“Great hotel !”

Ranked #21 of 45 Hotels in Corralejo
Stafford
“Great hotel !”
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Excellent quick check in, ended up in room 211( if you get it change straight away ) it's right next to the bar so noisy at night time! The food was great, plenty of variety. Always something to eat, even for very fussy eaters. The drinks were good, and always put plenty of spirit into the glass (so it didn't matter if the alcohol was weak, as they put 1/2 a glass full of it in). The only problem we found was it was a good walk to the beach which was a around 20 mins and to get to the best beach which is in the middle of the two riu hotels took forever I'd advise getting a hired car or a taxi (if your a beach person). To the strip it takes abit less around 15 mins and there's a great little shopping centre less then 5 mins away to have a walk around. It's rained twice whilst we were there and in the mornings it gets quite cloudy. There's free wifi in the reception which is great. Over all it's a great hotel there always cleaning it's spotless , a great value for money holiday to say its only 4*, pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Beckaxx

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Cannot fault the hotel, 4* but nicer than a lot of 5*'s I've stayed at.

Location - 20 minute walk to the lovely town/strip of really cool shops/bars/cafes/restaurants. A selection of 3/4 beach's beautiful beaches within a 15 minute walk and again about a 15 minute walk from the water park.

Food - Food was lovely, nothing amazing and incredible but it was nice and for the price I paid I was very happy with it - I loved sitting outside over looking the pool, lovely setting.

Staff - Everyone was lovely, from reception to the restaurant staff and the funny bar men.

Entertainment/Animation Team - I've never been to fussed about entertainment, rather like chilling on holiday but they were brilliant. We didn't participate in the day as we went to the beach most days but the evening consisted of good singers, pianist, reptile show, parrot show - all really good fun!

Rooms - Lovely spacious rooms, cleaned nicely every day but the happy cleaners. Only slight downfall is the double beds are 2 singles pushed together but if thats all there is to complain about then you know you're at a good hotel!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LesterApthorp
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Just returned from an 11 night stay here. Was a bit dubious after reading some negative reviews, however we had a great time. Check in quick and easy, we got there late and so restaurant had closed but we were told there was a small meal waiting in our room, a lovely salad, cheese and salami platter with rolls,bottled water and fruit which i found to be very thoughtful. All staff extremely helpful Alvaro the restaurant manager always made sure guests were ok and so did his staff. Abel the barman at the pool bar was terrific, very chatty and friendly. Michel from the animation team tried really hard to get people to join in but it wasn't our thing, i like to just relax. The food was great lots of spanish dishes but it had some typical english food for those less adventurous and just wanted chips! On our second night there was a massive pork joint being freshly carved for you plus various side dishes/salads however whilst in the queue a loud northern woman's voice remarked " you can't have pork without stuffing and there isn't even mash or roasties to go with it, i cant eat any of that rubbish) whilst pointing to saffron potatoes and the canarian dish of wrinkled potatoes & mojo sauce. She had a pile of chips instead! I guess its visitors like her that give the bad food reviews. There was plenty of choice, several meat and fish dishes everynight plus various rice pasta or potatoes and salads galore. Rooms were cleaned daily and plenty of fresh towels. During our stay although it was busy it was quiet as hardly any children but towards our last couple of days it got noisier as families started to arrive. If you want a peaceful relaxing holiday come here but not during school hols.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank MrsMitch150
Glasgow
Reviewed 23 July 2014

An honest reliable hard working Hotel I wasn't disappointed in any aspects of the hotel, my only gripe would be the hotel is quite a distance from the main strip around 30 mins walk to the main strip, taxi 5 euro , that's not long in mounting up per day times there and back, food was very good and i am very fussy, Italian and Mexican nights were well worth the wait, help your self drinks was excellent, staff were fantastic, great island beaches to dye for

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Low Cost Holidays

3 Thank Gilbert B
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

After reading all the reviews on here, I was skeptical about my upcoming holiday here.

Excellent quick check in, ended up with a pool side ground floor room! The food was great, plenty of variety - Mexican night was the best! Always something to eat, even for very fussy eaters. The drinks were also spot on, plenty of variety, and always put plenty of spirit into the glass (so it didn't matter if the alcohol was weak, as they put 1/2 a glass full of it in). Excellent location, only 5 minutes walk to the beach, 10 to the sand dumes and 15 into town, however we hired a car so this was great for going into town whenever we wanted. Maids did a great job of cleaning the room, even left a tip! All in all, a great value for money holiday to say its only 4*, pleasantly surprised!

Room Tip: Hotel rooms near the restaurant are the best - we had 218, right in the middle extremely quiet at ni...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Holly Y
Sherborne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Well now.... I never give full marks because there is always room for emprovement. That said, this is also not the sort of Hotel I tend to go for as it's usually, Hotel, Beach, Sea for me. This was a 1 week short break and I have to say that it ticked nearly all the boxes. Other people who have reviewed this hotel have noted the same things as I am about to say. The Staff were absolutely outstanding. Nothing was too much trouble for them. I was really surprised and I told them so too. Credit where credit's due.
The food was really good except for the bacon...Please get the real stuff guys.
We were in rooms 313/4 which is top floor facing roughly East. Nice location and the higher you can get the better as the breeze keeps the room temperature in check. Downside was the A/C which basically didn't work to my satisfaction. I like it cold and I didn't feel that the indicated 17 degrees was infact 17. Oh boy, am I moaning?...I don't mean to but I thought it worth a mention.
The only thing I found really bad was the underground saloon bar.. dark..badly designed and I did not like the entertainment programme at all.
There needs to be a "quiet area/room" where you can go read a book or something. The foyer is ok'ish and clever marketing as you get free wifi there but you pay for anywhere else.
The entertainment keep fit/animations around the pool was rather French orientated I thought...well the fellow doing it, mostly Michel, was French so I guess that's why. Mainly French/UK/Dutch clients when I was there with a few Spanish. A good mix really.
Bit cramped around the pool with loungers very closely spaced.
This may sound rather negative but I am being hypa critical. As the title of my review says, it was surprisingly good, considering.
The bosses there need to congratulate and remunerate their staff accordingly as they were first rate and miles better than in Hotel's I have been in with a far higher rating

Room Tip: Get as high up as you can.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Roger G
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have never taken the time to write a review except i am motivated on this occasion, so please do read. Small perfectly good hotel, food and beverage above average for ALL / INC. Like most holidays you could find complaints if you wanted to but it would be a great disservice to do so. Rooms were well equipped and a good size, we were in room 201 which was at the end of the block next to the restaurant. I asked to change it but the hotel was full. Not only did our view look into the back of the next block but the next room was the staff work station and lift which made a noise all day from 7.30am, but hey that was our misfortune and we just accepted it and all in all it did not detract from the hotel,s major asset ,,,,,, the staff. Their attitude, friendliness, desire to help were fantastic,(i was sitting at the pool holding a used paper plate and cup as it was breezy, a staff member came over and asked "can i dispose of that for you sir" i replied "thankyou very much" he replied " no problem, i am here to serve you sir". In the restaurant "Alvaro" was outstanding, smiling and helpful, i poured myself a beer which had a large head, he took it from me and said "let me sort that for you sir, you go and sit down and i will bring it over, you are on holiday". I was in the USA last year and the service was good but not this good and then they would put their hand out at every turn. At the Arena i did tip generously because i was humbled and impressed, it was always accepted graciously AND reluctantly. If you can afford to tip please do so, it is so deserved. Lastly a mention to "Mario" what an incredible asset this young man is to the hotel. At the bar he works incredibly hard, always with a smile and trying so hard to please and be friendly. On several occasions he took my grandson to the machine to win a teddy bear, not at our cost. A massive THANKYOU to the wonderful staff, a credit to your Hotel and Island.

Room Tip: Rooms 101 - 120, 201-220 301-320 are at rear with not much view
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank McgillFamily
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corralejo
Hotel Arena Beach Fuerteventura
#7 of 23 in Caleta de Fuste
H10 Ocean Suites
H10 Ocean Suites
#9 of 45 in Corralejo

Been to Hotel Arena? Share your experiences!