We have just returned from 2 weeks at the Oasis Dunas - we are a family of 4 (children 7 and 4).
Firstly, we have had a brilliant time, the kids had the time of their lives in the pool and waterpark, and joining in all the entertainment.
The rooms are basic. No getting away from it - we literally showered and slept in them. Very hot as there is no aircon although we knew that before we went. We didnt miss the telly - we were too busy having fun! But yes, although clean, the room was the one negative about the holiday.
Pool areas clean, plenty of space, plenty of sunbeds. We soon got used to the saltwater and the 'vomit' in the pool was actually an accumulation of suncream and salt which gathered in one small corner of one of the pools (not the main pool) so maybe the filter needs looking at in that pool.
To say there is a cockroach infestation is misleading. I saw 2 in 2 weeks, both in our bathroom, which for such a hot climate isnt bad.
The free use of the Waterpark for Thomas Cook customers was a big plus and a big saving - the waterpark is brilliant.
Entertainment from the Thomas Cook reps was fabulous - we had a great time doing the quizzes, bingo, watching shows and the four reps worked tirelessly to keep us busy. The kids loved the splashdance and went to kids club a couple of times which they also enjoyed.For those that didnt like the entertainment or fancied a change (its not an all inclusive resort!) Corralejo has lots of lovely bars and restaurants about 5 mins walk away.
We were self catering so can't comment on the food but we ate in some really nice tapas bars down by the harbour.
The location of the hotel is great, 5 mins from the main strip and 5 mins from the beach. There is a beautiful larger beach about half an hour away in the sand dunes, white sands, clear sea.
All in all we had a fab time, we would return despite the room, but the entertainments team were really the highlight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Oasis Duna apartments - Hotel is located in Corralejo (Fuerteventura). With an extension of 60.000m2, is a large tropical garden with a massive pool area and an expansive sun terrace. The large common areas with bars, restaurants, recreation areas, theater and beautiful gardens are ideal for relaxing and enjoying the holidays. The complex has 340 apartments, all equipped with kitchennette and bathroom, as well as furnished balcony or terrace. Its location is ideal, located just 50m from the main street and 900m from Corralejo beach. The Natural Park of the Dunes of Corralejo is located at 2km and the airport at 38km. It also has other touristic attractions around it, such as ACUA water park at 200m, El Campanario Shopping Center and Las Plameras Shopping Center, wich are 400m away. The one and two bedroom apartments, and especially the children's pools and slides, make this complex an ideal place to spend the holidays with your family. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Onthebeach, Idiso Digital, Booking.com, Hotelopia, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Oasis Duna Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fuerteventura Oasis Dunas
- Oasis Duna Corralejo
- Hotel Oasis Duna
- Dunas Fuerteventura Oasis
- Oasis Dunas Fuerteventura
- Oasis Duna Hotel Fuerteventura/Corralejo