ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort
US$79
US$73
bedfinder
3,996 results
All reviewsthe main hotelmandarin restaurantannex poolannexe restaurantsand dunescard roomfantastic beachon tapsaladplenty of choicebeach holidayevening entertainmentself servicegerman guestssea viewamazing locationpork
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 June 2014

When booking this hotel, be careful as the pics don't match the holiday. the twin room you are shown on the Thomson web page is the hotel.. but under it says you will be in the annexe.The annexe is a bit like Butlins with sun,
I booked a break away with my girlfriend as i have been to the hotel before and had a nice time, but on arrival this time i was told i was in the annexe. Not only was i shocked, but many couples we talked to also thought they had booked the hotel, only to be put in the annexe.
We went to our room and opened the door,, to what i think was a swarm of fruit flies, which really seems to like the room, on the other hand i thought the inbetweeners room in the film was a few stars better
It was open plan in the fact that there was no upstairs floor, you walked upstairs where you had two single stained beds and a sort of wall that you could look over, or jump if things got that bad. The bathroom window was hanging off, the bath had rust in it, and a hole that seemed to been patched up with white sealer.. most light bulbs did't work, or the fitting was broken.. in all the room was shabby and dirty and thinking that i was on a four star all inclusive holiday i sort of went mad and lost the plot..i have honestly stayed in cleaner hostels.
So with out anything to loose, only my very dirty room..I called the Thompson hotline that i had on the paper stuff that i downloaded, and printed off at work, that i thought i would never need. lesson to be had there..and got through to a very nice women who said someone would call me back in five mins.
They did this, and to the poor sole on the other end of the phone, i explained my problem, with many fruity and colourful words on how i think i had been had over, and that i thought i was in the hotel and now i seemed to be in a prisoner of war camp.. the pics did't show me this.they showed me a nice twin room in the hotel...with carpets and lights
She was helpful and said sit tight and she will get right back to me, so after doing some DIY and killing a few flies the hotel called and said they had two rooms for us to look at, so away we went on our middle of the night journey, forgot to say we arrived at nine in the evening
Room one was a very small room with a very nice view of an alleyway. not just any alleyway, the one to the food hall, this came with free smells.and a whole host of new DIY projects that i could take on if i took the room, we agreed to pass on this one..
Room two. this was a lot better,it was clean and tidy although the broken tiles on the steps on the way in could have been a problem,, it was like the Hillton compared to the last two rooms, in fact, it was large enough to ride a bike around.. really it was and the patio was twice the size of the apartment. we was happy with this but i still think that if we had been shown the right pictures on the web page we would have not booked at all.
Things did seem to be looking up and we was told we would be upgraded to the hotel, but after three days we said we are not changing now ,as we had unpacked and settled in to our holiday,
We was offered a room in the hotel on the morning of day three of four but said no... better the devil you know ..
With things going to plan on the room front, things on the food front had taken a turn for the worse, and my girlfriend had what we in Britain call, deli belly..she had this for around two days, and had sickness and just felt rough, i will not say it was food poisoning as i don't know that it was, but we only had food from the hotel, i carried on with the room DIY while she was ill.
We voiced our complaints with the Thomson reps who seemed to be fairly human at times, but that just said sort things out with Thomson when you get home,in a sort of,,, i don't care way
I have complained to Thompson and they did say.. don't call us we will call you... but that was two weeks ago,, so we will just have to see what happens.
I am to this day, which is a month on very bitter about this holiday, when you look at the holiday on the Thompson web page it does says twin room and shows you the hotel, and it does in fact tell you that you will go to the annexe. but it don't show pictures of the annexe as a twin room .i find this to be miss leading and a lie.if i had known i was going to the annexe i would have booked the hotel up the beach for a bit more money.
i did stayed at this hotel last year and had a very nice week. but this year it was a total waste of time.
the annexe is very run down and not my idea of romantic holiday abroad with my girlfriend.
if you are looking to go here please be aware that the top two pictures that state twin room are not the annexe, they are the hotel. and it states in the wording under this..
These rooms are located in the annexe, separate to the main building... pity the picture is wrong.. also there are only three pictures of the annexe on the web page.. strange as its bigger than the hotel.

Room Tip: see view twin room should be a hotel room. don't look at the pics which are the hotel as in the small print it says you will be in the annexe. which is not part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stuart L
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We are recently returned from our second trip to the Oliva Beach and I am pleased to say it was as good this time around as before.
On our first visit we were in the main building in a room that overlooked the back of the hotel and was near the bins, which meant at 4.00am every day we got woken up when they were emptied. To avoid this happening again we had emailed the hotel in advance to ask for a high room with a pool view and were hugely disappointed on checking in to find we were in the annexe rooms. We complained and asked could we be moved to the hotel and were told it wasn’t possible that week as the hotel was full but they would try to move us the following week.
We should have kept quiet because our disappointment was soon quashed when we saw our lovely big room, with separate living area and sun drenched balcony overlooking the annexe pool. We told the reception we no longer wanted to move and the next night there was a bottle of Cava and chocolates in our room because they hadn’t been able to fulfil our request!!

It is true that parts of the hotel are tired and there are chips in the paintwork and broken tiles here and there but you have to remember that you get what you pay for! The small flaws were small and other things like the food, drinks and magnificent staff more than compensated for them.

The dress code in the buffets here is not overly fancy and I felt it was less so in the annexe buffet which caters more for families, so it was nice to dress up a little to try the speciality restaurants – both of which I would recommend. The staff behind the bars work incredibly hard and even at busy times the wait to get served is minimal.

We didn’t go to the main evening entertainment preferring to listen to the occasional live music in the other bar, but the entertainment team during the day kept you as busy as you wanted to be. Sabina’s daily stretching session were a must for us!

The hotel is on a great beach which, if you don’t mind the nudists, is perfect for a long walk and when the wind and waves permit a lovely swim in the clear, if a little cold, sea.

The hotel does however let itself down in charging for Wi-Fi as this should really still be offered for free.

On a last note – several reviewers have commented on the fact that sunbeds are booked from early on. Well yes they are in the prime spots but there were usually beds to be had stacked up until a reasonable time in the morning. If you want to sit somewhere specific I’m afraid you have to play the game and get up early.

It’s a good hotel, with great staff and a fabulous location which we feel is good value for money and I think we’ll be back again next year.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dez_11
Reviewed 18 June 2014

If you found fault with this hotel feel sorry for you.spotless,great staff perfect position right on

beach. Stayed in hotel but apartments looked fine

Variety of food to suit all tastes.

Stayed all inclusive for one week.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank junecellis
Reviewed 17 June 2014

just spent 2 weeks all inc. excellent value for money, food good, excellent selection of drinks. Staff very friendly, spotlessly clean, stayed in duplex apartment in the annex which was fab. Entertainment leaves a little to be desired, but make your own entertainment. Couldn't ask for better beach anywhere. Take a right turn out of hotel gate and walk about 2 kl along beach to second beach bar and try the calamari sardines and garlic prawns they are to die for with a little bread and a beer mmmmm, Note beach is naturist to the right brilliant try it cheers Dave &Vee

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank dave c
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately this holiday was completely ruined by a severe stomach bug that affected both my boyfriend and then myself. Due to the fact I am 17 weeks pregnant and have an auto immune disease and could not stop vomiting and having chronic diarrhoea I was sent to the hospital. I was severely dehydrated and had 3 bags of fluid, anti sickness and stomach protector intravenously. They confirmed it was a bacterial stomach infection. I am visiting A&E to get a scan to make sure the baby is okay now I am back in England. The other thing is we stayed in the annexe rooms and we did have cockroaches living with us. We worked out that they lived in the overflow system of the bath and would run in and out of that. The beach is absolutely beautiful but due to the events above the holiday has been absolutely ruined and I wouldn't recommend anybody staying here.

• Stayed: June 2014