1,105 results
All reviews piano bar junior suite adult pool family pool terrace grill swim up bar swim up suite la toscana half board al fresco breakfast and dinner comfortable sunbeds thursday evening five star hotel nature reserve asian restaurant separate pool
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

Having stayed at the SA COMA Playa twice in recent years, treated ourselves (no kids) to Biomar for a week. It was just fantastic! Loved the adults only pool but as it wasn't holiday season, family pool fairly quiet. Great bands on some nights. Housekeeping work so, so hard and hotel is spotless. Only thing I would say is there should be more choice on evening meal as pretty much same style of food most nights. Didn't agree with having to pay extra to eat in other restaurants on site. Nice touch checking out early, early morning when reception provided a packed lunch for breakfast. Definitely be back and perfect time to go in Sept.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank TERESA5751
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

So, this review is from someone used to cities and boutique hotels. This holiday was the first ever family trip for us and our three year old son.

I was not looking forward to this holiday, it's out of my comfort zone, I don't like half board, swimming or resorts but having a son now, I had better get used to it.

The hotel was lovely, we had a junior suite with swim up room. Lots of space and the private pool was lovely, double gated for safety which was excellent.

Mini club was again excellent, superbly located with one way in and out so you could watch.

The hotel grounds, cleanliness, room cleanliness etc were superb, staff great and manager always visible, saying hello and constantly around greeting you at breakfast, lunch and dinner every day.

Every day ended with a mini disco and our sone loved it.

Ideas to improve

Whilst the buffet was great I do like local food, I would like to have seen a Spanish option. They have a Spanish restaurant but that was European food in taps form. Please don't take this as a criticism, everything was on offer, steak, fish, on and on massive choice.

Pools were cold, that may be the time of year we went.

Trousers for dinner. A bit formal for my taste as I wear a suit every day and like to wear shorts on holiday. That's just me though.

A final idea is that in the evening kids disco was immediately followed by the entertainment. Children were still playing and one or two guests moaned this does not bother me I love my son playing but did cause conflict between parents like me and others. The hotel is big enough just change it a little.

All in all my sone loved it and for is I am not sure as a family holiday it gets better.

Hope this helps.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
11  Thank oodebooa
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Just come back after 7 nights at this hotel and definitely 5 star. From first arriving the hotel was superb. We had a suite - perfect. Food fabulous. Hotel staff excellent.
Cannot fault this hotel everything as first class

Room Tip: We had a quite room overlooking a one way road - but no noise. Hotel only 5 - 10 mins from resort centre
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2017

I'm going to be fair in my review. I know the hotel will be disappointed by an 'Average' rating however overall that is my opinion. It all really depends on what you are looking for and have experience of.

Firstly, the staff. This is a very mixed story. The reception staff have a bit of an attitude and give the impression they think they are better than the guests. I spoke to three of them during my stay and found the same with them all. The opposite however can be said for the waiters and waitresses in the dining room. They are clearly over worked in the chaos of the restaurant but were always attentive and friendly.

The food. The food at the Biomar is excellent. The range and quality are quite astounding and even 10 minutes before closing the staff are refilling desserts. The restaurant is however as I said chaotic at times due to people being able to dine when ever they like. Men are also asked to wear log trousers which really is daft nowadays, especially when ladies are allowed to wear shorts/ mini skirts or other attire more inappropriate than men in shorts. Perhaps the rule could be change to smart shorts? It is after all mid 30 degrees c. often even at night. I also food it strange that you were only given one night at the speciality restaurants irrespective if staying one week or two. Surely one visit a week would be permisable? I did ask but was told no, it is one visit per stay. This seems very tight to me.

The rooms. The rooms are mainly suites. The are comfortable, although we did find the rooms we had a little damp. There were no marks or anything, it was just some of our clothes did feel damp as did the dressing gowns. I think our rooms was north facing and so this may have had something to do with it? Like some other reviewers, the maids did not always replenish the tea/ coffee and sugar. Unlike most hotels there are no spare pillows in the room. I guess these are available on request. Other than these issues, the rooms are of a good standard and well maintained. It is a 5 star hotel though and you should be able to expect this.

The pools. We only went to the adult pool. As others have said unfortunately, many guests get up a the crack of dawn to lay towels down. Many all day with no one on them. Several times we had to move a sun bed around to get two together and twice we had to go to the family pool which was pretty loud and chaotic which if you have a family you probably should expect. The adult pool is very shallow which is a shame. The hammocks however were a nice touch.

The Spa and Gym. The Spa was lovely and a great bonus that you could use the indoor pool, sauna and steam room there once per day for free. The Gym however had no air con and so it was pretty impossible to have a decent cardio workout which was a shame.

The entertainment. In my view this was dire! I know a lot of people like listening to singers belting out Boney M, Abba and Village People night after night but I expect more from a 5 star hotel. I heard these types of tunes every night even if different acts were on. It is 2017, not 1977. Funnily enough we had a night with some friends staying at the 4 star sister hotel in Calla Bona and that night they had three excellent South African singers, I never saw them at our hotel sadly.

The resort. Nothing the hotel can do about this but it's a purpose built and rather unattractive resort with very little beauty, very average restaurants and loud bars. The beach promenade starts to close about 9pm. This really is a family resort and a bit like Blackpool but with the advantage of the sun, fine if that's what you are looking for and I expect if you have young kids or are away with a group of friends, it is good fun but it wasn't for us. Majorca is such a beautiful island but sadly Sa Coma in my view is not. We walked along to S'Illot each night to get some charm and also went over to Calla Bona which is very pretty and more up market.

So overall, we definitely wouldn't return although for families or people who like to just laze round the pool, I can see why they would.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank craigpatt
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Staff excellent, (Thank you Lucy and Taffy) room excellent, food un-believable, fellow guests all happy, hotel design the best we've stayed in.
Without making this a monologue this hotel is pretty well perfect and has a very hands on and approachable manager.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple