“Beautiful” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Valldemossa
Preston
“Beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2013

Whilst staying in Majorca, my husband and I with another couple treated ourselves to a night's stay at the Mirabo and what an experience this was. Antonio greated us on our arrival and made us feel most at home. The accommodation was perfect - my husband and I had the Valldemossa room which had wonderful views of Valldemossa. The food was freshly prepared and could not be faulted. Anyone wanting to find a peaceful retreat, Mirabo is the place.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2013 via mobile

What can I say, it really doesn't get any better and it was the perfect start to our honeymoon. It's so relaxed it's horizontal - you even help yourself to drinks from the poolside fridge and charge them to your room on an honesty basis!

We stayed in the detached Ovejas suite which was stunning with a big window and terrace overlooking the valley and Valldemosa beyond. The jacuzzi bath was an added bonus. We were also visited by a pine marten which appealed to my Attenborough sensibilities!

The pool area and the views from it are something else!

Don't be put off by people complaining about the access from the main road, it's a sinch and adds to its charm.

Antonio, the manager, and the rest of the staff were really friendly and welcoming making it that extra bit special.

In short, go but don't tell everyone...sssshhhhh!

Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2013

Mirabo is tucked away about 200m on the main windy road to Valldemossa - we shot past it first! Doubling back to find the dusty track I was (1) pleased I'd hired a 4x4 and (2) apprehensive - is this the entrance to this place - really?! The drive up is fine though and any car can handle the eight switch backs through the lemon trees (fab to run up too!) We arrived, parked in the car park (no charge) and met Antonio, the wonderful host at Mirabo and his little dog Luna.
Rooms: we had the suite, a triple aspect room over looking the mountains and the courtyard. It didn't have a balcony but beautiful rustic shutters and a room with real character - beautiful marble floors, comfy couch and a seprate bedroom with a superbly comfortable bed. This was a bigger room than most I believe and possibly worth getting one with some outside space in the sun.
Food: delightful and pretty well priced. We had paella that came in at EUR 40 for the two of us. Breads were top notch too and the breakfast eggs are spot on. Don't expect The Atlantis, Dubai style buffet breakfast but what there is, is great - fresh meats, cheeses, cereal, toast, freshly cooked eggs etc. Perfect way to start the day is the fresh orange juice!
Location and atmosphere: you can walk to Valldemossa in about 30 mins or do a nice 5km run through the paths in about 20mins. The setting is just idylic - the mountain views are superb, the air is fresh and clean and the trees rustle all day - it really is so tranquil there and plenty of room to spread out around the pool.
It's simple - just stay here. We escaped London / Kent for four days and despite persistent rain, I'm going to return in 5 weeks to sample it in the sunshine (I hope!) Not badly priced and the host, Antonio will make you feel absolutely more than welcome. We had some great dinner conversation every evening with the other guests and I do believe that the type and quality of guest is testament to this great little find. Slightly reticent to review it it's so good!! Book now!

Room Tip: Sorry - not going to share this with you in case we return at the same time!!! Any of them will be...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

Hidden away in the Valldemossan Mountains, Mirabo enjoyes a spectacular view. The food is typically Mallorcian and so fresh you have to order it in advance. When it arrives you won't be disappointed - mine was one of the best Spanish meals I've had. The hotel is simply and stylishly furnished in a way that boasts its stone structure dating back to the 1300's. It's a leisurely 30 minute walk into the village of Valldemossa, where there's a great Sunday food market. Antonio and his beloved Luna are exceptional hosts who will keep you well looked after and entertained. But the honesty-bar-style service means you have all the privacy and relaxation you could wish for in this quiet, romantic setting.

Room Tip: For those looking to book a less expensive room, Buhardilla is a beautiful room up in the rafters wi...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank earcher
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

I am a well-travelled professional writer. If someone had asked me to describe the perfect place to stay, I would still not have the words for what I found. The calm, choice of exquisite places to sit, the layout, furnishings, details - all chosen by a knowing eye. So much space - with all rooms full one was yet aware of solitude and an unspoken sense that everyone staying was at home.
I felt I had been invited by a benign and generous host to his own home - only he was nowhere to be seen and I had permission to wander anywhere. One can't put a value or quantity on such things. Time is a strange thing - I was there with my daughter for 2 nights only, and that only because the first choice hotel couldn't accommodate us for two of the nights and recommended Mirabo. Yet it is present in my memory as though I had stayed a year. If you do nothing else in your life, make sure you experience this combination of beauties. Antonio, who looked after us, was a perfect presence. Nothing better anywhere, I'm sure of it. I am compelled to go back there in June, and I have never done such a thing, two visits and only a few months in between. Too much to lose.

Room Tip: All rooms are shown on the website. It isn't possible to choose a good room, since each has its...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012 via mobile

We stayed here as there was no where else available on a cycling tour of Mallorca. Rather over our budget for the night but despite the cost was great value for money.
Food, bed and staff were all superb. You simply couldn't go wrong. Only slight complaint was the over powering Chopin playing in the lounge making it rather less than tranquil.

Stayed October 2012
1 Thank upinthehillsam
Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012 via mobile

Wonderful place to stay. Fabulous setting, location, rooms, pool and a manager who is there all the time and really cares and looks after all the guests. The food is delicious there is even home made yoghurt for breakfast. Lovely lovely place. Just go!!

• Stayed September 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Valldemossa
Valldemossa Hotel
Hoposa Costa d'Or Hotel
Gran Hotel Son Net
Gran Hotel Son Net
#1 of 1 in Puigpunyent

Been to Mirabo de Valldemossa? Share your experiences!