We selected the Holiday in based on previous experiences by other teams in past years. We found the rooms nice, clean, well maintained, comfortable and roomy. Being with a baseball team there was lots of room for equipment and luggage that we appreciated. The breakfast in the hotel was great for keeping the team on schedule and getting the boys fed fast. The best thing about the hotel though was the staff, everyone was very friendly and accommodating. The cleaning and maintenance people were all friendly and helpful. The management and staff were pleasant and hospitibal. We were a large group of teen boys and could sometimes get a little excited and noisy. The staff was good working with us to keep the enthusiasm in check but allowing the boys to have fun. The lobby was smallish but enough for a gathering place to marshal the groups
The location was in downtown Norton, which isn't a large town, but there were several local conveniences. Aside from the hotel restaurant there were several restaurants very close to the hotel and allowed the team to pick which place to eat since they were all close, reasonably proved and very good and good value. Since the boys will tend to wander during off time there was a dairy queen a longer walking distance away, a park and a high school with fields. The park provided a diversion for things other than baseball and the high school had baseball fields for practice. All a walking distance away.
There was shopping close to the hotel just a short ride away and a theater multiplex that was a longer walk or very short drive.
We had a delightful tournament where we played well and it was most likely contributed to by the restul accommodations at the Holiday Inn, Norton, VA.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- New Hotel is Located in the Heart of Norton's Business DistrictTravelers looking for lodging in Norton, VA can enjoy a comfortable stay at the Holiday Inn hotel in Norton VA, located just off Highway 23 and surrounded by the scenic Appalachian Mountains.Our accommodations in Norton, VA are perfectly suited for families with our ideal location near area attractions like the High Knob Observation Tower, Flag Rock Recreational Area, Lonesome Pine Raceway, Grayson Lake State Park and Mountain Rose Vineyards. Your family can explore Virginia's history by driving along the Crooked Road, Virginia's Music Heritage Trail or by visiting the Southwest Virginia Museum, located just 10 miles from our hotel in Norton.Business and leisure travelers alike enjoy staying at our Norton, VA hotel, located in the heart of the city near many area businesses, like the Mountain View Medical Center, Pepsi Bottling Plant, Old Dominion Power Company and the Virginia Mining Association. You can take advantage of the convenient 24-hour business center and premium event facilities, which can seat up to 250 people. Our Norton hotel also provides free high-speed, wireless Internet access.While lodging at our hotel in Norton, VA, enjoy our amenities like the heated, indoor pool, 24-hour fitness center and on-site restaurant, where kids under 12 can eat for free. Book your hotel reservation today and take advantage of our great Norton hotel's room deals and rates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Expedia, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Norton reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Norton Hotel Norton
- Norton Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Norton Virginia