Read's hotel is privately owned and managed by the Read family, Mr & Mrs Read, Marcus and Simone , who are always available to ensure the smooth running of the hotel.
Relais and Chateaux membership gives the high standards that we expect and the Michelin Star, held by Felix Eschrick, the Head Chef, ensures a sublime dining experience.
The hotel is a thirteenth century Mallorquin manor house which Mr Read has lovingly converted and filled with an eclectic collection of antiques. There are various categories of rooms and suites both in the main house and the converted outbuildings. Should you wish to celebrate a special occasion, the Sultan's suite would be an excellent choice for a long weekend.
The situation of the hotel was perfect for us as it was our intention to explore the Island. The hotel sits peacefully in the middle of its own land and vineyards just outside the town of Santa Maria del Cami which has excellent rail and road links, south to Palma and north west to Pollenca. We hired a car which was delivered to the hotel and we covered 1100 kms exploring all points N,S.E&W. There is very easy access to Soller through the tunnel and to Palma on the Ma13.
Our fellow guests were an international clientele, some, like us staying for fourteen nights, others for seven and some for short breaks of three or four nights, a very tempting option when in need of some serious R & R.
At this time of year evening meals, both a la carte and the bistro menus are taken in the Bacchus restaurant, whilst at lunchtime the bistro menu is available outside under the canopies by the pool. We viewed Felix's spotless, gleaming kitchen where he created a special vegetarian option for me one evening. You can, should you so wish, enjoy his Chef's table in the kitchen, where he will prepare for you a ten course tasting menu.
We enjoyed excellent treatments from both Romy and Andy in the spa with its huge pool with massage jets and sauna, laconium ( our favourite) and ice rooms.
I shall miss opening the shutters in the morning to a vista of the rising sun, the ancient olive trees and the magnificence of the Tramuntana Mountains bathed in sunshine and shadow, an experience that will stay with me during our grey Winter days.
To summarise, in my opinion, Read's is a Country House Hotel, with a superb dining experience, excellent outdoor and indoor pools and spa with the most helpful and caring staff and an owner whose passion for his creation is evident in the overall ambiance of this very special place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Balance hotel, invites you to live a unique experience in this traditional manor house, with a history of more than 500 years, which has become an exclusive rural hotel oriented in the wellness and well-being of our guests. Set in a unique setting, with spectacular views of the Serra de Tramuntana and surrounded by 30,000 square meters of carefully designed gardens, we offer our guests a dreamlike landscape in the most tranquil space surrounded by real countryside, only 15 minutes from the center of Mallorca. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, getaroom.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick and Cancelon so you can book your Balance Hotel Reads Health & Wellness reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reads Hotel Santa Maria Del Cami
- Reads Hotel And Spa
- Reads Hotel Majorca
- Balance Hotel Reads Health & Wellness Majorca/Santa Maria Del Cami