“Best holiday ever!”

Ranked #1 of 29 Hotels in Sa Coma
London, United Kingdom
“Best holiday ever!”
Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

The Biomar Gran has exceeded our expectations! We are Protur fans and have stayed in the Sa Coma Playa (4 times) often thinking it would be hard to top. From the moment we arrived everything was perfect, welcome drinks, relaxing atmosphere, friendly and informative staff. We contacted the hotel prior to arrival regarding a request for a ground or lower floor room, this was ready and waiting for us. The room was perfect with everything you could possibly think of (loved the iron & ironing board).
The food was totally outstanding, so much choice and beautifully presented - enjoyed the show cooking and particularly the 'alfresco evening' - a real treat!
The pool was brilliant, and the spa was excellent (direct dial from your room).
The cocktails were amazing and all of the staff were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble and everyone ensured that our holiday was relaxing and enjoyable.
So confident are we in Protur hotels we had already booked for next year 1 month before arriving this year!
Having worked in the hotel industry myself, I completely agree that this is definitely the model that all hotels should follow.
Already counting down the days until we return!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank AGENTORANGE40

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

What a fantastic place for a relaxing family holiday. Accommodation, pool areas, restaurant, bar all superb. We usually avoid half board, having previously been disappointed with hotel food over more than a few days, but the food here was excellent in terms of quality, variety and presentation, and despite the buffet format, none of the 'canteen' feel so often present in other hotels. Staff in all areas of the hotel were exceptional, evidently well trained, polite and helpful at all times, showing initiative without being OTT. We had a select suite with terrace area, this was perfect if you wanted somewhere private to relax day or evening, with loungers, table and a sofa area. There is no animation programme in the hotel - a big plus from my perspective - but you can participate in activities at neighbouring sister hotels if the calm and comfort here gets too much for you! We used the tennis courts and mini golf, and visited the spa which is lovely - all free of charge for hotel guests. The two separate pool areas are ideal, somewhere child-free for a quiet swim, and somewhere for the kids to have fun without parents having to worry about who they're disturbing. None of the usual sunbed nonsense - the hotel makes its policy clear, and reserved sunbeds are cleared by staff if clearly unused. We could sleep in, eat breakfast until 11, and still find sunbeds at the poolside, even in August, a boon having had previous holidays marred by this major irritation. Food and drinks in bar and terrace grill good value, and evening musical entertainment good quality and unobtrusive. Sa Coma itself is nothing to write home about, a small beach and a couple of strips of bars and restaurants. Mallorca is small though, so you can be in Palma, or up in the north around Puerto Pollenca in the space of about an hour in a hire car. That's all irrelevant though, as you won't want to leave this lovely hotel! We will be back (hopefully).

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank sshurmer
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Will keep this review short(ish) as have waxed lyrical in previous reviews about the Biomar, the food and the staff. Have also recommended to family and friends who have returned to stay. So, in summary I have stayed her as a solo traveller, with friends, and with friends and children. Each experience has been excellent, every stay a pleasure and a relaxing experience for all. The food is excellent, although do agree with previous reviewers that the evening buffet can get repetitive. However, the in house restaurants are excellent and the staff in reception have recommended some high quality eateries within easy travelling distance. Just ask at reception and they will book your table and transport. Seriously, nothing is too much trouble for the staff. Stay in on Thursday as the al fresco dining is not to be missed. Yes, the Terrace Grill menu could do with a makeover, but the prices are ok. I am assured by friends that the pizzas are excellent and these are also served poolside. The cushions and curtains at the pool have been renewed which was good as they looked tired last year. One change this year I am not sure I like is the provision of fresh pool towels. In previous years you just asked at reception and handed in wet towels there. Now you are asked to do it at the pool between 5-6pm. I can understand why this function would be removed from reception but when I went to get dry towels for the following day during the allotted time I was refused because I wasn't returning wet ones. The reason for this was we were still using them but needed dry towels for the next day. After some debate Iwas given towels. As I have said before the staff are excellent, service is second to none. This year they excelled themselves twice. Firstly, I needed a room for a friend who wanted to visit for a few days at very short notice, the hotel was full but a room was found. Secondly, and more importantly I lost a diamond from my ring. When I told the maid she thoroughly searched the room and found it. (I had missed it when I looked). That was great but a true example of the staff ethos was her refusal to accept any gratuity for finding it, saying that she was only doing her job. That for me encapsulates all that the Biomar stands for. It is all about the staff and their dedication to providing the best for guests. If you work in the service industry stay at the Biomar for first hand experience of how it should be done.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank kitchendiva g
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Myself and my partner returned this morning from a week at the Biomar and I don't know where to begin with the compliments. This hotel is amazing at every level, each and every staff member were absolutely fantastic, nothing at all was ever too much trouble, the customer service here and guest experience left us speechless at times, just incredible.
The hotel is spotless, the rooms are immaculate, the grounds are beautiful and both pools are prestine clean. We stayed in a junior suite, great size room, two balconys, ultra modern with a bathroom everyone will love.
The food!!... Just wow!! You name it you get it every night, freshly cooked and freshly replaced constantly throughout meal times.
If you are thinking or looking at the Biomar to stay then please book it, I am sure you will be left speechless as we were (in a good way!) overall...... Totally fantastic and huge compliments to the hotel manager and all of his staff.

• Stayed August 2014
4 Thank SamMclea
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

Wow. I am a fussy mare when it comes to holidays. I trip adviser EVERYTHING and feel compelled to write a review. Definate 5 star. Swim up pool bar for adults only is amazing. It does not get sun all day but from about 4pm it does. There are pool towels provided so no need to take. no music around adult pool. Totally chilled so take ipod if you need a tune to relax. The children/family pool literally a stones throw but without music I don't think I heard 1 child. amazing considering my husband and I left our 2 children at home for a 3 night break here.
Food is incredible. Choice unbelievable. In fact sometimes annoyed I got full as wanted the sushi being made in front of me or a steak or a cheese board or a pasta or lamb/pork... (you get my drift!) You name it, it was pretty much there.
Greeted when checked in with cava, got a free upgrade to a double deluxe room with a Jacuzzi bath (4 people could fit!) Spa and gym are lovely. Had 20 min massage by the pool €20. Cocktails whilst pricey in the pool bar did the job!
Rooms huge, did not have a view of pool but didn't care. Didn't spend much time in room.
Staff lovely. Everyone said OLA. management always around hotel. Piano bar had live music every night but down the road (right out of hotel and walk 5 mins) you come to the kings head. Total cheese until 3 am, bingo, karaoke, tribute bands. Not my usual cup of tea but had a real laugh in there. No 'magaluf' age group. All families and couples so nice atmosphere.
Clean, nice ambience, loved it.
Looking to go back.
Go there!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
7 Thank Clare D
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Spent one week at this hotel with husband and grandson from 7th August. Could not fault a thing everything was perfect. The staff are excellent nothing was to much trouble and they were always smiling. The manager was always visible and made it his business to get to know his guests and always had a few words with you, in fact I wondered if he actually went home!! The room, we had a junior suite was excellent, very spacious and we had requested a pool view and got what we asked for which was great. My Grandson had a great time playing in the pool with the other children and did not really want to do anything else. The piano bar was also run by excellent staff who were again very friendly and within one day of you going their the barman knew what your drink was and you did not have to ask for it again. All in all this was an excellent holiday, excellent hotel and excellent team and I would highly recommend it for a holiday.

Room Tip: We had room 143 which was on the 1st floor, had a pool view and had 2 balconies, one of which got th...