Just returned from riu (17th - 24th march). I went with my husband, 2yr old son, my 6month bump :-), my mum, stepdad & 19 yr old brother! We had originally booked to go turkey end of may, and then i realised i would be too heavily preggers so we changed to this.
My mum stepdad and brother had 2 rooms in the hotel and we had a room in the annex. My mum and brothers rooms had sea views which were stunning although their balconys were in the shade, but they were never in their room so it wasnt a problem. Their rooms were very basic, a room with beds in and a loo, but very clean, maids come every day.
Our room in the annex, was big, louge/dining area, bedroom, bathroom & massive balcony. We preferred the annex to the hotel, as the swimming pool was better & nicer, although there are a lot of kids so be prepared for this.
There are plenty of sun loungers at both pools so dont worry, although the good spots get taken by the germans really early (and there was a lot of germans).
The food in the hotel & annex are the same, the hotel is sooo busy at dinner time tho, and hardly any kids so if yours play up (like ours did) be prepared for some snooty looks of people!
We went down to the beach 5/7 days, it was amazing, I swear it looks like a carribean beach, the sand is beautiful, and the sea turquoise, truly beautiful. You have to pay for the sunbeds down there 3euros but is worth it if your there all day.
The all inclusive drinks are constantly available, and you just help your self to all soft drinks wine and beer, all the other alcoholic drinks the many barstaff will give you.
We all paid £750 each all inclusive for a week with first choice (i got a free child place), reading other peoples reviews, I think we may have overpaid :-( but we had a brilliant time and would go back again....just 1 moan, its not really a lively holiday. The evening entertainment was soo boring andthere never was really much going on. Im 29, and to be fair there wasnt many people under 30, son definetly wouldnt recommend for young people!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 5 km from Corralejo. 7-storey main building and 2-storey and 3-storey annexes, surrounded by a 35,000 m2 garden, Situated on Grandes Playas sand dune beach, 5 km from various shops, 35 km from the airport, 200 m from a bus stop, Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Alpha Holidays Limited, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Oliva Beach Corralejo
- Riu Oliva Beach
- Riu Clubhotel Oliva Beach Hotel
- ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort Fuerteventura/Corralejo