“Gob Smacked !!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch
Prestwich, United Kingdom
“Gob Smacked !!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

A bit gob smacked at these reviews , ate here twice in the week we were in Valldemossa .
Had dinner one night and brunch another , although I though it wasn't in the realms of Cappuccino I didn't think it was that bad ! The service was good as was the food , I had meat balls they were more than acceptable , kids had pasta and burgers all more than good .
Staff spoke different languages and could communicate well enough .
Yes I would go back again and make your own minds up .

• Visited August 2014

Birmingham
“Avoid at all costs - the worst food on the island”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stopped off in Valldemossa on the way to the airport on the last day of our wonderful holiday during which we have enjoyed astounding food and great service every day and evening... Until now. This restaurant is the single worst establishment I have ever had the unfortunate experience to visit. A group of 4 of us, ordered 6 tapas dishes; Spanish omelette, patatas bravas, meatballs, squid rings, croquettes and Galician style octopus. The slab of Spanish omelette was solid, it was clearly not fresh and was inedible, served on a plate which was not even big enough for it. The patatas bravas covered in tomato ketchup; appeared to be bought from some cheap shop's freezer section were no doubt oven cooked from frozen; the least Spanish food I have ever eaten. The croquettes - I don't feel I can even comment as I am unsure what was even in them; it certainly was not chicken/ham/fish. The meatballs were not real meat, I could not eat more than a quarter of one. The tomato sauce they sat in was disgusting. The battered squid rings; well I've had better deep fried food on birmingham's broad street on a Friday night. I could taste the grease that it had been cooked in- I feel like I need to detox for a week. But none of this could even begin to compare to the octopus. Vile chewy inedible lumps of something. The establishment itself even agreed that it was inedible (so why then was it served?) We waited a good half hour for all this food, and we were seated at a table in the corner which had a distinct smell of cat poo. We asked a waiter how long it would be 20 mins into our wait as was told 2-3 minutes- 5 minutes later no food had arrived however he was just outside the restaurant having a fag and spitting. Having sent one of our party back to put more money in the car the food finally arrived; and promptly we sent the octopus and the omelette back as those two dishes were quite frankly absolutely inedible. The staff argued as to whether the food was okay and they would not accept anything was wrong with any of the food except the octopus. We suggested we paid for our drinks and the croquettes and squid; the two dishes we had eaten most of (it was hard not to have eaten most of it the portions were tiny). In particular one blonde lady behind the till suggested we paid for the whole meal as we had tried each dish (how would we know it was not disgusting if we had not tried it?) all in all, the worst dining experience of my life, and I advise that the establishment takes a look at it's in inattentive, rude staff and it's inedible food. My advice to tourists would be to avoid this restaurant at all costs. I am now feeling nauseous in the car on the way to Palma airport and am looking forward to a meal of a much higher standard there.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank libroberts94
Oslo
“Bad experince”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

Neglected by the staff, food not cooked and an over all bad visit. When complaining and I was going to pay, six staff members were arguing with me. Since we had eaten most of the food we had to pay full price. Customer service at abolute bottom. Avoid!

3 Thank Wrnr
Gothenburg, Sweden
“Worst service ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We were a party of seventeen who ordered lunch; the staff was unfriendly, the food arrived in three waves, spaced so far apart that the previously delivered food was completely eaten before the next arrived. And the food was not cooked at the premises!
Do not spend your money here!

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank gbgmats
“Friendly and helpful staff, lovely situation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

We're typical English - buy a dish to share because we don't eat so much in the heat. This restaurant is endlessly accommodating in spite of being busy, welcoming us in English, others in German, French, Russian and of course Spanish.

• Visited October 2013