Hotel Riu Palace Tres Islas
US$79
US$74
bedfinder
1,759 results
All reviewskrystal restaurantpiano barsea viewsand duneshouse bandrelaxing holidayglass of bubblyevening entertainmenthalf boardgerman guestsr raverage agenearest townbreakfast and dinnerfantastic beachkite surfingsmall supermarket
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 June 2014

3rd time visited in the last ten years. When we need a chill out break this hotel ticks all the boxes. Immaculately clean, friendly and accommodating staff. Went via Thomson this time and the whole package went really well. The only fly in the sun cream; the wifi access was really poor, tiny area on the ground floor with hit and miss access to the internet. When will holiday hotels realise wifi is as much about leisure and keeping in contact as business. This didn't spoil our break in the sun. the hotel is beautifully situated on the a fabulous beach, the food was excellent with the Krystal restaurant a lovely alternative to the main eating experience

Room Tip: Always stipulate a sea view, stunning
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Roy W
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We visited the hotel from 28 May to 4 June 2014. For my wife and I the hotel was perfect.
The rooms are clean and if you are lucky enough to get a sea view looking towards Lanzarote along the sandy beach, the outlook is spectacular. Walks along the sandy beaches in both directions are rewarding, particularly to Corralego.
Food is exceptional. The specialist restaurant, available at no extra cost is worth a try.
The pool is a little chilly but just right to cool off after sun bathing. Facilities are tennis courts and a wellness centre which are high quality. However this is all there is and if you want music and games all day, this is not the hotel for you.
Evening entertainment is sedate, with a group for dancing and an occasional visiting act.
For couples wanting relaxation, it is perfect. However, it is not forfmilies.

3  Thank Adrian1951
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I visited this Hotel 14-28 May 2014. We booked through our local Thomson shop as a change from the internet. We paid for a seaview room and on our behalf, Thomson requested: high floor, quiet, with a double bed. I emailed the Hotel Reception separately 3 weeks before our holiday requesting a suite upgrade quoting our RIU Diamond Card. When we arrived we had indeed been upgraded to a suite, sadly on the 2nd floor (out of 6 floors), directly above the entertainment and single beds. My wife went straight down to Reception to explain that the room was not satisfactory. Fortunately the next day we moved to a standard room on the 6th floor that was indeed quiet, shame still 2 single beds, waste of the Diamond Card upgrade.

Positives: Good food, friendly chefs and waiters. Room cleanliness was superb and the maids, as in most Hotels excellent. Pool/sunbed guys once again outstanding, always willing to help with mattresses/towels etc. Nothing to do with the Hotel but the beach is wonderful.

Negatives: I agree with the ealier reviewer about the jacuzzi, my wife refused to go in after seing babies in nappies with no rubber outer being taken in by parents. My wife did complain, as did several people we spoke to. Result? Yes, more babies!

Never really had anything to do with Reception apart from arrival and the room move, that is until nearing the end of our holiday. There seems to be a trend here as we had problems with late check out. Again using my RIU Card I requested a late check out, until approx 3.00pm, was told the Hotel is full we cannot provide. I questioned how the Hotel had so miraculously become full, as during our stay it seemed half empty, he agreed it was "nearly full", but no late check out available. I ended up pulling my RIU Card out and throwing it on the floor telling him it was a total waste of time and walked off, yes to be honest in a huff. Went up to our room, within I guess 5 mins my wife came up to say the Reception guy had been to see her and we had been given a late check out room. Why oh why did he make us go through those hoops instead of just saying yes we can give you one just give me a minute to sort it. A good friend of mine who is a Hotel Receptionist told me that the most important time for a Hotel to get a good/positive report is your last day and if that is wrong it can sour all that has gone previously, how true.

To sum up, we enjoyed our time at the Hotel, didn't use the entertainment as during our 1st night we heard it all from our bed and were not impressed! I am afraid I have to agree with many many other reviewers that Reception staff are not the best, unless you hand over your passport with money sticking out of it: yes saw it on 2 occasions. I class that as different to tipping, sorry but yes they were both Germans, bless. Having re-read my review I must point out that at no time did we have any personality clashes or issues with the Recpeption staff, it was simply that when we wanted something it all became too difficult.

Room Tip: Top floor (6th but lift only to 5th so steps), sea view, not suite as they are rubbish with a small sitting room not really of any use, better to have anice seaview room.
5  Thank Blue072
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Excellent staff, very clean but sadly in need of an update. Pools freezing. Lift only goes to 5th floor we were on 6th. All beds on casters!!!! Room small. Evening entertainment dreadful. Not a place for families or people who want to enjoy evening nightlife. A taxi ride from town which is not worth visiting. Fabulous beaches but very windy.

Room Tip: We paid extra for a sea view with balcony but the room was small and a standard double bed which was on wheels!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank 100SarahL100
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Just returned from riu palace, very relaxing, the beach fantastic with clear blue seas, hotel in lovely position. Very good choice of food and waiting staff we're very attentive. Rooms were very clean, and the view from the room was awesome towels changed every day. Now the down side to this holiday. Entertainment we'll what can I say duo on every night singing the same songs and a few theme nights but not much better. The day of the checkout reception staff were very rude and unhelpful, as my husband and I have special needs we asked several days in advance to be able to pay to keep our room on or have another room as we had an eight hour wait before we went to the airport all the reception said was no you can have a courtesy room but only for thirty minutes. On asking other guests they were allowed to keep their room. The rep did not help us at all with this problem, the last day really spoilt our holiday. Just more thing it has two jacuzzi clearly stating under sixteens strictly forbidden but rule was completely ignored and there were children in armbands and babies with dirty nappies, several guests complained but nothing was done.

Room Tip: Do not pay for a upgrade as nearly all rooms have sea view. Try to get a high floor room.
2  Thank JaneandRon2014