We came to this hotel last year with our two children and enjoyed it so much we came back this year with Mam and Dad, eldest son his girlfriend and our one year old Grandson.
The staff, especially the reception staff and the Animation Team were fantastic and could not do enough for us. A special thank you to Claire for all her help and also to Esther who looked after our six year old son in the kids club all week and he fell in love with her.
We had a lovely room overlooking the pool, which was a really good size with a fridge and tea and coffee making facilities. This is also handy for if you have little ones and wish to go back to your room to watch the entertainment. Speaking of which, the entertainment was really not that bad, George Pena was Hilarious and had most of the people we spoke to were in tears with laughter. As ever the Animation team were always on hand at the end of the evening to finish the night with the complimentary "holiday dance" (Shakiras world cup song this year) Lukas's energy was outstanding and from 10am to midnight he was always on hand, getting people involved in the activities, not being overly pushy but enthusiastic.
The food this year I felt was not as good as last year, that said it was still of a good standard but the meat I sampled was quite poor quality. The Chinese stir fry chef needs to learn how to smile. I tried a number of times to interact with him but to no avail. He also used the same utensils for meat and for vegetarian food which was something the other chefs did not do. He always looked put out when I asked for a veggie stir fry.
Ok now the real downside to our holiday. Sunbed reservation. The pool area is quite small and space is at a premium when the hotel is full. The hotel has a policy of no sunbed reservation before 9AM. This is stated in the literature you receive and you are told at the welcome meeting (Even if you did not book through First choice, the rep does his meeting in the stage area with a microphone so it can be quite clearly heard) However, my husband gets up early and there was sunbeds being reserved from as early as 5-30AM but more often than not there was over 40 beds reserved at 7AM. As we are quite principled we would not reserve sunbeds before the allotted time but did speak to the hotel about it, who said they were going to speak with the manager but ultimately there was not much they could do about it. The following morning there was still a large number of beds reserved so my husband took it upon himself to remove all the towels and put them in a pile by the lifeguard station. This obviously caused some dis-consternation amongst the reservers but the following day at 7AM there were NO sunbeds reserved so obviously had some effect. Most of the guests we spoke to about this, who had been having trouble getting a sunbed were over the moon at my husbands actions. If the staff at the hotel did this every day and removed towels legitimately just before 9am then the problem would soon stop. The alternative being don't unlock the doors to the pool area until just before 9. When we were checking out my husband spoke to the First Choice rep ( We didn't book with them by the way) and he asked if he knew who had moved the towels the previous day and my hubby admitted it was him quite openly and he was given a warning (LOL). Given the service I had seen him provide during the week we were glad we hadn't given First Choice the extra thousand pounds it would have cost if we hadn't booked direct with the hotel. (My daughter hurt her ankle and his first question wasn't... Are you OK? It was... Do you want to fill out an accident form?)
All in all.. Did we have a great holiday?.... Absolutely. Would we go back... Yes ( As long as my husbands warning has expired lol)
Thanks to everyone who did make it a great week and a bit. and just as a footnote, you are treated like family, Dominique came out with us as we left to give us a hug and wave us off. Thanks guys.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Protur Palmeras Playa Hotel with 4 stars is one of our hotels in Majorca. Located in Sa Coma, it is located 100 meters from the Sa Coma beach and 500 meters from the small fishing port of s'Illot.Our hotel in Sa Coma has twin rooms and is perfect for families with children wishing to spend their holiday in Majorca.The outdoor pool is surrounded by gardens and terraces where you can enjoy the Majorcan sun.A full entertainment programme with evening shows and activities complete the leisure on offer at the Protur Palmeras Playa Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK) and HotelQuickly so you can book your Protur Palmeras Playa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Protur Palmeras Playa Hotel Sa Coma
- Protur Palmeras Playa Sa Coma, Majorca