1,920 results
All reviews garden villa roof terrace hot tub bikini bar private pool washing machine bahiazul restaurant golf buggy superior villa secret escapes master bedroom the security guard high walls welcome pack onsite restaurant large supermarket mercadona supermarket
Reviewed 31 March 2010

I have read the previous review and couldn't have written it better myself. I agree entirely with what Mandy said about everything

We also booked Villa Romana through Raquel who was very helpful and quick to respond to e-mails

My husband and I were looking for some where special for my 50th birthday and we were drawn to this Villa by the beautiful photos on the Holiday Lettings website. We had priced up expensive hotels but no where would we have found some where with a 4 hour flight where we had both a private pool, a hot tub and a choice of 3 bedrooms for this price.

We were a little concerned about the distance from town as we do not like to drive on holiday as we like to chill and have a drink when we are out if we want to, but as it is made quite obvious that the villas are a little way out of town we budgeted for taxis which still made it a very reasonably priced holiday and taxis were plentiful.

Taxis we found varied between 3 euros 60 to 4 euros and you could call these from the villa through reception and they would pick you up and drop you at your door.

But much to our own surprise we actually ended up walking into town most days. It is not the most scenic of walks as there are a lot of unsold closed apartment sites on route and it does take about 45 minutes but it is pretty flat pavements by Spanish standards and downhill and there are several routes to choose from, but for somebody that doesn't walk any where it was certainly no hardship. If you have a car then you have no trouble. Within 5 minutes you would be in town and the roads were so straight and easy.

Usually when we are on holiday we hate just lazing around the pool (our last holiday was in Turkey where we were white water rafting and doing jeep safaris) but to be honest the villas are so beautiful, peaceful and relaxing we had to drag ourselves away and when we had been out all day we were perfectly happy to chill in the evening and watch a DVD (I think there was only one English channel on the tele.) so do take some. My husband even cooked a couple of evenings and although it was March it was warm enough to sit outside by the pool and have a meal and a bottle of wine as the lighting round the pool is quite romantic. We did manage a hot tub or two but that was a little bit fresh this time of year !!!!

There weren't many excursions available either and the water park and Baku weren't yet open so we used the buses to El Cortillo which is quite a pretty fishing village and then Puerto del Rosario (which probably wasn't worth the journey) but we were happy pottering around Corralejo by the time we dragged ourselves away from the apartment as there are plenty of restaurants to have a nice lunch of whatever it is that takes your fancy from Spanish tapas to Mexican, Chinese etc in quite nice settings.

There were a few things that we had thought might make the apartment abit more self-catering friendly (you will probably need your own basic essentials as the cupboards were bare). Probably not a lot of people want to cook when they are away and to be honest we found the supermarkets lacking in the fresh meat department , but having got back and thought about this we realised that in fact had we actually asked then Pascal the ever helpful site manager would certainly have found whatever it was we needed as nothing was too much trouble for him and in fact on my birthday he booked our table in the complex restaurant and we had a lovely bottle of champagne plus a birthday dessert. The staff were friendly and it is a beautiful restaurant. It was very quiet whilst we were there although the whole complex was very quiet, in fact it looks like a large number of them are unoccupied.

The only thing we thought with the restaurant was that the menu could have been a bit more exciting and then we would probably have eaten more often.

I was completely stressed out before I went away and have come back completely chilled out so thanks to Raquel and Pascal and all his staff for making my birthday so enjoyable and one to remember

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DebbiecLuton
Reviewed 26 March 2010

After looking at the photos of these villas I was so excited about staying here and the reality did not disappoint. We booked the Villa Romano directly with Raquel and this was very straightforward. The villa was very easy to find from the airport and exactly as described and the pool was heated so it was not a problem to use and sitting in the jacuzzi with a glass of bubbly was heaven, as was the total privacy, none of the villas around us seem to be occupied so there was no one around although it might be a different story if they were busy and everyone decided to party on their roof terrace at the same time.
Using your ipod in one location but being able to hear it throughout the villa is fantastic although the system didn't work in the bedroom. A few more TV channels might have been a good idea but no biggy. the kitchen is basic but we managed fine and used the roof terrace barbecue a lot. The meat from the Eurospar in the town was fantastic as was the fish. Local wine is gorgeous and very reasonable.
Correlejo is about a 45 min walk away but 20 mins away is Casper's a great little bar owned by a great dog. . .and his owner. Tiffany's is also on the same roundabout and does a great breakfast for far less than the 6 Euro charged at the complex. a cab into town costs about 5 Euro each way or you can walk to Casper's have a couple of drinks and grab a cab there for a bit less.
Correlejo has some lovely fish restaurants down by the harbour and a fab tapas place La Chamas, so good we ate there twice as we didn't fancy the other hundreds of places offering English fayre.
You have to drag yourself away from the villa and visit the beaches at least once, travel further along from the popular Red Flag beach for a long walk down across the dunes to a great quieter beach.
Having a car is a must and we spent a lovely day driving up over the mountains, not for the faint hearted but far worth the trip when you get to the top.
As we only stayed a week (not long enough) we did not have a visit from the maid which means, if all 3 bedrooms were occupied, you would not get a change of towels, luckily there was only 2 of us so we had loads. Also there are no cleaning utensils, I know, who wants to clean on holiday, but when you are cooking and walking in and out from the beach and pool etc. it would be nice to be able to, at least, brush the floor once or twice, and take some dishwasher tabs, save you having to buy any.
I would highly recommend these villas, the complex is a bit 'odd' my hubby's words not mine as every villa is identical and the place is absolutely spotless (not complaining about that), it is very secure, there is a tennis court, a gym, a spa (although no info about treatments anywhere) and a restaurant, we didn't try this but it did look good with a small bar, and an outside space. There is free wifi but only on the roof terraces so you do need to wait until it gets dark to use it. I'd definitely go back, just for the peace and quiet.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mandy_Reen
Reviewed 17 March 2010

Just came back from a fantastic stay in Bahiazul. It is such a relaxing spot if you are looking to just get away and take it easy for a week.

Based on the other reviewers comments, it would appear that although the villas in general would seem to all be finished to a very high standard, the actual decor etc does vary according to who actually owns the villa. We booked directly with the owner Catherine via ownersdirect.co.uk, - the villa we got was spotless, and very modern and bright, complete with an Ipod dock, satellite TV including Sky news etc, and also with a DVD player and even a Wii! The master bedroom was a great size, very clean etc with an ensuite with a fantastic powerful shower, hot water at all times. The kitchen was well equipped, we didn't find the lack of oven a problem, since hob cooking was fine for us for the week (together with a few lovely meals out in Corralejo). We used the large hiperdino in town to buy everything we needed, but there are also smaller (basic!) supermarkets very close by. For breakfast, we also ate at the Bahiazul restaurant a couple of times, great value at €6 for a basic continental buffet and also some hot food, sausages etc and an egg cooked any way to order.

The pool area was very secluded from the neighbouring villas, very high walls so great privacy that you don't get in many places these days, v peaceful. The pool was a bit on the cool side, great for a quick dip in the middle of the day to cool off, but you wouldn't spend hours lounging around in it. The jacuzzi was such a treat, give it a couple of hours to heat up and away you go. There is also a very small gym, with a couple of treadmills and bikes.

One thing that confused us for a few minutes is that there is a strange set up for the sliding doors, you have to go outside to lock one set of sliding doors, then come inside to lock the other set in order to secure the villa, but it is a minor issue (and in any case, the complex as a whole seems to be very safe and secure).

I would definitely recommend renting a car, since it is then just 5 minutes drive into Corralejo, although a taxi is no more than about €4 each way. We didn't find the distance a problem at all, and when we drove past other villa complexes, we were delighted that we had opted for Bahiazul!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tinks101
Reviewed 13 January 2010

I love Corralejo and usually go out at least twice a year. We have stayed at the Bahiazul Villas many times and I would have no hesitation in recommending Villa Bougambilla to anyone. I usually book direct with Cesar who is very helpful, quick to respond to any enquiry and can be very flexible with any dates you require.
The Villas are superb – my only problem is that while I love to spend the day at the beach soaking up the sun I also love to sunbathe on the private rooftop terrace at the villa and just pop downstairs for a nice cool glass of wine which I then take up to the jacuzzi – see my problem??
There are a number of villas on the complex but there is no noise to disturb you and we were not overlooked. One of the main features for me is the absolute privacy that you have.
The pool didn’t need any heating when we were there in June last year but I was not brave enough to try it this time although I had no problem with the Jacuzzi.
The shower is superb - loads of hot water and so powerful!! My other half always moans about our shower when we get home.
The interior is very well designed and of an excellent standard. We generally eat in for at least half the time we are there however the kitchen is in need of more equipment as there are only two saucepans and a small frying pan which can be quite challenging. There is a microwave and a hob but you do feel the lack of an oven.
The hidden gem of this complex is Pascal who is always cheerful, helpful friendly and most importantly available. Nothing is too much trouble for him. If you need anything to make your stay even more perfect just ask him – if it is at all possible he will sort it!!
We will be going back at Easter and again in October and now would not think of staying anywhere in Corralejo but Cesars.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amanda_stockport_10
Reviewed 7 January 2010

May i take this chance to highly recomend Bahiazul to everyone. It does not matter if you have older or younger children in your family or if you are a couple wanting a holiday, this holiday village as i liked to call it because it offers so much more than any resort i have been to,is the most beautifull place you can think off.The staff are so kind,friendly and helpfull and Pascal who is probably one of the first people you will meet at Bahiazul is one in a million in so many ways and Pascal made our holiday for us.I went out there with my husband and our three children ages 15,11,8 we also had my daughters friend who is 14 with us aswell.We all had the best holiday ever and cannot wait to return this year. Thank you Bahiazul,and thank you once again Pascal you are a credit to your profession, kind regards Clare Stevens.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family