“Best surf school!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Billabong Surf Camp & School

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corralejo
Billabong Surf Camp & School
Riga, Latvia
“Best surf school!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

I went alone to Billabong Surf Camp on March. Stuff was very friendly and I felt like I would know them for long time. They made me feel like I came to a good friends house. The location is great, next to a beach. Sometimes the waves are good in front of the school and I could take surfboard and go surfing right in front of the surf camp. Also great they there is own yard with BBQ, sand and chairs. Most of the time the public beach is crowded by tourists and you can't find a free spot to stay, but here you wake up, go in the yard and it is all yours. Plenty of space and the see is just few meters from the yard.
Great surf instructors and the most important - good equipment. I have rented surf boards and wet suits in lot of places and always they are very old and wet suits are in bad condition (with holes). Here they are like brand new. I took my own with me, but I left it in bag, because the ones in surf school were very good.
Big bonus is also that they provide you with water, juice corn flakes and some other things. So once you arrive you don't have to go strait to supermarket. You have some food for the first days.
Other people who stay there are nice and very friendly. I had lot of good time with them. Good mix of different age and nationalities.

I recommend this surf school and I am going there again on September. It is that good!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Edgars Z

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Surrey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Billabong Surf School
On our first trip to Fueturventura last year and joining up with Billabong Surf school they were very keen to go back ... so much so our whole summer holiday was planned around going back to them. We were pleasantly surprised to see that the school had improved even more since last year e.g the facilities: cold drinks and flat screen TV in the now larger indoor area and a volleyball net,hammocks and barbeque facilities in the outdoor area adding a fantastic atmosphere. The instructors Danny and Gregor were brilliant and knew everything about the best surf spots as well as very friendly and plenty of banter making the lessons made it like they were hanging out with a group of mates instead of a structured lesson while still providing constructive imput as and when needed. Our sons embraced the whole experience - not just the lessons and said this topped all holidays so far in last couple of years!! The rest of the team (Katia and David) were always super friendly and willing to help with any enqiry or just a chat during the course of their days hanging out in the Billabong spot.... Adding independence to the boys yet in a safe environment with fantastic people. All of the team speak fluent Spanish and English so communication was never an issue with anything. The school also rent out S.U.P ( stand up paddle boards) and kayaks giving the options to do something else after lessons... if they are not already exhaused! We highly recommend Billabong Surf School for all ages... But for us keeping our teenager boys happy and busy on holiday.... Means only only one thing.... First stop Bilabong!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank zollyuk
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

I already spent plenty of weeks in surfcamps and nobody was as helpful and caretaking as this guys here.. I will come back here! Of course its very good cause i met awesome people but even with just the staff its great! Every Tipp what they give you is honest and sometimes a bit hard to take but if you are open for a good feedback it helps you a lot! So what are waiting for?? :) Cheers Chili

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

Right on the beach; the accommodation is varied; you can choose the shared dorms, or a private room upstairs or a whole apartment right next door (which I chose).
In the morning you come out to a fine view of the beach and just sea breeze; until 10 am when the surf camp staff switch on the music..
There is really a good ambiance here with friendly and knowledgeable staff catering to all levels of surf.
The Surfing lessons are good and we drove around a bit like the A-Team; looking for the spots with the best wave conditions for the day and level of ability.
I cannot fault the place except perhaps that it is a little pricey..

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank kaninhop
Brussels
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014

ok, I usually like off the beaten track places, but when (one of) the goals is meating people, staying at a place right on a fantastic sandy beach, and close enough from restaurants, bars and other convinence stores without being disturbed by the noise... Then this IS the place you are looking for!
The huge terrace has hamocks, fat boys, a nice BBQ, a sand part with a beach volley net and tables for eating out side.
Besides you can freely use the stand up paddle boards and kayaks. I always met great people there!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Bigben007_ch
münchen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

i cannot judge the surf camp as i did not surf with billabong, but did my own thing but i have to say that i felt very comfortable here. staff is very friendly and helpful. accomodation is fine, the place is spotless clean and the best is the beach just on the front door. highly recommended !

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank windandwaves133
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

I could not recommend Billabong Surf Camp in Corralejo MORE! My friend and I booked a 7 day Surf pack inc. accommodation for 7 nights and surf instruction for 6 days.
We arrived on a Sunday and were greeted by the lovely David! He was so welcoming and really made us feel as if we were staying with a friend rather than in rented accommodation. He showed us to our room, the shared bunk bed room facing the front deck and beach, which was lovely. Very clean, simply decorated and all we needed! He showed us the communal living room and kitchen area and gave us a lovely selection of breakfast food to last us whilst we were there, and some. So first impression couldn't have been better, and stayed the same throughout our stay, which ended up extending from 7 to 10nights!
Our surf lessons started on Monday morning with Gregor, who was really friendly and made sure to tailor his teaching approach to each student. Billabong has two surf instructors, Gregor who we spent 6 days with and Dani who's group we joined on one of the days, who's also a really amazing instructor. He sees everything and makes sure to tell you on how you can improve on your technique.

With this being a surf camp, we had the opportunity to meet so many lovely people from all over the world, and made some really great friends who we'll stay in touch with and are even planning a group reunion at Billabong to do it all over again at the end of the year!

I could go on and on about our stay at Billabong, but I'll stop now and just say that you have to experience it yourself to believe it. I can say that from my experience everyone who stays here, 1 - does not want to leave and 2 - has one of the best holidays they've ever had!

• Stayed May 2013