If you are looking for a relaxed, clean and child orientated base you can't go wrong.
Rooms within the low rise section are clean, a good size and near the pool, snack bar and shop. They are basically furnished and typical white walls, pine furniture with tiled floors. Initially they were disappointing compared to other 4 stars we have stayed in. But once you get out in the sunshine you stop caring. The only negative is there is no ac or heating, just a ceiling fan. So we were cold when we experienced some bad weather. There are no self catering facilities as All inclusive so you might wish to bring a travel kettle. The snack bar is literally a 2 minute walk from the furthest point of the low rise apartments and hot and cold drinks are available 8.30 onwards.
The pools were warm enough to swim in. Same as in summer, a bit nippy when you first get in but then comfortable. Kids loved both pools (aged 8 and 10 and good swimmers). There are shallow sections in kids pool for babies and toddlers to paddle in. Lifeguard was vigilant.
Staff worked really hard, very polite and aiming to please. Never experienced any unfriendly staff, all had good attitudes.
We tried all inclusive at our children's request. It's busy, hectic and canteen style so didn't float our boat. However, the selection of food is very good, hot and tasty. The staff took pride in setting the tables with crisp white table cloths and provided good service. The kids loved it.
Entertainment was reasonable compared with anything else we have experienced. Mildly entertaining, kids were happy, friendly atmosphere etc.
This is really a good 3 star resort, it's not luxurious or polished but it is honest and getting many things right.
The beach is gorgeous and we had a lovely winter break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 5 km from Corralejo. 7-storey main building and 2-storey and 3-storey annexes, surrounded by a 35,000 m2 garden, Situated on Grandes Playas sand dune beach, 5 km from various shops, 35 km from the airport, 200 m from a bus stop, Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Alpha Holidays Limited, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Oliva Beach Corralejo
- Riu Oliva Beach
- Riu Clubhotel Oliva Beach Hotel
- ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort Fuerteventura/Corralejo