Days Inn Norton VA
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Comfort Inn(Big Stone Gap)
View Hotel
Western Front Hotel(Saint Paul)
Whitesburg Motel(Whitesburg)
Travel Inn(Duffield)
Ramada Inn(Duffield)
Parkway Inn(Whitesburg)
View Hotel
All reviewsbeds were comfortablethe breakfast areastaff was very friendlymotorcycle tripnascar racenext morningtvhostseconomycerealmotelexitratesdeskhighwaybristoljob
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 November 2012

I travel quite a bit and always stay at Days Inn when in the Norton area. The room is always clean and comfortable and very quiet. The bed is comfortable and t.v. service is exceptional. The lobby and other facilities are not as luxurious as more-costly chains (Marriott, etc.) but the room is every bit as good. The breakfast is typical of this chain, limited but adequate unless you require eggs and meat. Over-all it's a great place to stay for business travel and great value for the money.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Daysinn13942, Manager at Days Inn Norton VA, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2012

We thank your for your response. We have gotten many people who like are new tv service and are always looking at bring more value for our customers.

With our breakfast,we are always looking at new idea and trying out ideas to see what will be the best value for guests and what they may enjoy.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again.

Reviewed 23 October 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Daysinn13942, General Manager at Days Inn Norton VA, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2012

Reviewed 31 August 2012 via mobile

The rooms themselves are daily nice. I can tell it hasn't been that long since the hotel was remodeled.
The breakfast was very much lacking on options. The fitness room is a joke.
Overall it's a fair basic hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 28 June 2012

The rooms are recently renovated with comfortable beds. The front desk staff was friendly and breakfast was good with Waffles. I was in the area for work and it was a nice quiet place to stay. This property was one of the better Days Inn I have stayed at.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My family was staying at this location as I was in the area for my grandmother's 95th birthday. We had two rooms.

Upon first arrival, I was a little shocked to see what looked like dirty mop water tossed out the front door onto the front entrance. This was not so much a cleanliness issue, but does give first impressions. The old saying if what you see is dirty, then what about the stuff you can not see. Inside, it looked fairly clean for a hotel of this type.

Now, when I got to my room, the layout worked really well, with the vanity/sink area outside the toilet/shower room, alowing multiple people to get ready at the same time. The room overall looked clean, but had a smokey smell. I had not asked for a smokers room, but found that at this location it seems you have to ask NOT to have a smking room. OK, our fault. I have stayed at hotels in a smoking room, and been ok, but not here. The room next door had it's occupants arrive in the evening after we did, and when they started smoking, the smoke filled our room. I do not mean, you could smell it, I mean it was like it was being pulled into the room. These rooms are the lockout style, and that was the main source as the seal seemed to not exist. I ended up trying to cram towels around it, but that did not help. The amount of smoke in this room would have been a lot for a smoker to take. Think Bingo hall.

Finally, the towels, they need replaced. I almost always asked for a fresh set when I check into any hotel, but even that did not help much here. There should never be a need to give a customer a stained towel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family