Alisios Playa
US$177
US$165
Official Site
  • Beachfront
All reviewsvolcano walkevery other daykiller poolpool barthese apartmentssmall complexthe main stripgreat holidaycheap holidaymeat dishesself catering apartmentapartment was very cleanmet some lovely peoplestayed all inclusivefew minutes walkbars and restaurantsplenty of sunbeds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 December 2013

On arrival,which was 4pm,expected snacks around the pool having not eaten for 12hrs, but told there are just the 3 meals a day,so we would have to wait till evening dinner! not the all inc we have been doing for the last 10yrs. It may only have been a 2*but it could have been run better. The receptionist was also the bar person,and cook, wont say chef as you ate in a room that resembled a works canteen.Food some days were uneatable and very cold.Stayed for 2 wks and after 14 lunches of hamburgers and tinned hot dogs , we chose to eat out in the evenings,loads of resturants and not very expensive.As for the complex,the pool area was fine,but the rest was very dated and needs upgrading,probably then you wouldn't mind paying a little more for your holiday,as it is situated a good area,in 5mins walk to the main town and beaches.Will not be staying there again.

Room Tip: If you can get a room around the pool area ,then you may get sun on your balcony,otherwise they are all in the shade.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank susan F
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Spent two weeks at Alisios Playa on a self catering basis with my wife during the latter part of November 2013. Overall we enjoyed the holiday and the hotel location is good, but our apartment was in need of upgrading. Although the sheets were clean and changed frequently the bed covers were stained and rather tatty, as was the settee cover. The fridge was rusty and inefficient, some of the cupboard doors didn't close properly as the hinges were rusty and we found a few cockroaches, including one in the fridge, resulting in all the food being thrown out. On arrival I spent the first hour cleaning the place. The pool area looks nice but the sunbeds are nearly all broken or worn out, they could all do with replacing. We recommend Thomson take this place out of their brochure until it is refurbished.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Phil H
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Stayed here for a week in November 2013 and I agree with the last few posts mostly.
Generally it was a great place to stay but some things could've been better.

The staff were all excellent and I couldn't fault them. They were always friendly.
The cleaning woman worked liked a trooper everyday. And having left some valuables out by accident on the first few days these were untouched. She just went in and did the bed, floor and bathroom, plus clean towels.
The bar staff doubled up as receptionist/kitchen assistant which meant that when you went to the bar you may have been waiting to be served - for perhaps a minute or two! No big deal.

The pool is cleaned everyday, and there are plenty of loungers to go round. There are signs advising no inflatables, no balls, and I for one was glad the pool wasn't full of them. When I was there small children were allow swimming aids. It was just so nice not having a pool full of lilo's or kid throwing balls around.
The pool itself is lovely. It's not heated but doesn't need to be, and it's big enough to get a decent swim. It did get hot in the sun and getting in the pool so was refreshing.

The rooms are nice and have self-catering kitchenettes - with cutlery and crockery provided. Fridge and microwave is also included. The bedrooms are separate.
You can quite easily, if you wanted, buy stuff at the local (large) supermarkets so that you have whatever drinks and nibbles, or meals, in your room.
There is a safe in the room but it'll cost you 10 euros for the week.
There is a TV in the room and the remote control is 10 euro refundable deposit. Don't bother with this, as there wasn't much available on the channels you had which were all Spanish.

The bar is open 10.30am-10.30pm. I went all inclusive which meant San Miguel on tap (nice!). The bar area isn't massive and could be better. I didn't feel like I wanted to spend any time there and ended up taking drinks back to my room which wasn't that far.

The food is where the hotel could do better. It was plain and basic. Breakfast is the best meal which most variety. There was always a selection of ham, cheese, salads, fruits, bread available. Lunch options were always limited to hamburgers, frankfurters, chips. Dinner was a little better.
Overall you'd better going for bed and breakfast and then eating out.
Someone has made a comment about having to clear your own plates away. Well yes. But I don't understand why this would be a major hassle, and it was no problem for me.

The hotel is located 5 minutes from the main street which has lots of shops - supermarkets, bars, restaurants, chemists, tobacco, booze and tat shops. Lots of places to eat and drink.

Overall I'd give it a 3½ to 4. Nice but the food could be better.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
7  Thank Jaz007
Reviewed 12 November 2013

we stayed here all inclusive from end of oct to 5th nov, yes it is a lovely quiet place, yes there is rules regarding jumping in pool etc, but at end of day its for safety reasons, my husband and I and my 5yr old son, were treated exceptionally and my son was made most welcome, he loved Catherine, who we both found extremely lovely and as with all the other staff, they were polite, lovely and very very accommodating, yes rooms are dated but clean, our shower was the nuts so powerful, we only ate there a couple of times, but it wasn't that the food wasn't good, it just my son wasn't eating apart from ice-cream, so we ate out most of time, but at end of day, we met some exceptional people from both Germany, and near to our own homes, the complex is situated ideally near to the town and beaches, so not too far too walk with children, sunbeds are readily available.. I read reviews and people complaining about attitude of staff, I had an accident in town (luckily on bruising), the staff were fantastic in fact trying to convince me to seek medical attention. they are all like one big family, and we and other guests that were there were a part of that, and the staff work extremely hard, I had my apartment cleaned 5 out of 7 days, sheets changed 3 times, extra pillows and blankets given when asked, absolutely nothing to complain about, yes its only 2 star, but I would recommend. either all inclusive or self-catering, restaurants and cafes are cheap enough in town and there is plenty of supermarkets etc to buy things right down to fresh bread and croissants.

Room Tip: the whole complex is quiet, so I don't think it really matters xx
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank jujaynsid
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Just got back from a week at this complex, the appartment was dated and could do with up-dating. However, it was clean. The sheets were nice and clean, the cleaner came in every other day and the towels were changed. I have never experienced this before in a self catering appartment, only when staying in hotels. It was a quiet place to stay although you are 5 minutes walk from the beach. shops, bars and night life. We found the staff friendly and they worked really hard. Can't comment on the food because we ate out. It would have been nice to have the bar open a little longer and maybe a little shop that sold newspapers, milk etc.
We had a lovely holiday and I think you got what you paid for, once the rooms are up dated the prices will probably up go too!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends