We decided on this holiday after seeing an offer on secret escapes. Having never booked a holiday this before i was a little nervous. I neednt have been. we flew in on Saturday, arranged the hotel to pick us up by private taxi, which was waiting, and then a 35 minute transfer to the hotel.
We were checked in and our bags brought around to the villa. The villa looked just as it does on the web sites and was immaculately clean.
Now one thing to note, which was never mentioned until arrival, is that the restaurant and the local supermarket are both closed on a sunday, so if you arrive after 9pm on a saturday you are scuppered for breakfast on a sunday. The taxis are running though and just ask the security person to call you one, they work out at about 4.30 euros into town.
Taxis are your best friend as the villas are about two miles from the town centre and the marina. Its a decent walk down, but a long walk back up. There is also a ferry port which you can catch a ferry over to playa blanca in lanzerote in the marina for about 50 euros for a couple.
The villas themselves are great,(ours was a premier garden villa) very private and spread over two floors with your own private pool ,jaquzzi and rooftop bar b q. The jaquzzi is on a 3 hour timer so you have to keep remembering to press the timer button or else it goes cold. Our pool didnt have heating, but some pools do at an extra cost(book ahead), but by all accounts they are still pretty cold, as ours was, but great when it gets hot in the afternoons, once you have dared yourself to go in! If you have an ipod take it, to make use of the connection that sends your music all around the villa, and also to the outside pool and bar b q areas, a great touch.
The whole place is spotlessly clean, with staff continuously working to that effect, the villas are cleaned every four days. The breakfast choice is huge, catering for both British and continental, and you can eat as much as you like, and there is even an individual news sheet printed for the world and uk headlines available.
We didnt use the spa so dont know what that was like.
If you are considering booking these villas and are a bit unsure, dont be, we had 11 nights in March, the weather was warm about 21/22 degrees all the time, a little bit of cloud and light wind but lovely the majority of time. The town of Correlejo has approx 100 bars and restaurants to cater for all tastes. My personal favourite was the rock island bar for some laid back live acoustic surfer /hippie style evenings which had a great vibe.
We also hired a car through the helpful reception staff, and that cost 120 Euros for four days. There a few roads on the island, but what there are, are new and very easy to drive on, north to soUth of the island takes about 2 hours but a very easy drive.
Overall we couldnt be happier with our choice of destination and accomodation for this time of the year, great place to unwind and catch some winter/spring sunshine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine enjoying a luxury resort style complex that offers all the amenities of a large hotel with the exclusivity of having your own Villa. Enjoy the Caribbean in Europe with your own pool, Jacuzzi and private terrace or our exclusive club with spa, fitness centre, snack bar, room service, kids playing area and restaurant.All our villas include living/reception room, modern fully fitted kitchen, three double bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, private pool, roof terrace with BBQ, Jacuzzi and Balinese beds. All the necessary amenities to make your stay as close to paradise as possible.Unwind with one of our club's spa treatments, combine beach and fitness and enjoy the finest Spanish cuisine in our restaurant. No pets allowed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, Booking.com, Prestigia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Bahiazul Villas & Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahiazul Villas & Club Hotel Corralejo
- Bahiazul Villas And Club
- Bahiazul Villas & Club Fuerteventura/Corralejo