The hotel on lovely sandy beach which stretches for miles. The whole hotel and annexe area is well kept and clean. The staff are always very helpful, the work very hard to make your holiday enjoyable and they all have a greeting for you and a lovely smile.
Good selection of soups, hot food and salads are on offer with varied menus during the week. The catering through tends to be more for the German clientèle though and I suppose that is because Thompson and Tui are a German owned company and the majority of guests are German.
The pool areas do get busy later in the day but I never had a problem getting a sunbed in the morning.
The rooms are clean but need updating as still has old furniture and tvs in the rooms.
In the pool bar and in the evenings the bar staff work incredibly hard and you do not have to wait usually to get your drink or cocktail.
This year and every year the entertainment team was and has been very disappointing for the evening shows. There again some people thought they were wonderful, so you would have to make your own mind up on that one. There are two days a week, a Wednesday and Sunday when the hotel usually have professional entertainment for an hour which has usually been very good. Not much to do in the evening unless you go to the nearest town which I think is about 5 miles away. A taxi would cost around 10 euros each way.
The Wi-fi room certainly needs furniture replacement and there is a charge of 20 euros a week for each item you use. ie; ipad, phone, laptop. which could work out expensive per week if you want two or more items on wi-fi.
The location on the beach is lovely but can sometimes be very windy, so plenty of sun cream if you spend the day down there.
This was my sixth time of staying and still I had a great holiday. The only let down for me is the hotel entertainment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The All Inclusive ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort opens all year, is located in a fascinating dune scenery with beautiful long beach Grandes Playas on Fuerteventura's north coast, near the "Parque Natural de Corralejo" and approx. 35 kms from Fuerteventura Airport (FUE). Far from any large agglomerations, the volcanic charm of this island and the generous sun that shines on it most of the year make it a perfect place for an exceptional holiday. The hotel has 814 comfortably furnished rooms and offers many amenities. The various entertainment programs, such as RiuArt the RiuFit program and the RiuLand Kids' Club, will keep you busy all day with numerous activities or relaxing with a massage or at the hair salon. In the evening, you can enjoy the best shows and live music and the best nightlife at the hotel's nightclub. You can enjoy exquisite international, Canary Island and Asian cuisine at its 4 restaurants or enjoy the best snacks and appetizers at its 5 bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Alpha Holidays Limited, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, RIU Hotels and Resorts, Atrapalo, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Stayforlong S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Oliva Beach Corralejo
- Riu Oliva Beach
- Riu Clubhotel Oliva Beach Hotel
- ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort Fuerteventura/Corralejo