Just back from the Olivia beech hotel traveled in a group of 4 adults stayed for 2 weeks from 15/03/2014. Having read other reviews and spoken to people who had visited this hotel we had a fair impression of what to expect. Thompson's have this hotel has a four star while the official rating is 3 star which i think i a bit nearer the mark in some respects. The location is fantastic on the beech and in the national park surrounded by sand dunes. Corralejo is a short bus ride away with all the shops and bars, cost 1.40 euros pp, taxis 7 euros.There is only one restaurant out side the complex and no shops, There are two small shops in the complex selling water souvenirs ect. On arrival the check in was very quick and easy, we were booked into rooms in the annex. It was dark when we arrived and we were given directions to our rooms and a map of the complex but it still took us about 30 minutes or so to find our rooms as there were plenty of people about we should have asked for directions from them. The room was an ex self catering room consisting of bedroom, bathroom and lounge area with a balcony over looking the the pool there was a free safe and a fridge in the room also. However the room was very dated and requires modernising, but very clean and tidy. we were in room 1221, which we entered from the walk way. The bed room which was near the road, staff car park and service area could be noisy at times especially at 4.25am when the bin men arrived but only for a few minutes, you could set your watch by the chamber maids every morning at 8 they passed by with the cleaning trollies.We could have asked for a move but decided not to bother as we soon got used to the minor inconvenience. That was the only winge we had for the 2 weeks we stayed here. Now the good part. The annex area is very sheltered for the wind which could be quite strong at time but is a great sun trap all day, plenty of sun beds around the pool as usual towels on sun beds early to get the sunniest places. The food was buffet style with some show cooking at times in the evenings, there was always a good selection of meats cooked and cold, fish, salads and pasta, fresh fruits, and cheese. Desserts again a good selection of cakes, fruit, ice cream ect Beer, wine and soft drinks were on tap just help yourself.
We ate in the annex restaurant, but as there was very little in the way of entertainment we went to the main building were there was entertainment, a card room and two bars. and the disco.
The drinks were of decent quality and decent measures. The staff every were very good all ways smiling and willing to assist in any way Towels for the pool side were free from the pool in the main building. We also booked in to the Canerian restaurant one night which we thought was good but not much different from the restaurant in the annex, however the Asian restaurant was very good with a great selection of starters and main courses. We had the opportunity to see the rooms in the main building, which while smaller than the annex were much better appointed the views down the beach were brilliant but a pool view is the better side as it is sheltered from the wind. We would definitely stay here again but would try for a room in the main building overlooking the pool and sue the annex pool and restaurant. or ask for a different room in the annex .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 5 km from Corralejo. 7-storey main building and 2-storey and 3-storey annexes, surrounded by a 35,000 m2 garden, Situated on Grandes Playas sand dune beach, 5 km from various shops, 35 km from the airport, 200 m from a bus stop, Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Oliva Beach Corralejo
- Riu Oliva Beach
- Riu Clubhotel Oliva Beach Hotel
- ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort Fuerteventura/Corralejo