After looking at the photos of these villas I was so excited about staying here and the reality did not disappoint. We booked the Villa Romano directly with Raquel and this was very straightforward. The villa was very easy to find from the airport and exactly as described and the pool was heated so it was not a problem to use and sitting in the jacuzzi with a glass of bubbly was heaven, as was the total privacy, none of the villas around us seem to be occupied so there was no one around although it might be a different story if they were busy and everyone decided to party on their roof terrace at the same time.
Using your ipod in one location but being able to hear it throughout the villa is fantastic although the system didn't work in the bedroom. A few more TV channels might have been a good idea but no biggy. the kitchen is basic but we managed fine and used the roof terrace barbecue a lot. The meat from the Eurospar in the town was fantastic as was the fish. Local wine is gorgeous and very reasonable.
Correlejo is about a 45 min walk away but 20 mins away is Casper's a great little bar owned by a great dog. . .and his owner. Tiffany's is also on the same roundabout and does a great breakfast for far less than the 6 Euro charged at the complex. a cab into town costs about 5 Euro each way or you can walk to Casper's have a couple of drinks and grab a cab there for a bit less.
Correlejo has some lovely fish restaurants down by the harbour and a fab tapas place La Chamas, so good we ate there twice as we didn't fancy the other hundreds of places offering English fayre.
You have to drag yourself away from the villa and visit the beaches at least once, travel further along from the popular Red Flag beach for a long walk down across the dunes to a great quieter beach.
Having a car is a must and we spent a lovely day driving up over the mountains, not for the faint hearted but far worth the trip when you get to the top.
As we only stayed a week (not long enough) we did not have a visit from the maid which means, if all 3 bedrooms were occupied, you would not get a change of towels, luckily there was only 2 of us so we had loads. Also there are no cleaning utensils, I know, who wants to clean on holiday, but when you are cooking and walking in and out from the beach and pool etc. it would be nice to be able to, at least, brush the floor once or twice, and take some dishwasher tabs, save you having to buy any.
I would highly recommend these villas, the complex is a bit 'odd' my hubby's words not mine as every villa is identical and the place is absolutely spotless (not complaining about that), it is very secure, there is a tennis court, a gym, a spa (although no info about treatments anywhere) and a restaurant, we didn't try this but it did look good with a small bar, and an outside space. There is free wifi but only on the roof terraces so you do need to wait until it gets dark to use it. I'd definitely go back, just for the peace and quiet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imagine enjoying a luxury resort style complex that offers all the amenities of a large hotel with the exclusivity of having your own Villa. Enjoy the Caribbean in Europe with your own pool, Jacuzzi and private terrace or our exclusive club with spa, fitness centre, snack bar, room service, kids playing area and restaurant.All our villas include living/reception room, modern fully fitted kitchen, three double bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, private pool, roof terrace with BBQ, Jacuzzi and Balinese beds. All the necessary amenities to make your stay as close to paradise as possible.Unwind with one of our club's spa treatments, combine beach and fitness and enjoy the finest Spanish cuisine in our restaurant. No pets allowed. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Bahiazul Villas & Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bahiazul Villas And Club
- Bahiazul Villas & Club Hotel Corralejo
- Bahiazul Villas & Club Fuerteventura/Corralejo