Protur Biomar Gran Hotel & Spa
Hipotels Marfil Playa(Sa Coma)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$126
Hipotels Mediterraneo(Sa Coma)(Great Value!)
US$180
US$167
Hipotels Mediterraneo Club(Sa Coma)(Great Value!)
US$198
US$177
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Seasun Siurell(Sa Coma)(Great Value!)
US$117
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
1,017 results
All reviewspiano barjunior suiteadult poolfamily poolterrace grillswim up barswim up suiteal frescohalf boardbreakfast and dinnercomfortable sunbedsthursday eveningfive star hotelnature reserveseparate poolsitting roomwelcome drink
Reviewed 25 August 2013

This is a five star hotel with excellent facilties and very friendly staff. Plenty of sun beds and they keep the kids in a seperate pool/bar area which is great for all. Food is superb. Staff bend over backwards to help you. Mainly German guests but not the sort that reserve the sunbeds at 6am ! Sa Coma town itself is truly awful. Crowded beach, English cheap bars servicng breakfast and beer for a fiver.

Room Tip: Choose a room with either sun in the morning or evening
1  Thank bristolonhols
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Alison from Cheshire, has already said what I would have written myself. Fabulous holiday from start to finish, I didn't want to leave. From the moment we arrived, and were greeted by one of the hotel porters, who was absolutely lovely, explaining where all the bars, restaurants, spa etc. were, while showing us to our room, to the last evening in the piano bar the staff just couldn't have been more polite or helpful. Such a refreshing change, and I would like to say thank you very much to all the staff there.
We also stayed in a Junior suite, which was lovely. Loved the little lounge area, the bathroom was amazing, and having a feather allergy thought the pillow menu a bonus.
I had never given any thought to the idea of an adults only pool, but now having grown up children myself, loved the tranquillity that this created. I also enjoyed the Chill out area in the evenings, nice for peaceful after dinner drink.
Sa Coma itself isn't that interesting, we didn't mind thouBygh as we never felt the need to leave our hotel, as nothing else in the area compared to it.
I think the good looking Jason Stathom lookalike name is Jan!, both he and Sergio were wonderful.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I booked this holiday last minute, only a week before we departed, so was quite nervous about what we would find. I have never been more pleasantly surprised!! This is a fantastic hotel, well deserved of it's 5*. My two teenage sons and I stayed in a Junior Suite, which was the perfect answer for a single parent staying with teenagers. The main bedroom was large and the bed very comfortable with a 'pillow menu' so you have the best night sleep. There was a seperate, good sized lounge area with a sofa bed, where my son's slept which was seperated by a sliding door, so they could watch TV till late and not disturb me, Perfect!! The rooms were modern and contempory in style, with a TV in each room, kettle with tea and coffee making facilities, mini bar and hairdryer. The bathroom was huge with a seperate WC, bath and large walk-in shower and two sinks. There was a large balcony with table and chairs to the main bedroom and a second balcony to the lounge area. We stayed half board and the food was excellent. The buffet breakfast catered for all tastes and hot food was cooked fresh and to order. The evening buffet was extensive and there was a grill chef to cook a variety of meats and fish to order each evening. I'm not easily impressed, but the food was supurb. There were four a la carte restaurants so plenty of choice if you want a change from the buffet. The hotel pools were lovely, especially the Adult pool, as it was peaceful and relaxing with a swim-up bar for a lovely cocktail if you want to cool down after sunbathing on the very comfortable sunbeds in the individual cabanas. The most impressive thing about this hotel however,is the staff. The manager was on duty at breakfast and dinner to meet, greet and attend to all the needs of the guests, he was keen to ensure we always found everything we needed and were perfectly happy. He went out of his way to ensure we had a perfect stay. ,The barman (sorry I forgot your name, but was good looking like Jason Stathom) in the lounge bar offered great, attentive service as did the barman at the swim-up bar. So, thank you to all the staff for making this a wonderful, relaxing and most enjoyable holiday. I would love to go back again soon!!!!!

Room Tip: The Junior Suites are lovely, we overlooked the pool which was a nice view, but ask for a room away from the road, which can be a little noisy.
1  Thank Alison S
Reviewed 20 August 2013

We stayed at the Biomar from 11th Aug until 19th Aug and found it to be as good as all of the reviews here. Likewise most of the comments about the resort are unfortunately also true. We travelled with our two young children and found the Junior Suite at the hotel to be the perfect solution to staying in a hotel room with your kids, a sliding door dividing the living area with sofa bed from the bedroom – a simple idea that should be adopted in more hotels.

The Spa seems very nice although I only used the Hydropool area. It was nice but all of the jets were same temp as the pool - so not really like a Jacuzzi. Similarly in the Adult pool area of the main hotel there is a Jacuzzi area but it is linked with the swimming pool and only has water jets to bubble the water and it not heated different to the pool - so not really like a proper jacuzzi as such. You will find it difficult to find much at all wrong with the hotel, the rooms are great, cleanliness is 5 star and the buffet for breakfast and meals are amazing!

The resort was very much made up of shops with general non offensive, but tasteless, tat for sale and some useful bits and bobs such as pool toys for the kids etc… There is a pharmacy, supermarket etc… The bars and restaurants are almost exclusively trying to cater for the British market but this just makes it very much Blackpool with sun – which was not something we liked. Having said that, the restaurants and bars were all clean and well presented, but nothing remarkable.
Food options were not that great outside of the hotel, whatever you order it is always “with chips” which gets difficult trying to get your kids not to eat only chips. We chose to eat in the hotel for three of the nights where the choice was varied and delicious.
Cala Millor up the coast is a slightly nicer resort than Sa Coma and not much further away from the Biomar than Sa Coma itself. It has a greater selection of shops although again the restaurants are limited in authentic meal choices.
One not much talked about gem in reviews I read is Sa Coma beach. It is really very nice. The sand is white, the waters clear, shallow and warm, perfect for splashing about with small children. The Beach can get busy but no more so than any other beach in the Med.
To summarise the Hotel is excellent, beach is clean with nice clear water. Restaurants are lacking in choice and quality but generally edible if you like non healthy options. I would recommend eating in the Hotel for the majority of the break and go out only for evening drinks and a walk or to the beach.

1  Thank David_york77
Reviewed 17 August 2013

Stayed 4 nights here to chill after our Palma city break and had a very relaxing time. Excellent facilities with nice pools, good spa and big buffet with great food on offer. Good mix of nationalities and people staying and a good atmosphere. Clean and good staff. Would stay longer next time.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family