“Horrible experience......”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Norton
Johnson City, Tennessee
“Horrible experience......”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This place should be taken off of any travel sites because it does not stand by anything advertised. During one night, we stayed in THREE different rooms. The toilet was ready to over run in the first room, we were put in another room and there was also a wedding reception going on and already the hall was filled with people drinking and being loud. They put us up on the second floor and said it would be quiet.........at 1AM someone thought it would be fun to set off the fire alarm, at 2:AM someone started up their motorcycle and had to race the motor several times, and then at 3:AM, some of the wedding guest found their way up to the second floor and were very loud and unrespectful of others trying to sleep. Along with this, the hot tub was cold because the jets were broken and the pool was cold and they wouldn't turn on the lights because the pool closed at 9:PM. The exercise room was also a joke, the two treadmills did not work. Our concerns were not noted and all that was said was....I'm sorry. We paid for a room and should have received a refund for the condition of the motel. This is a cheap motel with a bar and not for families.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 21 July 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel for 3 nights, as did my sister and her husband we had an amazing time there. Everyone was so nice, they treated you like they had known you all there life. The food was very good, service was exceptional.
I plan on returning this fall and again next year it was place that made us feel welcome and at home.I want to also thank the young lady named Rebecca who worked one on one with us on our stay.She was a hard worker and was there everyday, I feel she is one of the best empoyees they have.
My hats off to all of your hard work, we look forward to seeing you all soon.

Room Tip: A great place for anyone
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Chilhowie, Virginia, United States
Reviewed 17 July 2013

i recently took an entire baseball team over for a state tour,we had 12 rooms total,we paid around $3000 for 3 nights,we were told they only had king rooms for a few of them,so i figured we could make it work anduse roll aways(the web site saysthey have them) whn we got there they said all roll aways were broken,the lady was nice and did help us out by switching a few of them,upon checkin about 5 of our rooms had mildew all over the ceiling above the showers,when i asked for them to be cleaned aguy came in and sprayed bleach water and that was it!i know it was bleach water because i ask for one room to be deoderized and thats what he sprayed! i ask will it not take the color out of the carpet? he says no its not very strong!! then when our kids got in the pool it was dirty(bandaids floating,algie on the bottom) the maintance man told us the failed a inspection on it the day before!! after the first day the pool did look cleaner so we were able to use it,the main problem i had with the motel was the cleanliness,i was there 3 days and all the maids done was make the bed and take trash cans out,i also left or hd stolen a new ipod called the motel about it and the guy said housekeeping would call and still havent! also the beds are hard as a brick not gettin any sleeping done there! i will never stay here again!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these Norton hotels

Stokesdale, North Carolina
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Stayed here during the graduation at UVA, Wise for 2 nights. Unfortunately had to stay as there was no other room to be had in the town. The room was nasty and the TV had no remote. They replaced the TV with one from 20 years ago at least as there was no color and you could barely see it. The free breakfast was terrible with almost nothing to eat. What they did have they ran out of before I could get there. Went across the street both mornings to Hardee or Burger King and brought breakfast back to the room. Was afraid to walk barefoot on the floor as it was dirty. The only good thing about the room was the water pressure in the shower. I would not recommend this motel to anyone ever. It should be closed by the Board of Health until they remodel it and clean it up.

Room Tip: Stay away from the Inn at Norton
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ester G
somerset ky
Reviewed 17 December 2012

I've been staying here every week for abt 2an a half years the employees are very nice and the service is excellent plus it is locally owned by local folks definitely a plus.yes the inn is kinda old but very well maintained, they have the best showers I have ever found they are awesome the water pressure is very very good .I have never ask for anything they couldn't provide.
As long as I come thru Norton an need a motel I will definitely will be staying at the inn

• Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank tim s
Denver, Colorado, United States
Reviewed 9 December 2012

I was in town to visit my son, and well I decided to stay here. Took me 10 Min to find someone to check in, then while I was checking in they were on their phone doing the facebook thing. So I got checked in and when went to my room, wow talk about an 1980's reunion, carpet and tv were as old as the hotel, keep in ming this is an old Holiday Inn. No Microwave or Fridge in room, and the bathroom was almost as dirty as the room, Hair all over the tub and sink. So I decided to give their in place restraunt a try Led Bellys. Took 15 min to get service and there were other people there. Waitress/Bartender looked like a spaz, after she got my drink order it took another 15 min to get my drink. Then I ordered off the menu, That took another 35 min to get my food, OMG it look gross, looked like it was a frozen food that they microwaved and it tasted like crap. Mean while I had to ask the Bartender for a refill, while she was complaining about working and how tired she was. Went to sleep it was quiet, then got up for the breakfast they had, and that was another bad time. Constrution workers/ Mexicans horded the food and would did not move when I tried to get something. So I went out to eat and came back and packed up and went to check out and asked for the manager, the lady said he does not get up until noon. I could not wait to get out of there, I checked out and stayed somewhere else the rest of my vist. Bad service, Price is too high, staff is very very poor. STAY AWAY!!!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Athens, Ga
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Reservations were made in June, confirmed in July & again in August 2 days before arrival..When we arrived it was not right.. out of 4 rooms 1 was on 1st floor, 3 on 2nd floor. rooms were disgusting but there were none available anywhere else. reservations for 2 nights & we were over charged $20.00 per night, per room.. we will sleep in the car before we ever stay here again.

Room Tip: Any place other than here
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norton
Days Inn Norton VA
Super 8 Norton VA
Super 8 Norton VA
#1 of 4 in Norton
Best Western Of Wise

Been to Atria Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!