“Good school, Good Instructors, lovely Shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Redshark

and up
Lobos Island: Stand Up Paddle and Snorkeling Experience from Fuerteventura
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Redshark is a professional kitesurfing and surfing center based in Corralejo, North Fuerteventura, a perfect place to enjoy your kite and surf holidays in the paradise of wind and waves, with white sandy beaches and nice temperature all year around.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Good school, Good Instructors, lovely Shop”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

Had a really Good Time with the red shark kite School , it was pretty windy and we decided to give the KITE a try. Both instructors m and j were real professional and after trying on the beach the 1st day we went with the boat to the open sea and the 3 day to a lagoon. Good fun! The shop on the road seems super equiped for kiter and some surfstuff.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Robbysnow

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Stay away”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

In brief: Paid for 4 days 12 hours beginners cours. In total I spent acually practicing with the kite for 2,5 hours for the 4 days. Save your time and spend your money elsewhere. Totally unprofessional!

Visited November 2013
4 Thank VAsil T
Redshark F, Direttore at Redshark, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Vasils group of 6 people had 2 teachers and where split in groups of 3 per instructor.
Some of the people showed not much interest to learn , it was just a 4 day fun group-holiday. Being in a group like this , the rhytm of the way of teaching is quite slow . The group was lucky with the wind, - they catched 4 days of strong wind (20-25 knots) , but the sea was quite rough - which is quite usual in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean during the Wintertime .

A GROUP COURSE consists of a group of people (up to max. 3 person / instructor). In a Beginnercourse you learn about Wind-theory, setting ups, safety systems, general navigation rules on the water (many topics you do talking!) . The students will not pass 3 hours each with a kite in the air. Normally you share 1 kite between 2 people, and 2 kites between 3 people
- in exceptions, when students have a really good kitecontrol (there are students and students !) , they get 1 kite each
A student learns by
1. Listening
2. Observing
3. Doing
The endresult of the course depends of
1. The students attention and hability to learn
2. Windcondition
3. Seaconditions

Teaching the same way we have people who can ride their 3rd day, but we also have people on their 3rd day who cannot hold the kite at 12 for 2 minutes.

We do our job in the best way we can, but we cannot control weather conditions neither students joy and desire of learning.
Inverurie
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good place to begin kitesurfing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

The team at Redshark, were very friendly and helpful. The equipment they provided was good, and the instruction from Andrea was excellent. I am planning on going back to Fuertaventura , and I will definitely be going back to Redshark to continue my instruction.

Visited July 2013
Review collected in partnership with this attraction

1 Thank Andyeaton1
Lucerne, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cool and pro”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2012

We just came back from there and were enchanted with our week. The team is nice, pro and very safety-focused. Instructors (all IKO) drive students to the best places to train given the wind and weather conditions and drive you back at the school after lessons. Material is of excellent quality and prices very reasonable. We had an apartment at the Casa del Mar residency, in front of the sea, 5 min from the center of Corralejo. We couldn't do the fourth day of the program because of the weather, so they offered us a surf day instead as we had paid 4-day course, fair enough. We really recommend Redshark for a non-complicated and nice sea & sun week for sport-oriented people!

Visited October 2012
1 Thank DianeM472
Corralejo, Spain
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“real professionals.. 100% fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2012

I finally decided to learn to kite properly... I have had lessons with others and never got anywhere other than being scared! The monitor was really friendly, and made me confident before I got near the water... we went on a boat for my first contact with water and he never left my side.... I was so happy... I got sailing in no time and felt really safe.. I would reccomend anyone who wants to learn safely to do it with redshark.. I got a proficiency card at the end of my lessons and will be back for more next year..

Visited August 2012