Room Tip: We were in room 1603 which gets the afternoon sun, and beautiful views towards the mountains.
3 Thank STFCgirlie

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
Hawarden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel to all families with young children or teenaged children. I'd recommend this hotel to couples both elderly and newly married, single parents and also friendship groups, large groups, small groups, small families, big families and close relations - the beauty of this hotel is the strong appeal to all types of people - I made close friends with males, females, adults over 30, over 50 and even socialised with children under the age of 15 or 10. This is one of the factors about this hotel that appeals to me - the variety, the mix and the people.

I arrived at the hotel on a Friday after a fantastic flight with Thomson. As I looked up from a deep sleep on the coach transfer I was shocked to see the aesthetic hotel that is Protur Palmeras Playa. I had seen images of the hotel on the internet but the look of the hotel from the entrance is very pleasing. The hotel's clean and fresh appearance, white painted exterior and granite flooring was much appreciated in the area of Sa Coma as some of the other hotels simply looked rundown, as if they needed a paint! This is obviously because the hotel was 'done up' in 2011.

The buildings interior is also very pleasant - to the left of the first floor is a gym - the gym is very average however, a point in which I would like to share - although, for a hotel gym it does the job with a treadmill, bikes and weights.
The rooms are also very nice. The television has many channels, both German and British including itv and bbc.

I would rate the restaurant food with a high 8 out of 10. The choice of food does repeat itself and by the end of the holiday I was fed up with chips! However, the chef is very good and I was pleased with the quality of the food and the food that was offered each night. British food is offered as well as some Spanish food such as Paela.

As I have already said, I mostly enjoyed the people, the relaxation aspect of this holiday and the staff at this hotel. All staff members were very pleasant with myself, my family and all of the other families at the hotel. The bar staff were very funny, chatty and made the bar area an even better place to be - in particular I thought that a man called 'Paco' was the most entertaining and had the best customer service of all barmen.
Because of the time of year (October) there was only one entertainer. Arron was very entertaining and regularly entertained the group at the hotel by organising ping pong tournaments for example. He organised the bingo and I believe he is also involved in the Kids Club at the hotel - a part of the hotel I did not visit. Overall, all staff at the hotel are pleasant.

Another aspect of the hotel that I enjoyed was All Inclusive - whenever I needed a coffee, a coke, a fanta, a beer or even a milkshake, it was available at the pool bar and the main bar. This is the same for most local spirits and the lager was Estrella.

The weather in October was surprisingly positive for the time of year. Although, we did have a storm on the fifth night.

The only negative comments that I have to make is that the hotel was very quiet, the hotel does not have Sky so if you want to watch football you have to go to a nearby pub - I would recommend Kenna's bar, a five minute walk from the hotel.
The end of October is the end of Majorca. I would not visit the hotel or Majorca at this time again as it is very empty and there was only 40 of us left on the last day. Also, shops are closing early, bars are running out of beer and there was overall a sense that we were unwanted by some of the Spanish.
The Wifi in the hotel is also very poor. It works, but I would like to see the hotel with stronger Wifi connection.

Overall the staff are very pleasant (bar staff, entertainment staff, maids, waiters and management), the area is lovely, the beach is very nice and the people that visit this hotel are varied, but very pleasant. The shops are nice, the food is nice and the you'll be entertained all week (especially if you stay in the summer)
However, I would not advise staying in Majorca at the end of October. I would prefer to visit this hotel in the summer months of July and August. The hotel was very quiet and the atmosphere was affected because of this.

Very nice hotel, thanks

Connor Maloney - 18

Room Tip: All rooms over look the pool, floors between 3-5 are the best in my opinion.
3 Thank Connor M
scotland
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Highly recommend this hotel, great food, great staff, very clean. No compaints whats so ever, ready to book for next year. 2 mins to beach and shops, Bliss!! rooms were lovely and cleaned daily, even had sirloin steak for tea 1 night.

2 Thank fifi030
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013

just returned after a brilliant 10 night stay . The hotel is lovely and the staff are all very friendly.When we arrived a bottle of champagne was in our room swans made from towels and petals were on our bed. you can not fault the rooms they are huge and very clean. The pool area is very well maintained with plenty of sunbeds. You do have to chase the sun round the pool because of the design of the building this wasnt a problem for us but could be in high season. The beach is a two minute walk from hotel.We bought lilos and borrowed umberella from reception as beds and brolly to hire on beach are 15 euros. The food at hotel is excellant with a very good selection and cooked to a high standard. The puddings are amazing thats why we both came home 6 pounds heavier ! I would definetly recommend this hotel we had a fantastic holiday thank you to all the staff who are doing a brilliant job.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 1603 in block A this gets the sun in the afternoon
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank sharon s
Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Just come back from a week there. Really lovely hotel, staff couldn't do enough to help. Very stylish, food great. Rooms a great size. Just one thing please you need better coffee! Would go back again think in full season there would be too much noise but was lovely when we were there. Easy to get to everything.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Shirley D
Somerset
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Had another lovely holiday hotel great, food fantastic,we meet some really nice people staff lovely as always as soon as you walk through the door,can't wait to go back,we could see why this is the no1 hotel

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank B63Somerset
wolverhampton
Reviewed 25 October 2013

This hotel is beautiful, located in a nice place a short walk to the beach and to several shops, a supermarket over the road which is handy for your papers etc.. A selection of nice bars and restaurants along the way as well. There is a road train that takes you to cala bona and cala millor return journey for about €3 which is good.. The food in the hotel is beautiful a lovely selection of meats and puddings and it's all so nice and fresh, you can ask the chef to cook you meat and stir fry in front of you, the breakfast in the morning is beautiful fresh eggs bacon etc and cereals of a wide variety.. There is a machine for your coffee and hot chocolate and hot water for tea, a machine for cold water and a selection of juices and also.... Yes wait for it a machine for wine and beer.. This was amazing. The drinks are good and they are very kind with measures the cocktails were lovely the piña colada was to die for.. The food on a lunch time by the pool was nice fresh burgers and chips and cold meats and salads etc.. I don't think you can moan about the food it is constant all day and there is something for everyone even the picky ones..
The staff are so nice always smiling they work so hard all day, the maids that do your room do a lovely job too. The reception staff are so friendly and make you feel so welcome when you arrive, they even waved us off at 6:00 in the morning when we left..
The pool area is nice we didn't use the pool during our stay but it's laid out lovely and there are plenty of sun beds. The entertainment was good the tom jones tribute atomic jones is brilliant very good voice, and the staff are brilliant with the children.
The hotel bar downstairs is nice and big, they put the England game on for us it was packed out shame it was 0-0 the atmosphere was brilliant..
The rooms are huge with a decent sized fridge for your water etc.. There are tea and coffee making facilities in the room which is a nice touch. The wardrobes were huge the safe is good for a small fee can't remember how much we paid for it but you get the deposit back when you leave.. The beds are so comfortable and there are spare pillows in the wardrobe if you need them. The shower is amazing the best shower I've ever used in a hotel before but the floor of the shower gets very slippy so be careful! The bathroom is very nice also with a very good hairdryer.. The view of the pool is lovely I think all the rooms have a pool view and you can also see the entertainment from your balcony if you didn't want to join the others downstairs. The air con was very nice I had it on all night.. There is also a flat screen tv which does show some English channels..
Overall this hotel was lovely we really enjoyed it it was ashame we couldn't stay longer but we would defiantly return in a heartbeat..

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Intertur Hotel Hawaii Mallorca & Suites
Viva Can Picafort
Viva Can Picafort
#1 of 39 in Ca'n Picafort

Been to Protur Palmeras Playa? Share your experiences!