“perfect for a family holiday”

Protur Palmeras Playa Hotel
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Sa Coma
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We spent the last week of the season at this hotel and really enjoyed our holiday. The hotel is clean and everything is in good condition. Food selection was really good at all meals and included traditional Majorcan items. Show cooking available with a wide selection of meats and fish on offer. The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful, particularly on reception and in the bar. The resort is quiet and ideal for families with beautiful beaches, where lifeguards always seemed to be on duty. One day we hired bikes for 8 euros each and cycled along to Costa los Pinos via Calla Millor and then came back via the nature reserve where there is a castle and a cafe. Dont attempt that on city bikes though as it is sandy and gravelly in places. If you want a busier nightlife you can pop along to Calla Millor by bus or cab. Sa Coma has less bars and restaurants than Calla Millor. There are some interesting natural features on the coast such as a blowhole, great to watch on a wild day! We hired a car and reached Alcudia within an hour, the old town is now a market and there is an amazing Roman ampitheatre. Would definitely go back to this hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank AllisonBrett
Write a ReviewReviews (1,563)

Reviewed 1 November 2013

We have just returned from the Palmeras Playa in Sa Coma. We left yesterday (31st October). This was a perfect week's holiday. The hotel is great. Brilliant location (just a few minutes walk from the gorgeous sandy beach, land train stop right outside, shops all nearby, and bus stops two minutes walk away)

We had a great selection of food for each meal. We are a family of four and each of us found plenty we liked.

The pool area and rooms are lovely and clean, the shower is possibly the best we had.

The outstanding part was the staff. Everyone that we met were lovely and very helpful, especially David and Clare on the reception.

As we were there for the last few days of the season everything in Sa Coma was beginning to shut down for the winter months, but I could easily see that it would be very busy in the summer as its so nice.

We would recommend getting the local bus to Arta on market day (Tuesday). This is a very good market, and a lovely town. Its well worth the short walk up to the church for the beautiful views.

Room Tip: We were in room 1603 which gets the afternoon sun, and beautiful views towards the mountains.
3  Thank STFCgirlie
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I would highly recommend this hotel to all families with young children or teenaged children. I'd recommend this hotel to couples both elderly and newly married, single parents and also friendship groups, large groups, small groups, small families, big families and close relations - the beauty of this hotel is the strong appeal to all types of people - I made close friends with males, females, adults over 30, over 50 and even socialised with children under the age of 15 or 10. This is one of the factors about this hotel that appeals to me - the variety, the mix and the people.

I arrived at the hotel on a Friday after a fantastic flight with Thomson. As I looked up from a deep sleep on the coach transfer I was shocked to see the aesthetic hotel that is Protur Palmeras Playa. I had seen images of the hotel on the internet but the look of the hotel from the entrance is very pleasing. The hotel's clean and fresh appearance, white painted exterior and granite flooring was much appreciated in the area of Sa Coma as some of the other hotels simply looked rundown, as if they needed a paint! This is obviously because the hotel was 'done up' in 2011.

The buildings interior is also very pleasant - to the left of the first floor is a gym - the gym is very average however, a point in which I would like to share - although, for a hotel gym it does the job with a treadmill, bikes and weights.
The rooms are also very nice. The television has many channels, both German and British including itv and bbc.

I would rate the restaurant food with a high 8 out of 10. The choice of food does repeat itself and by the end of the holiday I was fed up with chips! However, the chef is very good and I was pleased with the quality of the food and the food that was offered each night. British food is offered as well as some Spanish food such as Paela.

As I have already said, I mostly enjoyed the people, the relaxation aspect of this holiday and the staff at this hotel. All staff members were very pleasant with myself, my family and all of the other families at the hotel. The bar staff were very funny, chatty and made the bar area an even better place to be - in particular I thought that a man called 'Paco' was the most entertaining and had the best customer service of all barmen.
Because of the time of year (October) there was only one entertainer. Arron was very entertaining and regularly entertained the group at the hotel by organising ping pong tournaments for example. He organised the bingo and I believe he is also involved in the Kids Club at the hotel - a part of the hotel I did not visit. Overall, all staff at the hotel are pleasant.

Another aspect of the hotel that I enjoyed was All Inclusive - whenever I needed a coffee, a coke, a fanta, a beer or even a milkshake, it was available at the pool bar and the main bar. This is the same for most local spirits and the lager was Estrella.

The weather in October was surprisingly positive for the time of year. Although, we did have a storm on the fifth night.

The only negative comments that I have to make is that the hotel was very quiet, the hotel does not have Sky so if you want to watch football you have to go to a nearby pub - I would recommend Kenna's bar, a five minute walk from the hotel.
The end of October is the end of Majorca. I would not visit the hotel or Majorca at this time again as it is very empty and there was only 40 of us left on the last day. Also, shops are closing early, bars are running out of beer and there was overall a sense that we were unwanted by some of the Spanish.
The Wifi in the hotel is also very poor. It works, but I would like to see the hotel with stronger Wifi connection.

Overall the staff are very pleasant (bar staff, entertainment staff, maids, waiters and management), the area is lovely, the beach is very nice and the people that visit this hotel are varied, but very pleasant. The shops are nice, the food is nice and the you'll be entertained all week (especially if you stay in the summer)
However, I would not advise staying in Majorca at the end of October. I would prefer to visit this hotel in the summer months of July and August. The hotel was very quiet and the atmosphere was affected because of this.

Very nice hotel, thanks

Connor Maloney - 18

Room Tip: All rooms over look the pool, floors between 3-5 are the best in my opinion.
3  Thank Connor M
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Highly recommend this hotel, great food, great staff, very clean. No compaints whats so ever, ready to book for next year. 2 mins to beach and shops, Bliss!! rooms were lovely and cleaned daily, even had sirloin steak for tea 1 night.

2  Thank fifi030
Reviewed 28 October 2013

just returned after a brilliant 10 night stay . The hotel is lovely and the staff are all very friendly.When we arrived a bottle of champagne was in our room swans made from towels and petals were on our bed. you can not fault the rooms they are huge and very clean. The pool area is very well maintained with plenty of sunbeds. You do have to chase the sun round the pool because of the design of the building this wasnt a problem for us but could be in high season. The beach is a two minute walk from hotel.We bought lilos and borrowed umberella from reception as beds and brolly to hire on beach are 15 euros. The food at hotel is excellant with a very good selection and cooked to a high standard. The puddings are amazing thats why we both came home 6 pounds heavier ! I would definetly recommend this hotel we had a fantastic holiday thank you to all the staff who are doing a brilliant job.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 1603 in block A this gets the sun in the afternoon
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank sharon s
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Just come back from a week there. Really lovely hotel, staff couldn't do enough to help. Very stylish, food great. Rooms a great size. Just one thing please you need better coffee! Would go back again think in full season there would be too much noise but was lovely when we were there. Easy to get to everything.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Shirley D
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Had another lovely holiday hotel great, food fantastic,we meet some really nice people staff lovely as always as soon as you walk through the door,can't wait to go back,we could see why this is the no1 hotel

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 50 in Port d'Alcudia
Viva Blue & Spa
Viva Blue & Spa
#1 of 30 in Playa de Muro

Been to Protur Palmeras Playa Hotel? Share your experiences!