Just returned from 11 nights at the tres islas. The hotel is beautiful, the beach is amazing and it was a great stay.
A lot of reviews say the hotel is predominantly Germans- when we went it was roughly 60% german 40% English families! but I can imagine that outside of school holidays the hotel is mostly german.
Check in was really speedy, given drinks and our cases were dropped at our room which was on the 5th floor. Personally I wouldn't pay extra for a sea view. We didn't and had an amazing view of the sand dunes and we actually kind of got a sea view without paying! We didn't spend much time in the room anyway so I would say it's not worth it.
The food was amazing. Breakfast was the usual cooked buffet, meats cheeses bread cereals, fresh smoothies etc, with chefs cooking omelettes and pancakes how you wanted. Dinner had a great choice with something for everyone from pizzas and pasta to rabbit, goat, octopus if you're more adventurous . The snack bar at lunch was reasonably priced but the menu slightly limited.
The rooms were pretty good. 3 of us shared a room and that meant some furniture shuffling to fit in a campbed, but apart from that I found the rooms were clean and spacious.
The pools were great, people did reserve sun beds but it wasn't too bad. You could get sun beds up till around 10:30 am. The pools weren't too busy and the hotel is literally right on the beach. The beach is beautiful, I wouldn't bother paying for beds on the beach as you can just walk back into the hotel. The sea is great for surfing/body boarding, but it's very strong and sometimes impossible to swim in unless you're a good swimmer. I wouldn't buy your own body boards as you can borrow them from the mini club.
The thing letting the hotel down is the entertainment. Nearly every single night without fail a middle aged couple called Paloma Sang on stage, it got extremely tedious. You will go home with an extensive knowledge of german karaoke. In any other hotel this wouldn't be the main show, it would be the background music at a smaller bar or at dinner. You'd have thought a decent hotel like this could afford better entertainment. They got other acts in roughly every 3 days, such as bee gees tribute bands, Beijing acrobats (who basically just juggled a few hats) and some African dance group. There isn't really anything to do in the evenings apart from watch the show, corralejo is a bit of a dump and you aren't within walking distance of anywhere.
Finally, I didn't have a problem with the wifi. Yes it had poor range, but I could often get it from the pool and found it fairly fast. The entertainment is what's holding me back from 5 *.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Half-Board Hotel Riu Palace Tres Islas opens all year round and is located in a fascinating dune scenery with beautiful long, broad beach Grandes Playas on Fuerteventura's north coast, near the "Parque Natural de Corralejo". RIU Palace is the most elegant category in the RIU hotel chain, with hotels that meet the highest standards in terms of luxury, excellence and sophistication, creating a unique experience. The location is ideal due to its proximity to Fuerteventura Airport (35km) and Corralejo (5km) and invites you to explore the area. The hotel has 372 cozily furnished rooms with free Wi-Fi and offers many amenities. Relax in our spa, or get in shape in the gym. 2 outdoor pools and 1 children's pool. Day and evening entertainment. For lovers of gastronomy, we offer live cooking stations at our main buffet restaurant, the Krystal Fusion Restaurant, as well as 3 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Tres Islas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Tres Islas Hotel Corralejo
- Riu Palace Tres Islas Corralejo
- Hotel Riu Palace Tres Islas Fuerteventura/Corralejo