Days Inn Norton VA
US$66
Super 8 Norton VA(Norton)(Great Value!)
US$57
US$86
Comfort Inn(Big Stone Gap)
US$88
US$86
Agoda.com
US$110
US$103
Priceline
Western Front Hotel(Saint Paul)(Great Value!)
US$120
Priceline
Westside Inn(Kingsport)
US$58
Travelocity
All reviewsbeds were comfortablethe breakfast areastaff was very friendlymotorcycle tripnascar racenext morningtvhostseconomycerealmotelexitratesdeskhighwaybristoljob
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The room I got for my seventy bucks had one queen bed - nothing bigger would have fit. I was travelling alone on business so it was suitable. The TV was a Samsung flat screen with Direct HD and five HBO's so all the channels looked great.

Tiny desk but still enough room at the side to squeeze in a recliner. Bathroom was one of those two piece jobs with the sink across the hall. The lobby and breakfast nook was combined and also small. No decaf and very few breakfast items but at least they had raisin bran and the coffee was quite good.

Bed and pillows were comfy but the carpet looked like it hadn't been vacuumed in a long time. This Days Inn would never get away with charging $70 in a place like Orlando, but in Norton VA, it's a pretty good deal.

Room Tip: 3rd floor room was entirely smoke free.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We were part of a group that were traveling by motorcycle. We were trying to get somewhere before an expected storm and didn't have reservations. The young man at the front desk was very helpful and accomidating. We were able to get rooms quickly and were all happy with them. The only comment from a couple of ladies was that the beds were high and they are on the shorter side. The hotel itself was very clean and the desk woman in the morning was extremely pleasant and helpful asking several times if we needed anything. One couple in our group even stayed an extra night and the hotel had no trouble doing that for them

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This was the first time I stayed at a Days Inn was at this Norton location and it met my expectation for a hotel on the cheaper side. The room and breakfast were acceptable for the price. I noticed an additional $20 charge on my credit card a couple days later and called the hotel to find out what the charge is for. They claimed I burned a hole in one of their sheets while I was smoking in one of their non-smoking rooms. The fact is however that I don't smoke, have never smoked, and certainty did not smoke in their room. The staff stated that they did not know 'who burned the hole' but I rented the room so I was being charged. Obviously it was a cheap tactic to earn an extra $20 which in the end bought them bad reviews. I will never stay in a Days Inn again. You get what you pay for and I obviously did not pay enough for honest service.

Room Tip: Stay at a different hotel than the Norton Days Inn
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Daysinn13942, Front Office Manager at Days Inn Norton VA, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2013

In this review you said that staff do not know who burn the hole in duvet but staff find out that day when they making bed there was not before hole in duvet.that's why you get charge for damage. actully staff find it out. so please trip adviser I advise you Remove this reveiw.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

This was a great place to stay! The staff was very friendly and requests were met with helpful and pleasant responses. Rooms were neat and clean. Beds were comfortable and selection of TV channels was really good for kids as well as adults. The breakfast waffles were fantastic. Next time I am in the area I will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Any room would be great!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 August 2013

I was part of a group that stayed here this past weekend for the Nascar night race at Bristol. We had an excellent stay and enjoyed the hospitality of the hosts. The breakfast was very good, and enjoyed the fresh fruit, yogurt and toast. We got off to a good start for a day and night of fun and racing. Although we had bus problems on Friday night, and didn't get to the race, we were able to enjoy time together as a group in front of the tv in the breakfast area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends