“best way to see the north island!”

Eco Buggy & Camel Dunas
More attraction details
Owner description: Eco Buggy , Quad and Safari Camel. Fun and unforgettable safari among breathtaking landscapes. The standard Safari goes on the track between a series of six volcanoes – with a short break on the edge of a crater to shoot photos – to the Wild West looking area called ' Arizona' the through the lava fields it reaches the sand dunes of the Jable desert, and the high cliffs of Flag Beach in El Cotillo. The north shore is next, starting from the white sand beaches around the lagoons and the stunning black volcanic bays on the way to fisherman's village Majanicho. 45 minutes break half way for lunch (not included in the price) or to visit the town of El Cotillo. Road 3%, cross county 97%.Total Tour Time 4 hours. Also 2 hours and 2,5 hours with camel safari across the dunes of corralejo. This tour is availeble only by the electric eco buggy twizy.
Brighton, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“best way to see the north island!”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Brilliant 2hrs tour for 40euros. 25mins mins then stopped at lajares and had the option to walk up a hill and get amazing views. Then drove another 45mins (little bit on the road) and stopped at a small fishing village. Had a great time! Obviously very dusty so good idea to have something over your mouth/nose.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank lmaughan

Phuket, Thailand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“No insurance and no vehicle maintenance equals death or injury.”
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

After seeing xquad claimed full insurance we booked a 4 hour tour. Less than 10 minutes into the tour despite a crash free 20+ year history of motorcycling, I was unable to control the bike when the steering failed (at a relatively low speed), firing us off the road into a 6ft ditch. I was lucky to survive, after months and months in hospitals in Fuertaventura and the UK I am still unable to walk 6 months later.
X Quad do not have "full insurance at all, they have no medical insurance whatsoever. Owner Ian Gadd will not assist you, you will need to sue the company for injuries, which is expensive and difficult. My tour was adrenalin pumped as I lay in a ditch with a broken leg and knee for 40 minutes then an hours ride to hospital, the most extreme day of my life. This could have been avoided if they maintained their vehicles and used the correct wheels and tyres and hadn't "modified" the brakes to the point of failure.

Visited February 2014
18 Thank Adamistravelling
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“UNSAFE QUADS DO NOT USE!”
Reviewed 13 February 2014 via mobile

Please BEWARE THEY DO NOT HAVE FULL INSURANCE, even though they claim to have it. We came with a group of friends, we are all adventurous and have been on quads many times before. We went on a 4 hour tour. It was terrible. The quads we were given looked very shoddy and unsafe. The tour guide had a spanner in his hand and was constantly adjusting things on the quads. There were a number of mechanical problems with a few quads whilst on the tour. To top it all off one of the other quads came off the road into a ditch as his steering seized.....ambulance was called! I DO NOT recommend this dodgy company. They charge alot of money and have no concern for peoples safety and their quads and buggys are not maintained properly. Use at your own risk!

10 Thank Mary E
Verwood, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Never too old to give it a go”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

We had a four hour trip driving a dune buggy. We are over sixty and had a great time. Guide was great.

Visited January 2014
Colchester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“The Absolute WORST Quad Rental ANYWHERE”
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

So where do we start...
Background, I grew up on a farm so have been around ATV's since childhood right back to the early 80's and the old Honda ATC trikes!
Since then I've imported quads myself from the Far East to the UK for many years so I'm not exactly a stranger to quad bikes and off roading.

Anyway I'll stop waffling on and get down to the review.

We booked a 2 hour trip on the Monday and travelled up from Caleta de Fuste by car on the Friday for the trip/excursion and had mixed expectations as to what to expect. My other half has been on a similar excursion in the past in Egypt, but as for me even though I've grown up around ATV's I'd never been on a "holiday excursion" on quad bikes.

We were greeted and shown to our quad bikes and after a quick rundown of what to do and what not to do we set off in convoy. Our guide on a quad leading, two buggies, and me and my other half on quad bikes.

A short road trip to the outskirts of Corralejo and we hit gravel and hills which was pretty good, and continued off road to the base of the volcano and surrounding area. Lovely views, and so far so good. That's when it went downhill, and not the roadway we were driving on either.
The guide decided to let the buggies follow him which left us behind them and unable to see anything due to the amount of dust and grit that they threw up. Surely it would have been sensible to have the buggies follow the quads for this reason alone!

As we continued about 45 mins in we arrived at a pre planned stop which was obviously some kind of friend/family of the guide and greeted with roaming dogs, stinking donkeys and animal excrement everywhere! We were told that it was a 10 minute break so we declined photos with the stinky donkeys and the offer to buy any refreshments in the shop/lean to and waited by the quads for us to leave. 10 mins turned into 25 and we eventually moved on towards the coast again. This is where things went from bad to seriously worse.

One of the buggies broke down which left us both behind it and the guide and the lead buggie a good km up the road totally oblivious to what had happened. My other half went ahead to tell the guide and a short time later I followed. Half way up the road my quad lost all drive and just ground to a halt, I stopped and was stranded so had a look and knowing these quads very very well I knew immediately what had happened. The main drive in the gearbox had snapped and the quad was rendered useless. This is a common problem with kymco quads as they use the same generic engine and gearbox that all of the Taiwan/Chinese quads use, and if they aren't maintained properly they just fail time after time. The amount of warranty claims I had when I sold the very same quads for the same reason was astronomical and one of the reasons why I stopped selling ATV's!
Anyway, the guide obviously got the buggy running and came back to me. Spent 30 seconds looking at my quad and said we tow you, then magically produced a tow rope which he attached to my quad and my other halfs and told her to tow me then set off and left us!
So they all bomb off and we end up crawling along on tow. We then get to the coast and change to off road and the guide who has now stopped expects us to tow my quad over terrain and up and down hills, not exactly safe considering the brakes on any of these quads aren't exactly a1. Speaking of brakes, when we were greeted back at x quad hq and shown the quads, the chap there said they disconnect the footbrake because people wear them out. Alarm bells should have been ringing back then!
So we head off into the sand dunes and hills again on tow whilst the others have a fantastic time... Until the same buggy breaks down yet again and we have to wait for them to get it running again.. Admittedly that gave us time to catch up.

So we are now within spitting distance of Corralejo and can see the town and the chap from x quad hq turns up with another quad and we swap over, and the guide tows my broken quad in. So literally I have the last 10 mins on a running quad and have missed the majority of the tour because I was being towed.

We returned to x quad hq and the guide jumps off his quad and starts giving everyone high 5's and smiling and laughing. I can't say we felt the same enthusiasm and excitement after such an experience.

Literally feeling like I've just set fire to 4x €20 notes, I went into the office/shed to say how disappointed we both were and that we felt we deserved a refund as the trip was totally spoilt and ruined to which the chap deliberated then said you can have €15 euros back but you'll have to go down to the booking office down the other end of town and get some of that from them. Immediately expressing my discust, I decline and walk away to which he offers €20 instead which I don't even acknowledge and walk away with my other half in discust.

In a nutshell this is a shoddy, badly run, half baked kind of company that are using damaged and unsafe quads that regularly brake down.

My advice is read previous reviews with similar experiences and stay away. It'll no doubt end in tears!

16 Thank LouisVuittonFan