“Fair Hotel”
Review of Days Inn Norton VA

Days Inn Norton VA
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Norton
Reviewed 31 August 2012 via mobile

The rooms themselves are daily nice. I can tell it hasn't been that long since the hotel was remodeled.
The breakfast was very much lacking on options. The fitness room is a joke.
Overall it's a fair basic hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed 28 June 2012

The rooms are recently renovated with comfortable beds. The front desk staff was friendly and breakfast was good with Waffles. I was in the area for work and it was a nice quiet place to stay. This property was one of the better Days Inn I have stayed at.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My family was staying at this location as I was in the area for my grandmother's 95th birthday. We had two rooms.

Upon first arrival, I was a little shocked to see what looked like dirty mop water tossed out the front door onto the front entrance. This was not so much a cleanliness issue, but does give first impressions. The old saying if what you see is dirty, then what about the stuff you can not see. Inside, it looked fairly clean for a hotel of this type.

Now, when I got to my room, the layout worked really well, with the vanity/sink area outside the toilet/shower room, alowing multiple people to get ready at the same time. The room overall looked clean, but had a smokey smell. I had not asked for a smokers room, but found that at this location it seems you have to ask NOT to have a smking room. OK, our fault. I have stayed at hotels in a smoking room, and been ok, but not here. The room next door had it's occupants arrive in the evening after we did, and when they started smoking, the smoke filled our room. I do not mean, you could smell it, I mean it was like it was being pulled into the room. These rooms are the lockout style, and that was the main source as the seal seemed to not exist. I ended up trying to cram towels around it, but that did not help. The amount of smoke in this room would have been a lot for a smoker to take. Think Bingo hall.

Finally, the towels, they need replaced. I almost always asked for a fresh set when I check into any hotel, but even that did not help much here. There should never be a need to give a customer a stained towel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 April 2012

This was a great place to stay. VERY Friendly staff and room excellent. This is a very good hotel and I would recommend it to anyone. We stay in many hotels and this was one of the best for the money.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I think this hotel must be under new management since the last time we stayed here. The room that we were in was clean but had unfinished paint marks on the wall. When we asked for another room they were unable to provide us with a finished room. My friend stayed in another room that was a non smoking room that smelled very badly of smoke odor, even my husband who is a smoker noticed it.
Last time I was here they had cookies out and this time nothing.
Overall I would not call this a bad hotel but the management needs to step it up a notch. If a room is non-smoking it should not smell like smoke. I am not sure I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We were in Norton for family funeral. Checked in and the 1st room stunk so bad it was hard to breath. They gave us another room that at least you could breath better. It wasn't that clean either. At 2 a.m. I had to put table in front of door due to the fighting in hallway. This went on and on. The hotel charged us $118 for one night and our 3 cousins just $67 for one night. We complained but the clerk said she couldn't do anything. This place is not fit to stay in unless you are into drugs and drunks.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Sarah R
Daysinn13942, General Manager at Days Inn Norton VA, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2011

We do appologize about the bad experience you may have had during your stay with us. We do wish we would known about the noise or fighting when it had occured so we may have immediately solved the problem. Unfortunately the rate you were charged maybe becuase you have booked at diffrent time then the rest of your family, rate do change based on ocuppancy or events, but we do honor reservation rates and group reservation rates that were done before rate changes.

Reviewed 12 July 2010

We were supposed to stay at this hotel Sunday night through Friday morning. We called the Thursday before our stay and canceled our Sunday night with the woman working the front desk. She took our names and date we wanted canceled and told our travel arranger that she had taken care of it. When we arrived at the hotel on Monday the front desk clerk couldn't find our reservations. After fiddling with the computer for a half hour he finally told us that they had canceled our week's reservation on Sunday after we failed to show up. Also the hotel was now booked full and had no rooms to give us. When we finally talked to the manager/owner and told him we had canceled our stay on Sunday he started raising his voice at us, basically called us liars and told us "What the hell do you expect me to do about it?" You would think the manager/owner would be a little more courteous, considering it was his front desk person who made the mistake that left us without a place to stay. Instead he was very rude and hostile towards us. I've never had an issue like this in all my years of traveling for business.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Brett_Indy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norton
Holiday Inn Norton
Super 8 Norton VA
Super 8 Norton VA
#1 of 4 in Norton
Best Western Of Wise

Been to Days Inn Norton VA? Share your experiences!