I stayed at this complex last December with my girlfriend & her sister / husband.
We were located in one of the two storey buildings situated away from the sea / pool view of the main building, the couple that traveled with us paid extra to upgrade to said view though mentioned to us it was quite uncomfortable at night trying to sleep due to internal heat. We slept very well in our "basic" room, just a pity it was 2 single beds ;-(
We were here for just a week & unfortunately despite being Fuerteventura which is generally very reliable for tolerable sunshine weather we got 3-4 overcast days (it even "monsooned" one night, Corralejo main street was like a river at the lower end) but hey ho it was in December.
Overall couldn't complain about the resort; access directly to a private (I think?) stretch of wonderful beach via the pool area alongside another Riu hotel resort. Rooms spacious, excellent levels of cleanliness, staff extremely friendly.
There's 2 Al a Carte restaurants on offer (Mandarin & Canary Island cuisine) that you can book once a week that I both found very agreeable food-wise. I don't have a particularly refined palate so providing it's hot & fresh I'm happy enough. The food in general was of good quality with plenty of meat, poultry & fish options on offer. As mentioned though I'm a man of simple plain tastes so I never found the food repetitive. The snack bars are lovely too & I must have eaten dozens of the light cheese & ham toasties they served up in place of set meals!
I wasn't sure what "lager" they were serving up but both myself & the other bloke I was with weren't impressed with the non-chilled "beer" (no amount of lime cordial could improve it). I was at the 3 star Oasis Village in Corralejo earlier in the year & even they made an effort on the beer front by serving chilled San Miguel in their AI package. Girls highlighted that there were lots of different cocktails on offer of good quality & that the wine was decent enough at least.
Another negative was the stereotypical "older Germans en masse" experience at this resort with their blatant rude behaviour. I genuinely believed their perceived proclivity towards "towel-tagging" sun loungers & aggressively jumping queues was an exaggeration on the part of cynical older fellow Brits until I had my personal week long experience of it. Their behaviour towards the bar staff as well & basic lack of courtesy... I am struggling to articulate how rude they were at times. We met 2 older amicable Scots couples there as well who echoed our sentiments.
It's a great resort in a great location (5-10min taxi ride from Corralejo main street), just a pity about some of the guests there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 5 km from Corralejo. 7-storey main building and 2-storey and 3-storey annexes, surrounded by a 35,000 m2 garden, Situated on Grandes Playas sand dune beach, 5 km from various shops, 35 km from the airport, 200 m from a bus stop, Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with RIU Hotels and Resorts, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Clubhotel Oliva Beach Corralejo
- Riu Oliva Beach
- Riu Clubhotel Oliva Beach Hotel
- ClubHotel Riu Oliva Beach Resort Fuerteventura/Corralejo