Alisios Playa
  • Beachfront
US$118
getaroom.com
  • Pool
All reviewsvolcano walkevery other daykiller poolpool barthese apartmentssmall complexthe main stripgreat holidaycheap holidaymeat dishesself catering apartmentapartment was very cleanmet some lovely peoplestayed all inclusivefew minutes walkbars and restaurantsplenty of sunbeds
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Just got back from a week all inclusive with wife and 2 grown up children. Wanted a quiet relaxing week and got exactly that. Apartment was basic but perfectly adequate and most important, it was very clean. Arrived late on 1st day after mealtime had ended but were still greeted with a light meal and drinks which was perfect after a long day travelling. This was a nice touch and a sign of things to come. The staff multi task and really do put in a shift, working very hard. Ate in 5 out of the 7 days. Always found the breakfast, lunch and dinner to be good, with a choice to suit everyone. Pool area and bar terrace always spotless. Well done to all the staff especially Katherine and William, and thanks to all for making our stay so enjoyable. One major point is the location. It is close to the beach and the town centre. There are a number of hotels in Corralejo that are not.Would we go again? Oh yes? As others have said, if you want 5 star, then pay for it, but if you want value for money break, then this one ticks a lot of boxes.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Kim L
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My friend and I stayed here the first 2weeks in June and I too had read previous poor reviews but I always keep an open mind.it seems that Antonio had taken over as manager in February and has improved the place totally. I would refer to this place as an apartment complex more so than an hotel so if you are looking at being waited on then this is not the place for you. That is a fact not a criticism. We were all inclusive and enjoyed every meal.the 'restaurant' was very basic and self service but that didn't bother us at all for what we had paid for this trip. Katherine, William, Jose and Andrea were the main staff here and all were very pleasant indeed .William was great behind the bar and always created party nights on the few nights we stayed in. Alisios is well placed for everything the town has to offer and that is a mixture of old and new,both equally enjoyable from tapas bars in the old town to steak houses and lively music bars in the new town. All in all a great time and I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Would think they are all similar
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank 123hmh
Reviewed 28 June 2014

just returned on on 26/6/14 after 2 week stay.... we also read the reviews before we left but as we only paid 330 each for a 2 week hol with thomson we didnt expect 5 star surroundings, we got what we paid for and that was a clean spacious appartment, kitchen had everything we needed for self catering, fridge microwave hob toaster kettle..... bathroom clean... hot water always and towels and sheets changed alternate days. we had no problems with staff or manager who was cheery and helpful and I over heard him being helpful to other guests with onward flight issues.
our only gripe was the pool area, quite small for such a big complex with too few sun loungers and quite a few of them broken, only 7 or 8 umbrellas for shade arround pool and yet again that soooo annoying culture of people getting up at 7ish to put towels on beds but not parking their bums on them for most of the day, consequently rows of towelled sun beds empty and guests having no where to relax but the balcony/terrace, which were ample big enough with table and chairs but umbrellas would be a great improvement as no respite from the sun without them!!!! I wish hotel managers would stop this towels on beds malarky, we saw people who had 'reserved' their sun beds out in the town at bars cafes etc WHY oh WHY!!!! any way great location, had fab time out with correlejo catamarans 55 eu each with glass of fizz drinks and buffett 4 hour trip to los lobos they had kayaks and snorkel stuff on board also fishing if you like that. Volcano express with last minute excursions 40 eu each inc ferry over to lanzarote which was good, ate out every day breakfast anything from 3 to 6 eur dinners average 8 - 9 eur but best place we were drawn back to every day was Tams little Cordon Blue at back of correlejo beach hotel right on front of beach wall.... great food, smoothies and proper mugs of coffee, excellent views and fab service we loved it there, doesnt look much from outside but dont be fooled, its lovely!!!!! very relaxing holiday, not a great deal of 'attractions' but if you want to relax and unwound its the place to be.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Suze61davies
Reviewed 26 June 2014

My friend and I stayed for a week to celebrate our birthday. Stayed for a week from 18-15 June. Having read the reviews I was starting to get a bit concerned about our apartment, however I was pleasantly surprised and relieved to find that it was better than I expected. The apartment was basic, but clean. We had our towels changed x3 times. As we were staying a week, the sheets were not changed, but I expected that and it was said in the information sheet. Kitchenette had a microwave, kettle and a two ringed hob with basic cooking utensils. On our first night the kettle fused, causing other appartments to have a power cut!, but the kettle was quickly replaced. We only used the restaurant once and as we were not all inclusive, we had to pay 10 euros for the buffet. The food was basic and cold, so we ate out the rest of the week. The apartment is close to the centre and to the beach, so excellent location. The apartment did not have a hairdrier, so glad I brought my own. The staff were accomadating and friendly. Some people we met who had stayed here on several occasions said that the appartments had improved greatly since Antonio (the manager) had taken it over. (Lovely man). The complex was quiet; no entertainment, but having stayed in different appartments in the Canaries I was quite grateful!!!! If you want a luxury apartment, don't come here. If you want a cheap holiday, with friendly and helpful staff, (who work really hard), then ignore the bad reviews. I would come here again. PS. If you want a sunday roast, I recommend a place called Penny Lane. Wonderful roast dinner with lovely and friendly staff.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 87 which is near the kids and main pool. Has 2 steps going up to the ground floor apartment.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Val C
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Just returned Saturday 14th June. Me and my wife Lorraine spent a fortnight at Alisos Playa, and enjoyed our time there.The apartments were basic but roomy and clean, with a fridge,microwave,kettle,toaster and cooker and cooking utensils . we were all inclusive, but it is always good to have the odd Pot noodle,toast and your own coffee at hand. The food was basic, but usually found something to our needs, but as in all hotels etc you get sick of the same old routine so ate out few nights. The Staff were very friendly Catherine at reception, Antonio the manager,Andrea at kitchen/bar, William at bar/ kitchen and Jose (Mucho Loco) bar/ Kitchen and not forgetting the cleaning staff and maintenance who work so hard they all made us feel welcome from day one .There was no entertainment at apartments and bar shut at 11.00 pm but as we came for relaxing holiday was fine. Will be back again as we found the whole Holiday very relaxing

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple