“Ignore Bad Reviews - Great Hotel for Families”

Playa Dorada Aparthotel
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Sa Coma
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We stayed here for 10 nights all inclusive from 9th June till 19th June. Found the hotel really great value for money. The rooms were fab, spacious clean with fridge & lovely cool aircon included. The views from room on 5th floor amazing. (If your going for a pre birthday celebration I suggest you book the QE2 )We are well travelled & I have lived & worked abroad & have high standards. The food was great but if you are not adventurous & want fish fingers burgers pizza u might struggle. The food is of a high standard & we always found something nice. The desserts were amazing. The reception staff were great, my mum had a problem with her room & was moved next day with no problem. The self serve drinks were fantastic & bar staff all great especially the guys. As per previous reviewer we also follow the Germans with regards hotels as find they have high standards. The pool was lovely & really warm. The entertainment was fine no worse than have seen in other hotels. The location of hotel was fabulous right in the centre straight onto front of the resort. sa coma is small resort but great atmosphere in bars/ restaurants on an evening. Great hotel will be back.

Room Tip: 5th floor rooms brilliant views!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
14  Thank Jo H

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Good Hotel with really freiendly staff, and if you have children there is a lot to do there as well.
food could be improved, but not bad.
would go back again as kids liked and we all enjoyed it too.animation team was doing their best to keep everyone happy. They could do more regular swimming pool cleaing as did not look clean enough during our stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank hannah i
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for my wedding aniversiary and birthday for 5 days can't fault the hotel for a 3 star loads of sunbeds great service at bar if needed as it was help yourself to beer wine soft drinks lovely lobby had pool to myself most of the time mainly german and Danish there no probs every one friendly really relaxing. promenade on front. beach in front of hotel rocky sandy one further down animation lads are great mataio the Italian stallion excellent dancer and the other one is kids entertainer both friendly the food is the only thing let's this hotel down not much choice and cold if u eat later suitable for couples and family's with young children nothing for teenagers at night we will return with our grand daughter

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Northners
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Second visit for a short break but food seems to have gone down but nice to see that some of the same staff even after a 4 year gap still work here,I,d come here maybe again if at the right price but only for a short break 3-4 nights . The entertainment team seem more concerned about keeping the Russians and Germans happy but suppose the make up the majority staying here.
Position good and rooms nice size
Free wifi but you need to really sit in the reception area to get a good signal
For what we.ve paid it's been an ok break

Room Tip: Think all rooms have a sea view at no extra cost which certainly makes a change so no need to reques...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jayne S
Reviewed 12 June 2014

On arrival we were very happy with the hotel, the hotel itself is very modern & clean. Our room was amazing, easily the largest 1 bed apartment we have stayed in & the view was absolutely beautiful, I came away with many positives- Andreus (entertainment) worked very hard & got my kids to play quite a lot of games so this gave us a good chance to relax. The entertainment was no worse than entertainment I have seen in a number if Spanish hotels so no problems there. I slept well every night which is unlike me on holiday so it must have been quiet at night The resort is also very pretty. My main issue was with the food- there's only 1 restaurant & no poolside snack area, the food served was often lukewarm, repetitive & sometimes not cooked enough. After a few days we began to eat at least one meal a day out of the hotel as it just wasn't feasible to stomach it 3 times in a day (all the kids would eat was chips and bread rolls) I think they were trying to cater for many different nationalities but that doesn't excuse undercooked, lukewarm food- we spent all our money on eating out & had to take out more. Not what we were planning on an all-inclusive holiday. Unfortunately we wouldn't return unless the food improved or it became self-catering- the experience has put us off going all inclusive ever again. Such a shame as the hotel cleanliness, staff, drinks, location, room were fantastic but the standard of the food really does let it down.

Room Tip: All rooms have a sea view, however if you ask for a room nearer the sea you will avoid being above t...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank theells
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Still at the hotel we leave tomorrow, this is my first holiday abroad experience but it's been amazing, can't rate it any higher! The staff are very friendly and the entertainers matio and Andrew are lovely and really friendly, they cater for a wide range of personnel, the rooms are spacious and airy, and the views are just amazing, the beach is on the rear entrance and very accessible, with a supermarket just outside the front door.. Overall I would most definitely return again.. Thanks to all at playa dorada for a brilliant experiance

• Stayed: June 2014
5  Thank laura201406
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Booked this with Travel Republic as a pre-Birthday celebration and myself and my partner were really looking forward to it and the reviews seem pretty good. I can only assume that those writing the rave reviews have very low standards.

Arrived at the Hotel and was allocated a 6th floor apartment, unbeknown to me, my partner had requested a high floor. As I have a fear of heights I went back down to reception and explained the situation and he stated they had spare rooms on the 2nd and 3rd floors but we need to come back when the Manager arrived. (Couldn't quite understand why he would need to speak to the Manager, but like most of the Staff on reception nothing was simple and everything would prove to be a battle!) I returned later in the day and spoke to a male who apparently was the Manager and told me to return in an hour and the room would be ready. I returned after an hour to find out I had been assigned probably the worst room in the Hotel on the 1st floor that basically overlooked the glass roofed lounge and also allowed others access to your balcony with no privacy. Not happy with this I went back down to reception and was given another room by the Polish lady on reception who was about the only helpful member of Staff on reception. This room however would prove to really bad as it was directly above the bar meaning that we had very little sleep due to the noise.

The food at this Hotel was the worst I have ever experienced at any place I have ever stayed at and was clearly based on German/Scandinavian pallets with little consideration for anyone else. The food was repetitive, under-cooked and of a very very poor quality. I'm sure they think all us British only ever eats chips! The Fish also looked like it had been caught in radio-active waters. Even the so called "real fruit juices" from the machine were badly watered down and of a poor quality. My partner is a vegetarian and when I complained about there being virtually nothing for vegetarians I was told by the Reception Staff "We have never had vegetarians stay at the Hotel before!!!" This is the mentality you are up against at this Hotel!!! A lot of the food that was layed out was not even marked up, the salad bar had different meats tossed in but with no markings to say what meat it actually was?! Most days we actually had to go out and get snacks due to the food being so poor that we ate very little. Some of the food I'm sure was just regurgitated into something else later that day or night or the following day. I complained to the reception Staff several times about the quality of the food, the lack of choice and no clear markings on all of the food to say what they were and these complaints were met with a smirk, shrug of the shoulders and was told "well no-one else has complained" One particular day I asked for their Head Office address which they refused to give and the woman on reception started laughing. This just sums up their attitude to paying Customers, once they have had your money at this Hotel they don't seem to care how poor the food is they serve up!

Cleaning

Apparently according to the literature you are given on arrival they are supposed to clean the rooms five times a week. We were there for four days and it was only after I complained did they actually clean the room.

Entertainment

In the four days we were there, there was a singer of very poor quality on one night and the other nights they had games and a birdman come round in the Hotel foyer where bizarrely enough is where they had the entertainment. Most of the nights the entertainment would come from the Hotel next door who would be blasting music from 10am in the morning usually upto midnight!

Pool

Very cold indeed but no problems getting a sun lounger although considering the number of rooms at the Hotel the pool was very small which I believe would cause problems in high season.

Overall I would not stay at this Hotel again as it does not represent value for money and the food is very poor. The Management are also very poor at this Hotel. Even the restaurant Staff seem embarrassed by the food that is being served out and it certainly appears that the people that cook (or in most cases under-cook!) do not seem to care that the food they are serving you is of a very very poor standard. I was told by the Manager on reception "what do you expect for a three Staff Hotel?!" Well actually I expect the food to be cooked, to be of a reasonable quality and not to be the rubbish they served up day in day out! This seems to be a common theme whenever I visit Spanish Hotels over the last few years!

Room Tip: Avoid low floors above the bar!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple