Having been to this hotel in 2011 I knew what to expect and was not let down. Our previous trip we were in the apartments in the club village, this time as it was a 30th year wedding anniversary we opted to pay the extra for a sea view room in the Hotel. I emailed the hotel to ask for a high room facing the swimming pool and was not let down, I feel the other side of the hotel would have been very windy on the balcony as wind was a factor when we visited.
The room was maybe a little dated but neat and tidy. Cleaners do a great job and if there is a problem it is rectified immediately as we found out when our toilet flusher broke, we also were given a complimentary bottle of Cava for our trouble our second of the trip as they remembered our anniversary!
Food choice was brilliant with plenty different dishes, we were all inclusive so drinks were provided although waiters were always refilling water glasses at tables.
The setting is stunning with the dunes and the beach, great for walking or running off the meals.
Poolside was great, although there was people doing the old towel routine there was always spare beds.
Didn't really get involved with the shows although they looked like they were doing a sterling job if this was your scene. We tended to use the terrace bar which was quieter, there was a duo singing there a couple of nights who were good.
Overall a great holiday only negative which stops me giving five stars is the wifi which was free on our last visit but now is 5 euros a day which I feel is a regressive move nowadays, especially when all inclusive, I suppose the safe was free which was a trade off.
Thank you Oliva we will return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The All Inclusive ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort opens all year, is located in a fascinating dune scenery with beautiful long beach Grandes Playas on Fuerteventura's north coast, near the "Parque Natural de Corralejo" and approx. 35 kms from Fuerteventura Airport (FUE). Far from any large agglomerations, the volcanic charm of this island and the generous sun that shines on it most of the year make it a perfect place for an exceptional holiday. The hotel has 814 comfortably furnished rooms and offers many amenities. The various entertainment programs, such as RiuArt the RiuFit program and the RiuLand Kids' Club, will keep you busy all day with numerous activities or relaxing with a massage or at the hair salon. In the evening, you can enjoy the best shows and live music and the best nightlife at the hotel's nightclub. You can enjoy exquisite international, Canary Island and Asian cuisine at its 4 restaurants or enjoy the best snacks and appetizers at its 5 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Alpha Holidays Limited, TripOnline SA, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Travel Republic (UK), Stayforlong S.L., Atrapalo, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Oliva Beach Corralejo
- Riu Oliva Beach
- Riu Clubhotel Oliva Beach Hotel
- ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort Fuerteventura/Corralejo