Open today: 09:00 - 20:30
Review Highlights
Best time in Fuerteventura!!

I've had an amazing time in Corralejo and would highly recommend this school to everyone who is... read more

Reviewed 20 September 2022
A6899KMjuliaw
the best experience in Fuerteventura

The time at Spanish and surf school was a divine experience! The co-living space is beautifully... read more

Reviewed 14 September 2022
2022annikajt

Revenue impacts the experiences featured on this page, learn more.
All reviews casa carmen two weeks surf school a lot of fun living space nice rooftop work space a great week jorge classes fuerteventura motivating teaching guys
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 April 2013

What a great place!

I came to Corralejo only to surf, and stayed with Spanish and Surf. Jorge (the owner and Spanish teacher) is a super nice guy, very professional, happy to assist in any way and has a great sense of humour - he will make your stay a great time and you would not want to leave.

I had done an intensive Spanish course in Madrid a couple years back, and it never occurred to me that it is way better to use the time after/before Spanish classes for something else. It's way better than running around town visiting museums and having drinks.

Right now I can already kitesurf, but I have been learning surfing while staying in Corralejo - the school is great and most of the other people in the house also share one of your passions so the vibe is great and you can share your stories of wipeouts, catching green waves and carve turns.

This is a great combination (Jorge as host, Spanish, surifng) and I'm happy to recommend the place to all!

Oh, and btw - the house is very nice, right on the seaside, two chillout areas, has wifi, etc. etc.

Date of experience: April 2013
1  Thank lukaszadam
Reviewed 18 February 2013

There is no simple way of explaining or justifying the incredible experience, friendships and the skills and knowledge of the spanish language and culture that I will carry with me for the rest of my life. From the moment I walked in the door at the surf house I felt right at home and knew that this was going too be the start of what I could have only wished for and more.

No matter what age, ethnicity, religion or skill level, you will enjoy every minute of your time here, being surrounded by like minded people that if you choose to, will share the adventure of learning the 3rd most spoken language in the world that can help you travel to some of the most amazing places or simply become your latest challenge in life which will open your eyes to a world of opportunities. Also mixing this with world class waves and a professionally run surf school you really can't go wrong.

I spent 2 months at the Spanish and Surf, surf house learning spanish and surfing everyday. It became a lifestyle that I found very hard too leave. In my time here I went from knowing zero spanish to being able to travel spain without speaking any english at all. Some other amazing things that I did in my short time there was climb some of Fuerteventura's many dormant yet eye-opening volcanoes, learnt to cook delicious traditional spanish meals, dined in many of the super cheap but quality restaurants on offer, took lessons in the kite-surfing, explored the mystical nearby island of Lanzarote which is a short ferry trip away, surfed Europe's longest right hand wave, enjoyed many nights out listening to talented musicians play live music and partied with characters you'll find no where else.

If you've even considered doing anything like it, stop wasting your time get out there and do it! The only thing you'll regret in life are the things you didn't do!

Date of experience: October 2012
2  Thank Jdrynan87
Reviewed 19 January 2013

The teaching was super, the classes where always different, never boring and a lot of fun... the best thing about it, you learn a lot... I only had two weeks but I learned so much... and well I wish I would have stayed in the acommodation as well... as it is an extra bonus and learning effect to listen and speak spanish all day in the house... as Jorge (the spanish teacher) and his girlfiend live there as well. It's such a good, pleasant and fun atmosphere in the house. Especially with Lola the dog :) And all the insider tips you get from living in the house, perfect - like, where are the best and cheapest places to eat, rent your bike, go out... surfspots..... so helpful!
It is a perfect mix to go to spanish lessons in the morning or evening and for a surf or Kitesurf in the afternoon...
I definitely recommend Spanish and Surf in all aspects.

I had a great time thanks Jorge :)

Date of experience: November 2012
Reviewed 20 November 2012

If you plan to go to corralejo for surfing and/or spanish lessons, this is the place to go! The surrounding is great: ten meters in front of the terrasse the waves break on the reef, and if you´re lucky you get the room with the window to the sea, so you fall asleep to the sound of the ocean - awesome. It is only a short walking distance to the city-centre and some great places to have dinner - Jorge and Ana will provide you with all the information you need. For top surfers, great spots are within walking or cycling distance. The place is clean and very cosy.
"El Professor" Jorge is a great teacher and spanish lessons are fun. Surf-lessons are done by homegrown and the bus will pick you up and drop you off right at the hostel. They provide you with all the gear necessary and bring you to the spots that fit your surfing-skills. For a german like me, the reliabilty of everything was amazing: if the school is supposed to start at nine, it starts at nine sharp, if the bus says to pick you up at three, it´s there five minutes earlier, if a travel distance is said to take 30 minutes, it takes, ah..., well ok, 31 minutes. At the same time, everything is very relaxed. And not to forget: the beautiful Lola, that always welcomes you when coming home from surfing with a friendly bark. Not much left to say, except: keep up the great work and thanks again to Jorge and Ana!

Date of experience: November 2012
Reviewed 21 October 2012

There is a lot of wording and blablabla about the importance of always the client always goes first... Well, I wouldn´t read more about it and just go to Corralejo, Fuerteventura, to see when it that true.
The owners of Spanish and Surf Fuerteventura are always attending the clients´needs. And it starts by having an accomodation built to satisfy someone who wants to enjoy the island, practice surf and other sports (water-sports, like kite surf adn scuba diving and non-water-sports like biking, running or hiking).
But what is even more remarkable for me is that all that is the perfect vitamin to learn Spanish. Being relaxed, in a good and healthy environment, I could progress much more in my Spanish lessons.
Not only that but the teachers are well prepared and also very friendly and nice.
Hope you can also enjoy soon such a great experience!!

Date of experience: August 2012