“Top Surfcamp / Hostel”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corralejo
Billabong Surf Camp & School
A TripAdvisor Member
“Top Surfcamp / Hostel”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

I already spent plenty of weeks in surfcamps and nobody was as helpful and caretaking as this guys here.. I will come back here! Of course its very good cause i met awesome people but even with just the staff its great! Every Tipp what they give you is honest and sometimes a bit hard to take but if you are open for a good feedback it helps you a lot! So what are waiting for?? :) Cheers Chili

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Right on the beach; the accommodation is varied; you can choose the shared dorms, or a private room upstairs or a whole apartment right next door (which I chose).
In the morning you come out to a fine view of the beach and just sea breeze; until 10 am when the surf camp staff switch on the music..
There is really a good ambiance here with friendly and knowledgeable staff catering to all levels of surf.
The Surfing lessons are good and we drove around a bit like the A-Team; looking for the spots with the best wave conditions for the day and level of ability.
I cannot fault the place except perhaps that it is a little pricey..

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank kaninhop
Brussels
Reviewed 23 January 2014

ok, I usually like off the beaten track places, but when (one of) the goals is meating people, staying at a place right on a fantastic sandy beach, and close enough from restaurants, bars and other convinence stores without being disturbed by the noise... Then this IS the place you are looking for!
The huge terrace has hamocks, fat boys, a nice BBQ, a sand part with a beach volley net and tables for eating out side.
Besides you can freely use the stand up paddle boards and kayaks. I always met great people there!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Bigben007_ch
münchen
Reviewed 19 October 2013

i cannot judge the surf camp as i did not surf with billabong, but did my own thing but i have to say that i felt very comfortable here. staff is very friendly and helpful. accomodation is fine, the place is spotless clean and the best is the beach just on the front door. highly recommended !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank windandwaves133
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I could not recommend Billabong Surf Camp in Corralejo MORE! My friend and I booked a 7 day Surf pack inc. accommodation for 7 nights and surf instruction for 6 days.
We arrived on a Sunday and were greeted by the lovely David! He was so welcoming and really made us feel as if we were staying with a friend rather than in rented accommodation. He showed us to our room, the shared bunk bed room facing the front deck and beach, which was lovely. Very clean, simply decorated and all we needed! He showed us the communal living room and kitchen area and gave us a lovely selection of breakfast food to last us whilst we were there, and some. So first impression couldn't have been better, and stayed the same throughout our stay, which ended up extending from 7 to 10nights!
Our surf lessons started on Monday morning with Gregor, who was really friendly and made sure to tailor his teaching approach to each student. Billabong has two surf instructors, Gregor who we spent 6 days with and Dani who's group we joined on one of the days, who's also a really amazing instructor. He sees everything and makes sure to tell you on how you can improve on your technique.

With this being a surf camp, we had the opportunity to meet so many lovely people from all over the world, and made some really great friends who we'll stay in touch with and are even planning a group reunion at Billabong to do it all over again at the end of the year!

I could go on and on about our stay at Billabong, but I'll stop now and just say that you have to experience it yourself to believe it. I can say that from my experience everyone who stays here, 1 - does not want to leave and 2 - has one of the best holidays they've ever had!

• Stayed May 2013
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 20 April 2013

This was place was absolutely brilliant - can't say enough about about it. Dani and David are very helpful and have made a great job of the hostel - there s a real friendly, warm atmosphere there between all the guests and the staff. Gregor knows every surf spot on the island and always seems to pick the right one - always gives you the right tips and good advice on the technical side that really push you on. Accomodation is brill and right on the beach - couldnt ask for more. You ll make friends no problem as well if you re travelling on your own. If you re looking for a surfcamp in the canarys,I d highly recommend this place - you ll have a great time there!

Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank conorgriff
Rimini, Italy
Reviewed 16 April 2013

The place was great! The friends I met at the camp were great! Dani, Greg and David are simply the best! I really had an incredible time at Billabong Surf Camp & School.

I would highly recommend the place to anyone, from beginner to experienced surfers.

I will be back real soon!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo