“Even better thanI hoped”
Review of Hotel Arena

Hotel Arena
Ranked #22 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Stayed here with my wife from 01/06/2012 for 1 week all inclusive.As most of us do Id read the previous reviews and liked what I'd read in general.This is a smallish hotel which means that its so easy to make friends and spend time with fellow guests.The rooms are huge ,very clean with everything you need hairdryer ,tea making ,tv, safe , air con etc( 10 euro deposit for remote at reception).Rooms cleaned every day , clean sheets and towels.The entire hotel is spotless and kept that way.
The pool ,somone metioned was only usable between 10 am till 6pm,I often had early morning splash with no problem, lifeguard is on duty at times mentioned.The food I found was just great, lots of choice, anyone who cant find something to enjoy is way too fussy.Staff are very helpful and cant do enough for you.Pool bar in particular is great with plenty of snacks available between meal times.
Hotel is a lovely 15 minute walk along the beach to the resort centre(4 euros taxi back ).Al inall I think this is a little gem of a hotel and we will be back

Room Tip: Ask for poolside room,
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank baggyboy_123
There are newer reviews for Hotel Arena

Reviewed 5 June 2012

I have stayed here twice. Last July/August 2011 and April 2012. Both in the school holidays.
I firstly booked this hotel last year after reading mixed reviews. i really didn't know what to expect. At the end of the day myself and my family just wanted a cheap deal in a decent hotel to relax and enjoy our time together as a family.

The hotel is spotless. The staff are cleaning all the time. Rooms are cleaned and towels changed daily. Hairdryer/aircon/tv/mini fridge/(safe - small charge) in rooms. We managed to get a ground floor room round the pool (right next to the bar). Excellent! My partner and I could sit on our balcony and watch our children. The whole complex is enclosed and great to keep a watchful eye on children. I have to say the staff were excellent. Especially the barman. All the staff where so friendly and polite it really made our holiday.

It is rare that I would revisit a hotel but we found it such a lovely stay that we booked to go back for the Easter holidays upon our return. I was really suprised when they recognised us. Especially as they have so many visitors as they are open all year round.

I can't believe that someone has stated the food was terrible. There was maybe not as much choice as some of the larger complexes but everything was nice and tasty and not just slopped together. There was enough oof a choice not to have to opt for the same things every night and the menu was varied.

The drinks were, well lets say 'not short on the measures'. There was entertainment every evening in the bar and a kids disco. Its not far to the town either. We used to walk it. Maybe 15 minutes and a little further to the beach. You can get a taxi but we enjoyed walking off our breakfast or dinner.

This was everything you could ask for for what we paid. A bargain holiday.

I would say the only negative thing I could mention about the place was the lack of sun loungers during our visit last July. It got silly. People where getting up at 5am to put towels on loungers. However the hotel recognised this and brought more loungers. Therefore problem solved. Also upon our second visit I requested a ground floor room again but had to wait an hour to get one whilst it was cleaned. However I was prepared to do this a it made such a difference to our holiday. These 2 little negatives are the only niggle I could point out but they got sorted out.

Overall excellent family holiday.

Room Tip: Ask for a ground floor room round the pool. Excellent choice if you have a family.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank SY42
Reviewed 2 June 2012

we spent a week from 16 may very clean hotel ,pleasant staff , if you like an early morning swim ,forget it , as the pool does not officially open till 10.00am and closes again a 6.00 pm, rooms are provided with kettles and on arrival tea and coffee sachets .these are not topped up so you need to help yourself from the restuarant, Breakfast not bad but ,take your own marmalade if thats what you like , despite a line in the welcome pack asking men to wear long trousers( when, not clear) dress code in the evening was for many , "as you left the beach", the evening meals were not great ,but it is 3 star and thats what you get, on the plus side the coffee was excellent, a liitle out of the way ,but a good walk along the beach to main town,

Room Tip: rooms on the far side of the pool are quieter and do not get direct sun but are a little dark inside
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Myself and my partner stayed here for a week last November. We booked a cheap week and that's exactly what you get is what you pay for! The complex is quite modern and actually really nice! The roomas are a little dated and could do with a proper kitchenette area but are spotlessly clean. The staff couldn't have been better, we were delayed a night flying over and the hotel upgraded us to the pool side suites, which was much appreciated but for suites they weren't out of this world, still they were nice and kept well. We weren't all inclusive so we only ate in the restaurant once for luch but we weren't impressed at all with the food although there was choice it didn't look very appetising! It's a bit of a walk to the strip so if you want a quick lunch you have to go out for the day more or less! Overall it was fine but I don;t think I'd stay again because of location!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SineadDH
Reviewed 23 May 2012

This is my second review of the hotel and I may have been a little unfair previously. I stayed here last October and just the fact that I returned shows I like the place, If I was judging the Arena against a modern 4 star hotel I would say that it is somewhat lacking but I have decided to base my views on value for money.
I paid a total of £306.00 all inclusive including £40.00 for luggage and based on that, this hotel is hard to beat.
The rooms are spacious, very clean and comfortable. There is a fridge and a kettle in the rooms and there is air conditioning.
Food, - Breakfast was excellent, Lunch and dinner I would not describe as excellent, but again based on value for money, the food was not that bad. Plenty of choice and we always found something reasonably tasty to eat.
Had no problems at all with the staff, most were friendly and helpful. We had a problem with the air con in the first room we had and were moved to a new room when it could not be fixed without argument.
The drinks both alcohol and non alcohol were plentiful and nice coffee could be had at any time.
The location is a bit out of the way but we enjoyed the evening walk into town along the beach which does make the journey a fair bit shorter although you would be unable to do this out of the summer months as there is no lighting and it would be pitch black. A taxi back is only 3.50 euros.
I cannot comment at all on the entertainment as we prefer to go into town but from what I heard it seemed to be popular.
The hotel in general is kept very clean in all areas.
Would recommend the Arena to anyone wanting a cheap all inclusive. Perhaps if you want more luxury and high class food then give it a miss but you will obviously be paying a lot more.

4  Thank Andyt2120
Reviewed 22 May 2012

Booked this all inc holiday with Travel Republic just got back, excellent bargain for a chill out holiday. Well worth the price we paid, not a lot to do but had a very enjoyable rest. Rooms good size very clean as was all the hotel areas.Pleasant staff, beer good other drinks and wine palatable, food not bad something for everyone.An all round bargain break

Room Tip: top floor pool view
4  Thank yorkshireman69
Reviewed 21 May 2012

Just back from a great weeks holiday in Corralejo staying at the Hotel Arena. The staff were excellent and always friendly and helpfull especially Andreas and his staff in the restaurant. The layout of the hotel is lovely, our room looked out on to the pool and was near the pool bar which was handy. The food was generally very good, there was always plenty of choice and you could find things that you enjoy. I can't understand why people who only want a fry in the morning and chips and meat the rest of the time go 'all inclusive'. One criticism and the reason we didn't use the main bar much, it was a bit like a dungeon it would have been nice to have a terrace where you could sit in the evening. The rooms were large, well appointed and spotlessly clean.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms looking on to the pool are really nice spots.
2  Thank Mark C