We stayed again in this hotel for 1 week - not because we like itso much but because the location is just fantastic. Together with the Riu Oliva Beach these two hotels are located directly on the Grandes Playas where the sea is beautiful and perfect to swim in and the beach simply perfect. Distance to Corralejo approx 7 km, bus station near by, by taxi approx 7-9 Euros.
The hotel is old and in urgent need for a thorough renovation. The elevators are small and rattly, WLAN was broken one day and on the others extremely slow. It is available only in the lobby, there it is free. The sliding door to the balcony in our room could not be locked, information to the reception brought no result. They charge 25 Euros per week for the safe in the room, which I find is outrageous, a deposit of valuables at reception is not possible. Breakfast and dinner buffet are good.
Riu is regularly increasing the prices and on the same time pushing down service features.
With the exception of 2 or 3 staff members at reception, staff in general is very friendly and really makes an effort.
Most of the guests are "regulars" and have long reached their pension age.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located 5 km from Corralejo * Renovated in summer 2007 * 5-storey building * Situated on Grandes Playas sand dune beach * 5 km from various shops * 35 km from the airport * 300 m from a bus stop ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Tres Islas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Tres Islas Hotel Corralejo
- Riu Palace Tres Islas Corralejo
- Hotel Riu Palace Tres Islas Fuerteventura/Corralejo