“Excellent”

Protur Palmeras Playa Hotel
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Sa Coma
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I don't usually do this sort of thing but I felt I had to add a review following our fantastic holiday. This hotel exceeded all of our expectations. We stayed in 2 rooms - one for my wife and I and the other for our 3 teenage sons in the next room. The rooms were very spacious with a lounge area and a separate bedroom area. The bathrooms were of a high standard with a walk in shower and were well stocked with towels etc. Both rooms were very clean.
The main restaurant was also very clean and the food on offer was of an exceptional standard, with a great choice to suit all preferences (including 3 fussy teenagers!). It was obvious that the staff involved in the food preparation were of the highest standard and they must be commended for their hard work.
All staff were extremely pleasant and professional, right from the ladies on reception, to the bar / restaurant staff to the cleaners. It felt that they were all keen to make sure your stay was enjoyable.
The night time entertainment is not usually my thing but it was ok and seemed to keep most people entertained.
The only one (minor) downside was the sunbed wars. You do have to be up early to claim the best spots, but that is just down to human nature and is no reflection on the hotel. Even so, there were still enough sunbeds to go around and eventually the sun moves over and you gain the benefit in the afternoon.
All in all, I can say that this is probably the best hotel I have ever stayed in abroad. The quality of the service, food, staff etc. etc. was exceptional. We will certainly be going back there again :)

Room Tip: A Block catches the evening sun (we were on the top floor), but all rooms looked to be of the same s...
4  Thank Steve W
Write a ReviewReviews (1,563)

Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed here early july, this is best hotel ive ever stayed in so clean, fab food/service great location. Although this is a big hotel I did worry about noise and lack of sunbeds around the pool, I needn't of worried no probs getting 4 beds at any time of day and the pool area was very quiet and relaxing most guests did have small children with them but they were kept busy with the entertainment through out the day. We would definitely return, we had a 19 and 17 yr old with us and they were quite happy with the all inclusive food and drinks and evening entertainment. This hotel caters for all ages too. The sun shines on one side of the pool am and pm the other so choose your spot carefully. Saying that we went to the beach a few times well worth a visit its beautiful. No need to be up crack if dawn for beds at the pool as previously stated in other reviews there are enough for 2 each !! Book it ! Promise you wont be disappointed. One more thing we stayed top floor block b right in left hand corner and from what we could see all rooms are perfectly positioned there's non better than an other.

• Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank rachel b
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed in May and it was great from the minute you walk into reception the staff are helpful and polite. The room are quite big and the bath rooms are great with the walk in Shower. The beds are a bit hard but just ask for a TOPPER in reception my wife had three on the bed and was able to sleep :). The main restaurant has a great selection of salads and hot food and deserts with different team every day, Breakfast has English sausages ,bacon as well as normal continental stuff. Lunch always two or three meats ,veg and a local item Pealla etc. Dinner has the same with a cook to order station which has some really good stuff. The Italian restaurant (the pool bar at night) also has some really taste dishes. One of the best thing i think is the self service beer and wine taps in the restaurant means you are not waiting for ages for a drink, the white wine was nice (didn't try the others) the beer is Cruz campo so nice :), The night tine entertainment was hit and miss the Edel singer not that good :(. so all in all a good hotel, The one thing i would say is we stayed early season and as the week when on and the hotel filled it was harder to get a sun bed (towels out from before 8 am) so in high season it could be very hard to get one.
Also the free wifi was a bit hit and miss but you could get on which was great to have if you book hear you should have a great time so relax and enjoy. Sa Coma is very quite with very little in the area but a trip in Cala Milor is good €6 euro in a taxi.

Room Tip: All room have a pool if you want sun in the evening get block c
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Foxy1766
Reviewed 24 July 2014

What can I say that hasn't already been said, the rooms are big and all overlook the swimming pool. The food is excellent, we have always been to a three star hotel in Alcudia but decided on a change. So glad we did, this four star hotel has fantastic food. The beach is 2mins walk away and is just as good as Alcudia.(although smaller) When we arrived the Reception staff were so nice and helpful. All the staff were friendly and I can only say if you have booked I'm jealous I wanted to stay there !!!

5  Thank Tina H
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Just returned from our 4th holiday at this lovely hotel, its so friendly, the staff are the best we,ve ever had in any hotel abroad, from the minute we arrived they remembered us on reception , mind you we are hard to forget lol , The lovely Claire and Dominique made sure we had the same rooms as b4 , thank you very much ;-) The pool bar is great for getting nice cold drinks to cool u down , bar staff are brilliant , Paco, kiki, jose, franchesco,alex, and ev1 , u all do a wonderful job , had such a gd laugh with u all , not forgettin the lovely lifeguard who fell in love with my dad , always give him a heart sign and said I love you hahaaa .The food was to die for again , lovely stir fries made to order, beautiful desserts , if you cuddnt find nuffin you liked there must be summit wrong with you !! Only one little gripe we had this year , we didn't think the entertainment team was as gd as last year , when uve had Arron, Imke and Perle it must be very hard to get any better, we missed them loads and thought this year they tried to hurry up and get the mini disco out of the way, the entertainment girls seemed more interested in a group of lads than dancing with the children !!! Just read the review below about chelo in the bar , don't agree at all , she was the loveliest lady , reali gd with my 2 granddaughters , always giving them high fives and making sure they had the right coloured feather in their cocktails and as for the restaurant staff , there amazing , Thomas remembered our son who came with us last year , asked about his uni , was so lovely that he remembered , thank you Thomas , your a credit to the hotel, and what can I say about the lovely Javi , always happy , so gd with my granddaughters and very lovely to look at hahaa . Thank you to Mark and Miguel , you have a wonderful hotel and amazing staff , looking forward to booking up again next year , would recommend this hotel to anyone , its fantastic ;-)

Room Tip: We always stay in the rooms overlooking the childrens pool , get the sun first thing in the morning...
3  Thank caroline t
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

I would really recommend this hotel. Excellent location, beside beach and prom. Twin rooms are nice with sliding doors, seperating bedroom. Food is very good. Kids pool is ideal. Adult entertainment ok, but needs improvement. The kids animation team are excellent with the children, however they are understaffed, only 3 staff members. Lucas is excellent getting all involved in activities. I also found receptionist claire mills, very professional and very helpful. I must say all staff members of the hotel were very friendly except for one. I wasnt going to mention it but i feel i must. I found one female bar staff member, chelo, to be very hostile and ignorant towards customers, well to me anyway. On occasions she waits tables in the restraurant. I would recommend that she be detailed for restraurant duty only and kept well away from the bar. She is the only female staff member behind the bar, the rest of the bar staff are very friendly and good craic, they clearly enjoy working there. As employed previously as a barman myself, i know the importance of interacting with customers and being friendly. Although i was all inclusive, i didnt want to go to the bar and found myself asking my wife to go and order the drinks..... overall this is an excellent hotel and i would really recommend it.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank irishsteve73
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Our group of six, three adults and three teens stayed in this hotel for the last week in June. The rooms were in Block A, airy,spacious and decorated nicely.Beds were firm but fine,even sofa bed was ok. Bathroom lovely with great shower. Everywhere cleaned to a high standard. Staff were terrific, friendly,professional and hardworking.
Food varied, something 4 everyone; stir-fry station super and very popular with our group.
Entertainment average. Bar staff lovely though white wine could be improved.
Location beside beach and near plenty of shops and bars.
Ping pong and pool available too.
Overall,a good hotel great for families. Really enjoyed our holiday.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
#1 of 50 in Port d'Alcudia
Viva Blue & Spa
Viva Blue & Spa
#1 of 30 in Playa de Muro

Been to Protur Palmeras Playa Hotel? Share your experiences!