“Summer Vacation”

Hotel Riu Palace Tres Islas
Ranked #11 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Nice lobby and rooms. All rooms have a nice Ocean view with balcony. Two big swimming pools.
Very clean and large beach...very easy access from hotel gardens. Weather is always around 23 celcius and 20-22 at night. Bit windy, but very cool and enjoyable on beach. Wi-Fi only in Lobby.

1  Thank Gary S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,689)

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I love going to this hotel.
It's location on the awesome beach makes it special. The hotel cleanliness is excellent as are the staff and service. The food choice is really good, even though a little repetitive over two weeks. They offer a special a la carte night at the hotel, which is ok but not worth visiting for, except for a change?
My only real negative is the real lack of quality wifi, it's only available in the reception area which makes it almost useless if you have to do a little work when you are away like I have to!
Still worth a visit, been there twice now and will probably return again!

Room Tip: Make sure you get a sea view and opt for the second sitting from 8.30pm
3  Thank Mark C
Reviewed 1 August 2014

I have booked this hotel by Tui Germany, it is large, Very nice hotel, fantastic view from rooms with sea view (i recomend to pay a little bit more and get such room). People 90% between 50-70 years old mainly from Germany and UK. Food very good, friendly atmosphere, no kids, disco, shows. Just to relax

Room Tip: With sea view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank wkulisz
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We have been going to this hotel circa 2/3 times a year (retired) and we can again say you get true value at the Tres Islas we have already book to return the week before Christmas we love the hotel so much.
Check in was FAULTLESS and we were rememberd by the staff which was a nice start to the holiday, Check in took minuets and bags were at the room as we arrived.
As I mentioned before retiring I was Global sales manager for large international company and have stayed in the best hotels all over the world and if I sing a hotels praise believe me it must be good !! Obviously it's not a 5 star London / American hotel but then your not paying £450.00 a night room only.
The staff at this hotel are FANTASTIC bar none and nothing is to much trouble for them in an effort to provide a great relaxing holiday.
Cleaning staff do a fantastic job and it shows by the total cleanliness of the entire hotel great staff and your efforts are greatly appreciated.
We stayed 16th - 26th July few cloudy mornings but overall weather was great 29c in shade temperature at 5pm.
Pools very good two large pools one children's pool and Jacuzie .
Sun beds are plentifully and we never had a problem finding a nice spot.
The hote us right on the beach which is on par with any caribean beach I have seen with clear turquoise water great for a cool down .
Food is of a VERY HIGH standard and caters for all tastes You will not be disappointed with the food and it's hot which is more than we can say for other hotels we have stayed in.
The hotel would not suite if you are looking for loud music and noisy daytime activities and age group I would guess is circa 35-75 a few children at the hotel ( which has a kiddies club) and on the whole the majority of Children were very well behaved.
However while we were there ( came back 26th July) one family thought it was acceptable to allow their 2 girls circa 4 and 6 years old to run around the dance floor and bar area screaming I understand the children are on holiday but please remember others with no children are to and running around wild screaming I consider unfair.
If your considering booking this hotel then don't consider just book it and look forward to a great relaxing holiday total value for money.
As others have stated the hotel is outside the town taxi is circa 7 euro or you can catch a bus at the main road . Car hire costs circa £190.00 for 14 days if you book online with car hire from the airport .
One last point on previous reports other people have said the hotel favours our German Friends please DO NOT BELIEVE this they do not show any favour one way or the other all are treated the same with respect and help if needed obviously if no respect is shown by the holiday maker things may be different but a few kind words go a long way

Room Tip: Hight floor Sea view worth paying the extra
9  Thank GOLDSTAR7
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

I came to the Riu Tres Islas with my boyfriend for a weeks stay and booked through Thompson on a package deal.

On arrival at the hotel we were greeting with cava and our suitcases were brought to our room for us. Disappointingly we were given a room with a view overlooking the carpark and not the sea. When we rang reception to see if we could change, they said we could upgrade for €40 a night, which we thought there would be no point for this expense.

The staff are very friendly and helpful if you need anything. However one thing that was irritating was that when we got to dinner that first evening, no one had told us you have an assigned table for the duration of your stay at dinner time. We were advised on arrival we had a 8.30pm sitting however were not told that you had to wait to be seated. This was rather embarassing having to be moved to another table after we had sat down. They should tell you this on check-in when they give you a seating time. There is also a 6.30pm seating time which we would not have been happy with as this is far too early for us.

The food is brilliant and we couldn't fault it. Plenty of choice and we had no complaints at all. Everyday we found something we liked. Lots of different pasta and sauces, salad, meats and veg. Plus breakfast had everything you can imagine.

The posh restaurant Krystal can be booked twice during your stay and we went once. There are 12 tables and you have to book through reception. The meal was nice however there is absolutely no atmosphere at all, everyone is silent or whispering to one another. If there was some music in the background it would have made the meal so much more enjoyable. It was a nice change from the main restaurant to break up the week however we didn't feel the need to book for a second evening.

The pool area is lovely however there needs to be more umbrellas. Plenty of towels down with no one sitting there but we always managed to get 2 sunbeds but just struggled to get an umbrella. When we did get one it wasn't very stable and it blew on top of us cutting my boyfriend's big toe and i had a huge scratch down my foot. Can't help the winds in Fuertaventura!

The jacuzzi is lovely and we tended to stay to the left of that nearer the front on the sand. There are always free beds down there with a bit of shade.

The location is a bit out of the way. The walk into the main strip of Corralejo is just over an hour if you walk the road way. If you go the rear of the hotel and walk to the left on the beach this takes longer however is a nice walk (this is a nudist beach though). There are a few bars and restaurants in Corralejo but it's not that lively. We went into Corralejo a few times and to the market which was a waste of time - one of the worst markets I've probably been to.

There is a bus service every half hour which takes 2minutes and costs 1.40€ each one way. If you walk down where a half built building is, there is a small shopping centre with normally a band playing and a few places to drink - great atmosphere!

The only downside to the hotel that we found is the sham arrangement of having a room to change in if you have a late flight. They do not allow late check outs. We went to get a room at 3.30pm to get ready as the coach left at 5.30pm. We thought this would leave us with more than enough time to get ready and then to sit and have a drink before the coach. No chance of that, as we were told they only had 6 rooms available and they were all occupied and there were 4 other couples/families ahead of us in the queue. We were told just before 4pm that a room was free. We then had to make our way to the 6th floor with our suitcases and realised the lift only goes upto the 5th floor. We then had to carry our cases up another flight of stairs. The room was filthy and still had a few things in and dirty towels all over the bathroom. This had clearly been used by a couple and not cleaned prior to being used by guests who needed a shower before leaving! I jumped in the shower and as soon as I got out and my partner got in, we had a call from reception asking how long we were going to be as people were waiting. This is not acceptable and we then rushed to get ready. The hairdryer also overheated whilst i dried my hair and cut out which made it even more stressful. Why can't they just allow people with late flights to have a late check out and use their own room? It just seemed a bit ridiculous and we were very hot and bothered rushing around.

Apart from the last day, we had an extremely pleasant stay. You can't really fault the staff and the hotel itself. But note that the wifi is extremely poor and only works in the reception area - they really need to have this throughout the whole hotel and pool area.

I would say this hotel is suitable for anyone - families, couples and younger couples. We are in our mid-late twenties and thought it had everything we needed. I would definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a pleasant stay in Fuertaventura.

Stayed: July 2014
11  Thank Kdradoodle
Reviewed 13 July 2014

spectacular location, beach in like in Caraibe !! too much food at the buffet, friendly staff, great with kids...
for people with babies, the pools are to cold.

all in all, very good value for the money.

Room Tip: rooms above the bar are noisy at night
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Razzvvaann
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I have just come back from staying a week with my daughter. This was a very enjoyable holiday where the staff was so friendly and could not do enough for you. This is my second holiday at this hotel and can recommend it for mother and daughter holidays and also couples holidays, I will definitely be returning again. My only negative with this holiday was with Thomson holidays whom I have booked with on numerous occasions and been extremely happy, but this time was not a good experience. When I booked the holiday and paid for it, it did not state until after payment that we was with Norwegian airlines and could not enter passport info or book seats prior to departure. This caused problems with the travel process and did cause unnecessary stress. I feel that I did not receive what I was expecting before payment. Update your website Thomson and don't deceive your very loyal passengers.

Room Tip: Sea view ask for high floor
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family