“Two different stays”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Norton
Roanoke
“Two different stays”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

First time staff was nice and very helpful at front desk. Restaurant staff was rough we came in late for breakfast 10am and they were not happy to see us. Now stay two reservation person transferred me to some promo person without giving me my confirmation number
Front desk was not very friendly. We asked for extra blankets and pillows twice before we got them. We called front desk because our pay movie was not working they said we do not work on that call the number on your screen? What I said. There is no number on the screen? Rooms are clean and updated could use a microwave and fridge we will be back my daughter is a student at UVA Wise

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Norton, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear eeseasdaszds,

Ben J
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is delicious and hotel service rivaled fancier hotels I have stayed in. When I arrived I was in a king room on the first floor that overlooked the pool area, I asked for a different room with more privacy and was quickly accommodated no questions asked. Both rooms were spotless, new carpet, comfortable beds with newer clean smelling bedding. When my room key didn't work the front desk man came with me to ensure my new key worked so I wouldn't have to go back downstairs if it didn't. The new key worked great, and he came back five minutes later with a plate so I could heat up leftovers without using styrofoam. The pool was the perfect temperature for a winter swim, not too cold but still refreshing.

The restaurant upstairs is a gem, normally on work trips I don't expect to eat that well. The shrimp and grits were amazing, best thing I've eaten in awhile. Then on Wednesday night there was a live music and pasta bar night, also delicious and the pastas were custom made to order, my man AJ behind the pasta bar even added some of my favorite shrimp and grits seasonings for me :) worth checking out for sure! The Italian restaurant next door, Romano's, was also delish.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Bluff City, Tennessee
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

I am working out of town and needed an altered check in schedule . 6am - and I would be checking out at 1 am . The person on the phone said he would have to charge me for 2 nights . I told the person on the phone that I have stayed in this location for corporate business several times, and he was completely rude an did not want to even try to accommodate my needs . So I will be staying at the Best Western in Wise,Va they were more the happy to accommodate me . Now I will never stay at this holiday inn or any other for business or pleasure stays !

Stayed December 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Norton, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Dear Mkrim,

Thank you for your candid review. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. I am truly sorry our hotel did not meet your expectations this particular day. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest.

We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Connie D
IHGCare

Travellers are raving about these Norton hotels

Rocky Mount, Virginia
Reviewed 7 November 2013

I have been staying at this hotel for over a year. I get 4-6 rooms for four days at a time every week. The service sucks, everyone has attitude and never puts me in the rooms I reserved. I always request a fridge and microwave in room as well as being located in a room on the parking lot side due to the fact that starting at 4:30am the coal trucks drive directly beside the back of the building using they're air brakes. I have never once had the fridge and microwave in my room since I started staying here, they tell me they are all taken but if you go down to the bottom level below lobby they are all down there. The maids and front desk workers are to lazy to haul them to rooms requested! Tony the night shift worker is a jerk, and you can tell he hates his job, it shows. The manager is a joke, she tells me I have you down for two kings and two doubles and when I show they are all doubles. She is very nice on the phone, but a raging B!And every person in there is lacking any sort of management/people skills.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Billis31
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Norton, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Billis31,

Ferdinand G
North Manchester
Reviewed 28 September 2013

My fiance' and I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Norton, Va in late September 2013. The hotel was very comfortable, and the attendants were hospitable. Although the first night we were there, there was very loud music from the 5th floor bar. After i explained my dismay to the front desk she took care of the problem for me and made my experience a pleasant one. I would definitely go back again when I'm in that area. The pool had way too much chlorine in it .. Everything else was superb.

Room Tip: Don't go to the floor below the bar ... NO FOURTH FLOOR
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Chesterfield, Virginia
Reviewed 28 August 2013

It's been around 10 years since I worked in the area, and my memories of the hotel options didn't make me excited to return. I was, however, extremely surprised when I checked into the Holiday Inn in Norton.

The hotel is located in the old downtown area, but is a nice addition to the main street. Rooms are spacious, clean, and comfortable. The hotel is still relatively new, and the hotel is tastefully decorated in current colors. There is a restaurant on the top (5th) floor of the hotel, and there are conference rooms in the basement level.

Parking can be a bit tight at the hotel, simply because of the number of vehicles in the lot. However, it's manageable. The only downside I found to the hotel is the location of a busy street on the back side of the building. Beginning early in the morning, and continuing into the dark hours, the street is very busy - especially with large trucks that can be extremely loud. Hotel management is aware of the noise....so much that if you are in a room on the "even" side of the building, your room includes a set of earplugs to help you deal with the noise.

Fortunately, the loud trucks aren't usually a problem during normal sleeping hours. If noise bothers you - try to get a room on the "odd" side of the building.

Any way you look at it...it's the BEST hotel in town!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Boone, North Carolina
Reviewed 19 August 2013

We were staying in Norton for 3 nights and I checked all the hotels in the area. The reviews were awful for the rest, so we thought we would give Holiday Inn a try. We were very pleased. When we checked in, the manager said he was putting us on the back hall which was quiet. After seeing these reviews I now understand. It really was quiet. The rooms are nice, comfortable beds and very clean. We wanted a refrigerator, and they said they didn't have any rooms with one, but that they would bring us one! They actually carried one in from storage for us! The staff was very friendly and helpful.
I was pleased to find a guest laundry. We travel a lot and needed to wash clothes. Very nice.
Nice indoor pool and Exercise room as well, with six machines.
The only regret I have is that since they have the restaurant upstairs, they don't offer free breakfast. We have come to enjoy that with several other brands.
But, We will come back when in the area...FOR SURE!

Room Tip: Ask for the front near the parking lot.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Norton
Comfort Inn
Best Western Of Wise
The Inn at Wise
The Inn at Wise
#2 of 2 in Wise

Been to Holiday Inn Norton? Share your experiences!