“Wish I could rate it 0. AVOID!!!”

La Cantina Mexicana
Ranked #269 of 381 Restaurants in Corralejo
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

I have never recieved such disgusting service in all my life!

We arrived at 10pm for a later dinner after my heavily pregnant sister had rested enough. We were all looking forward to Mexican food as we always go out for a Mexican when we go on holiday.

The lady who 'greeted' us (I say this as she didnt greet so much as point to a table). When she came back we asked if we could sit at a bigger table so we could get the pushchair out the way of other diners. She just bluntly said 'no'.
We ordered drinks and she seemed annoyed that we didn't all order a drink. We then ordered our food. We thought it was great that you could choose your own level of spice. But halfway through us ordering, she started talking to other diners and clearly wasnt listening.
When the food came, they brought 2 wrong meals. When we queried this she just looked at us like she was really annoyed that we were saying this. She didn't offer to rectify her mistake. Instead, she just argued that we had ordered what she brought out. She said "well why would you say what spice you want if you wanted fajitas? They just come with sauces" HOW WERE WE TO KNOW HOW THEY SEASON THE FAJITAS??
Not to cause a fuss, we ate the meals served to us, not nice food at all! All the while we were eating she was rushing around packing things up. She clearly didn't want any of the diners to be there!
When we had stopped eating she came over and said "Done??" - just like that!! We got the bill, gave no tip (I ALWAYS leave a tip) and left.

This resturant clearly doesnt care about repeat business! Rude, arrogant staff (I think she was the owner!!). Didnt admit HER mistake, and still charged us full price! Dont waste a night eating here. Avoid at all costs!

There are newer reviews for La Cantina Mexicana

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I was there last year and loved it, it was fantastic! This year however I was a little disappointed by it all, my partner however wasn't so we've mixed feelings on it! I would go back though my starter was tasty and there was nothing wrong with my main it just wasn't what I expected! I'm a little all over the place on this review but I think it's one of those places I'll have to go back to to try again to be sure!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The food and service were ok nothing too special. It was reasonably priced and of reasonable quality. It is decorated in Mexican style but a bit out of place in the location of the restaurant. All told not the worst place I have been to but certainly not the best.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Had my birthday tea here and wasnt dissapointed, food was amazing, reasonably priced, waiter even recommended the house wine! The cheese jalapeno poppers will never be beaten, was even asked how spicy we wanted everything. Staff were perfect even gave us sombreros to pose in photos and took the picture of us together, would definately recommend a visit if your in town!

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Mexican food isn't the most difficult to cook but I have had some very poor experiences (see my review of the Rock Cafe). The food here was pretty good - not stunning - but perfectly edible and at a decent price.

The restaurant is decorated as an old Mexican cantina and as such is one of the more interesting places around to eat.

I didn't particularly enjoy the view from outside though. The bar is tucked away off the main street in a cul-de-sac of about half a dozen bars and restaurants. It's opposite an English pub so if you're sat outside you have the joy of observing the various comings and goings of those catching up on their soaps whilst getting as drunk as possible. My advice is to go slightly earlier in the evening - I'd imagine it gets worse the later the night gets!