This hotel is situated right on a beautiful beach which is a public beach so sunbeds and parasols are to be paid for. Food and drinks are not permitted from the hotel on the beach. Beware of naked sun worshippers all over the beach also.
When we arrived we didn't get the sea view that was paid for however the room was changed without quibble. Rooms are a little outdated and smell old, which you get used to after a day or so. Beds are hard and lumpy. My wifes mattress was losing springs and had to be changed. Room was clean and tidy. Air conditioning is turned off at 11pm which is most annoying as its after that its needed to aid a restful sleep. The sea views from the balcony were fabulous.
The food in the restaurants was plentiful with an adequate selection if you like all your meats deep fried although the selections were the same every day. After 3 days we were becoming a little tired of fatty food that we decided to eat out a couple of times to break the monotony. The alcohol isn't the best either, weak and not pleasant especially the wine from the self service pumps. Amstel beer was ok though.
This hotel is very popular with Germans and Spanish. There doesn't seem to be many brits using it.
Hotel entertainment isn't the best I've seen but also no the worst. Night time entertainment consisted of the team dancing and miming along to various musical pieces. There was no comedy or anything else involved and some of the miming left them looking like goldfish gasping for air.
Tomsom reps were great and very helpful.
The local town of collerejo is only a short bus ride away and is worth a visit for shopping and restaurants. There's an English pub called The Galleon which have happy hour 4-6 where you can get a pint for €1.50 they also do a decent meal to.
All in all not a bad holiday but we won't be going back to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 5 km from Corralejo. 7-storey main building and 2-storey and 3-storey annexes, surrounded by a 35,000 m2 garden, Situated on Grandes Playas sand dune beach, 5 km from various shops, 35 km from the airport, 200 m from a bus stop, Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK), RIU Hotels and Resorts, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Oliva Beach Corralejo
- Riu Oliva Beach
- Riu Clubhotel Oliva Beach Hotel
- ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort Fuerteventura/Corralejo