“Excellent Experience”

Ranked #17 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Rui Oliva Beach from 7 to 14 March 2012. We payed extra for a sea view and were allocated a room which overlooked the Tres Islas Hotel. It was a beautiful view, but unfortunately, there was not any sun on the balcony. We asked for a transfer to the other side of the building. This was not a problem to the reception staff and the view was exquisite. We cannot praise the staff enough. From Marissa, who cleaned our room, who was always happy, cheerful and singing, to Mari in the restaurant, who always made sure that there were two glasses of chilled white wine waiting on the table for us. It was a lovely holiday. We would definitely return and put up with the Germans, who unfortunately, still do not have a sense of humour, still do not queue and still get up very early to reserve the sunbeds.

Room Tip: Ask for a room which overlooks the beach and the sand dunes. In March, you are guaranteed to have s...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
9 Thank PaulWBAFan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (917)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
chester
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Just returned from a week stay, We stayed in room 520 which over looked the pool,sea and sand perfect! We booked with firstchoice at £380 each all inclusive for the week, I tend to write the reviews on how much a holiday cost me so I can be honest. I think if you book with firstchoice or thomson you end up in the annex bit which to me was very family based, I emailed the hotel before I left to see if they could but me in the main hotel and they did at no extra cost! This review I feel would be alot different if I ended up in the annex bit as I don't go on holiday to hear other people's children!
The hotel itself is dated! it's very clean the staff are lovely.
The food is 3 star it's not bad but it's not great, you can survive but I would of stuggled if I stayed longer then a week. The chinese resturant was really nice but you need to book at 7am the day before you want to go!
Location is lovely but very windy on some days, plus the sunbeds in the non windy bits of hotel were taken by 6 in the morning!!
Would I return? yes if I could get it at the same price, don't pay over the odd's to stay here.

Room Tip: pool view high floor
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank hannahnightmare
UK
Reviewed 21 March 2012

Well what can you say about the beaches around here? Just perfect, and the sand-dunes are beautiful. If you are after somewhere calming/serene you must visit this place. The hotel is good, I've been there about three times now so they must be doing something right. There is a good choice of food especially as they have the Mandarin, Canarian and normal restaurants. Rooms are good, the views are stunning. Oh but make sure you get a high floor and stay away from the car park/loading area as it can be a bit noisy. Another good aspect to its location is that it isn't too far (short ride in a taxi or a bit of a walk if you're up for it) from the main town of Corralejo (full of bars, shops, restaurants and I'm sure a few clubs). Don't miss the in-hotel disco/club thing they've got on certain nights, its good fun, nearly every time I've been there I ended up in a dancing circle. One of my few criticisms is the other entertainment. The shows are usually put on by the staff, from what I can tell, and though they may work hard it just isn't very good. Overall a very good stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise problems and better views! Book the themed restaurants in advance.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Holly F
wilmslow cheshire
Reviewed 13 March 2012

My husband and I have just returned from a lovely holiday here in corralejo.
It was our first time on the island and I was very impressed.
We were in a room in the annexe part of the hotel and the views over the dunes were incredible. I loved doing my yoga every morning on our balcony overlooking the dunes and sea.
The white sandy beaches are gorgeous and the sea is a rich aquamarine.
We went snorkelling on Los lobos the volcanic island just off the corralejo coast.
The staff at the hotel were extremely hard working, they literally never stop all day and the hotel is so clean.
It was so nice to get away from the cold grey uk. My hair is now very blonde and I have a fabulous golden brown tan.
I would love to return and will probably go back the same time next year for the first week in march.

• Stayed February 2012
17 Thank natjg
Warwick
Reviewed 12 March 2012

Perfect location for me - on edge of a huge sand dune and on the beach. Great view from hotel (top floor in my case).

Plenty of sun-loungers and sunny terraces in the grounds of the hotel, amongst palm trees, good swimming pool.

All the staff were really courteous, helpful, hard-working and efficient. Hotel really clean and tidy.

Being an all-inclusive hotel, no money needed unless you wanted to buy things from one of the several on-site shops - boutiques/kiosks.

Self-service buffet meals were a delight, particularly the huge range of healthy salads. Not too impressed by the Italian selection (pasta/pizza) and the grill/fried food section was interesting (though some things were better than others) but if you were careful in your choice you could invent yourself some very interesting appetising yet totally different meals each day, whether it was breakfast, lunch or dinner, without repeating.

On-tap beer was OK, on-tap red wine and cava just about passable. Cocktail bar was a treat with efficient, friendly bar-tenders and a good range of drinks. One thing I didn't like in the hotel was the expresso coffee, as it had a strange taste (unlike any coffee I'd tasted before), so I kept away from it and stuck with tea!

I enjoyed the multi-cultural aspect of the hotel and that native-English speakers were in a distinct minority. This allowed me to try out my Spanish, German and French on fellow residents!

The evening entertainment was different each night, and was by and large very enjoyable, with a variety of song, dance, drama. What I particularly liked was the enthusiasm and natural talent of the performers (who I believe worked at the hotel during the day as e.g. sports coaches).

Not an obvious thing to do, but I found trudging around the sand dunes away from the coast to be very enjoyable. It's quite a large area but you can't get lost and there's a lot of wild-life out there if you look for the tracks in the sand. Occasionally you come across a huge sand dune, totally untouched and pristine, like it was the real Sahara.

I'd be happy to return to this hotel again, though a few weeks later when I'd hope it would be warmer.

Room Tip: In the main part of the hotel, the higher up, the better view you will have.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
6 Thank RogerWhit
lanarkshire
Reviewed 12 March 2012

myself husband and 3 yr old daughter stayed her for 1 week on 22nd february 2012
We knew it was further out which is not a problem as a taxi to the centre is approx 7 euros and when you are all inclusive you tend to use the hotel more.
We stayed in the annex. The annex is very spacious very clean but does need sum updating cracks in walls ect and bath tub had seen better days however as i said clean and comftable and ideal for a family it was more expensive to stay in the hotel but we were glad to pick the annexx as the hotels pool is a bit open and when a wind got up it would have been to cold to sit there in the winter where as the annex was surrounded by trees and rooms and it was much warmer. weather was great always over the 80's. Entertainment team very funny and work really hard my daughter loved the mini disco.
Food there great but wasnt alot of variety but you would never go hungry as what was on offer was very good.
breakfast was every possible style of eggs you can imagine, pancakes fruit and cereal etc but you couldnt really have a full breakfast as only on 1 day there was the german sausage thing and some mixed meats the next but as i said still great quality and this didnt bother us
Lunch in snack bar never really changed the full week toasties pizza burger pasta garlic breads salads and ice cream which again was fine for us. if you wanted to eat in the restaurant you had to walk to main hotel as the annex one didnt open in the afternoon.
Dinner was a few different types of meats then with the same sides almost every night potatoes and veg then the same pasta garlic bread salads ect as i said the food was good we never had to eat out but i feel we would have if we were there for 2 weeks. There is 2 themed restaurants you could eat in also with a set menu we didnt eat them as there was nothing for kids on menu.
Very clean. staff very helpful. we had a room that was on 2nd floor looking out onto pool our Rep Jo helped us get this room as i wanted to be close to pool as i was pregnant and depending on what room you got you may be a bit away from the pool but still in the nice gardens.

We would return and think anyone going here will have a great time.

Room Tip: Go for the annex its cheaper and pool are very nice but it is 3 star dont go expecting it to be very...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Carol Ann F
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2012

I stayed in the Riu Olivia in January for 7 days. This is my 3rd time in Fuerteventura, however the hotel didnt quite meet up to previous stays.
The hotel is slightly outside the main centre of correlejo, which is a must see at night for its range of bars and restaurants, the taxi only costs around 7euros to get in via a taxi which reception will call for you or you can occasionally find one at the front entrance.
We had a villa room by the smaller pool, room was clean, tidy, and suited our needs, there was a small patio area which just overlooked the pool.
I found it very difficult to get a sunbed, i found myself going around 9am and there being aboslutely none available. The holidaymakers at this resort are mainly german, i found some (most) rather rude, and even stole my sunlounger while i went to get drinks one day and left my belongings on the floor.
The food at the hotel is what you would expect, there was not much variation, it was the same every night, which can become quite boring after two nights. im quite a fussy eater, and struggled to find things during meal time to eat, but late afternoon they had lovely snacks which i tended to have instead.
There wasnt much activities going on at the hotel, staff would occasionally walk around and shout about an activity, but no-one seemed interested, and when we tried to take up volleyball with another couple, we found thte staff with a clearly very experienced team of volley ball players where we didnt feel like we could fit in and the instructor didnt even try to talk to us so we ended up leaving. Other than that, we had a night in the disco, which was lovely, the staff in there were so friendly and we had a great night!
The beach is wonderful, you have to pay for sunloungers, although i didnt mind.

Overall i would recommend the Riu hotel, i enjoyed my stay, flight and check-in went smoothly, lovely room, the only qualms i had about this resort was the rude guests, (which they cant really help) and the limited choice in foods!

Room Tip: Ask for a villa by the smaller pool, the area is lovely and quiet and you're more likely to get...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank claire f
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corralejo
Hotel Riu Palace Tres Islas
Avanti Hotel Boutique Fuerteventura
Barcelo Corralejo Sands
Barcelo Corralejo Sands
#7 of 45 in Corralejo

Been to ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort? Share your experiences!